Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Was thinking this last night as well. Just came a month too early for us that, I would fancy us to win that final if it was happening now, and he might not admit it, but @Froggy  would probably agree.

I would 100% agree. 

Our team is absolutely knackered. The players will be hanging together by a thread come the end of the season. I think most good sides would turn us over at this point. 

We were much better than Barcelona when we knocked them out of Europe and the cup final was extremely comfortable. I think Barca and Newcastle would both be heavily favoured against us right now. 

16 hours ago, Ace said:

You are replying to a post talking about comparing this team to the Bobby team so that’s a strange one but ok.

94-97 you have to add Blackburn into the picture as well as taking into account the league overall was much more competitive 

"I think we're better than the Sir Bobby side now, not far off the Keegan one tbh."

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

"I think we're better than the Sir Bobby side now, not far off the Keegan one tbh."

No the quote you replied to was 

‘You have to make allowances for things like technology and sports science, but yeah I'd say this team is better than Robson's across a season. More methodical, less fragile.’

Keegan's enthusiasm and drive was amazing, Robson was just a natural incredible man and team manager, Rafa was a tactical mastermind. Howe has a little bit of all of them but I think he's the most professional manager we've had, he's like a hitman.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Remember one of the criticisms during the run of draws was a lack of plan B. He's got a plan B and C now and they are all as good as each other. 

Which was crazy, given the lack of subs he had at his disposal...

Just watching the post match presser.

Talks so much sense and he’s definitely going to be the first manager to win something for us.

Also, I can’t help but feel like he doesn’t like Chris Waugh. Something about the way he looks at him and answers his questions. 

1 hour ago, Likelylad said:

Just watching the post match presser.

Talks so much sense and he’s definitely going to be the first manager to win something for us.

Also, I can’t help but feel like he doesn’t like Chris Waugh. Something about the way he looks at him and answers his questions. 

It's mentioned on PotT a fair bit.

6 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There was an error in the last one of these I posted (apols) before the Spurs game. This is corrected and updated below with the three extra wins since then. The most impressive thing, to me, beyond the consistency and 2.00 Points Per Game for 2022 calendar year, is the 69% win percentage (thus far) for 2023. 

IMG_6197.thumb.jpeg.65bcc59723cf8250bb528324de8afe05.jpeg

Not meaning to piss on your chips but if we've won 9 from 16 in 2023, that's something like 56% win percentage not 69% surely? 

And 4 draws from 16 games is exactly 25%. Think you need to redo most of the percentages tbh :lol:

Edited by Sean

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Not meaning to piss on your chips but if we've won 9 from 16 in 2023, that's something like 56% win percentage not 69% surely? 

And 4 draws from 16 games is exactly 25%. Think you need to redo most of the percentages tbh :lol:

Thanks ? Forgot to change the number of games played. 
IMG_6198.thumb.jpeg.93536146eb53a5fbb78f83f35781b57f.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny