Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Set a dangerous precedent here.

If it was won this year by the manager of the clear favourites before the season, after winning last year and adding Haaland, then surely whoever wins the league wins manager of the year moving forward - unless they're even bigger favourites than Man City were this year and win by a smaller margin.

I don't like the idea we should disregard Guardiola's achievements because he had Haaland.  Haaland went from 22 goals in last year's Bundesliga to 36 in the Premier League.  He's put together and coached the team that has allowed Haaland to do that.

Haaland only played 24 games in the Bundesliga last year (even if fully fit throughout you still play four fewer than PL) and wasn't sole penalty taker like he has been at Man City.

His goal rate is basically identical across the last two seasons.

Edited by ponsaelius

Isn't it the premier league manager of the season, and not combined with other tournaments?

Pep has been able to put out a weakened team and coast the last few, how is that a big achievement? He's basically been able to take the piss because his team is so far ahead.

I know who my manager of the season is so fuck the lot of them! :lol:

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Isn't it the premier league manager of the season, and not combined with other tournaments?

Pep has been able to put out a weakened team and coast the last few, how is that a big achievement? He's basically been able to take the piss because his team is so far ahead.

I know who my manager of the season is so fuck the lot of them! :lol:

This touches on a huge problem in how awards are given out in football and also in all sports around the world. There are NO rules. The MVP in the NBA is an example of this with Nikola Jokic arguably having his best season after coming off back to back MVP trophies, but missing out through voters fatigue to Joel Embiid (who I think you could make a case for)

Even the Ballon D'Or can be criticized for the same.

Eddie deserved it for sure. 

I'm not sure why being on course for the treble is a plus? I thought its an award for the most outstanding manager throughout the course of a PL season.

What about Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea being out of the CL spots? Surely that makes it easier?

Having Haaland breaking records isnt due to Pep. He's been scoring at this same rate (or more) forever.

There needs to be a criteria for these awards...

One option that has been floated around in other sports is having a month to month or week to week rating for managers, players etc. The winner could be the one who has the highest total score at the end of the season based on their performance.

Edited by Sufi

5 minutes ago, cookidge said:

My brother bought me what he thought was an autobiography by Eddie Howe, turns out it's a book written using chatgpt.

20230601_172923.thumb.JPG.39ad51f1b423cb1f12314dde3586b307.JPG20230601_172930.thumb.JPG.cb0026d6836576d6a80acc153656225e.JPG20230601_172927.thumb.JPG.100e6b9b6954e565dec7bf56ef68dbab.JPG

Can we all get a copy of this masterpiece?

I haven't read it but could tell at a glance it was very strange. I'm now flipping through it and can't stop laughing. Much of it reads like a 7 year olds book report.

It appears to have been completed following the Watford game in January 2022. 

18 minutes ago, cookidge said:

My brother bought me what he thought was an autobiography by Eddie Howe, turns out it's a book written using chatgpt.

20230601_172923.thumb.JPG.39ad51f1b423cb1f12314dde3586b307.JPG20230601_172930.thumb.JPG.cb0026d6836576d6a80acc153656225e.JPG20230601_172927.thumb.JPG.100e6b9b6954e565dec7bf56ef68dbab.JPG

:spit:

1 hour ago, cookidge said:

This is one of the best things I've ever seen. 

It's killing me that I can't post pictures. I love this part...

Players are now playing in their proper positions.

Ryan Fraser, a winger, now plays on the wing. Jamal Lewis, a left-back, is currently playing left-back. Instead of being a Brazilian nomad who boarded the wrong airplane and arrived at the wrong location at the wrong time, Eddie Howe has turned Joelinton into a legitimate football player. The bench for the replacements is where players like Willock, Almiron, Hendrick, Krafth, Ritche, Darlow, and Clark have all discovered their ideal positions in Howe's favored XI.

There is also this...

Bio of Vicki Howe

Vicki Howe is 45 years old since she was born in 1977. The current date of Vicki Howe's birthday is unavailable. Vicki's zodiac sign is unknown to us because we do not know when she was born. 

Vicki Howe's nationality is English because she was born in England.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Ryan Fraser, a winger, now plays on the wing. Jamal Lewis, a left-back, is currently playing left-back. Instead of being a Brazilian nomad who boarded the wrong airplane and arrived at the wrong location at the wrong time, Eddie Howe has turned Joelinton into a legitimate football player. The bench for the replacements is where players like Willock, Almiron, Hendrick, Krafth, Ritche, Darlow, and Clark have all discovered their ideal positions in Howe's favored XI.

There is also this...

Bio of Vicki Howe

Vicki Howe is 45 years old since she was born in 1977. The current date of Vicki Howe's birthday is unavailable. Vicki's zodiac sign is unknown to us because we do not know when she was born. 

Pulitzer Prize worthy that! [emoji38]

39 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

There is also this...

Bio of Vicki Howe

ChatGPT with sly digs at Bruce ?