Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

We got dominated of Villa and Brighton away last season. Next time we played them it was a completely different story. Same with Man United after the final loss. 

He's absolutely brilliant at recognising where things have gone wrong and being able to implement the necessary changes to fix things. 

Don't think I've ever had this level of confidence in a manager here, ever. 

Apparently he watches back videos of the training sessions to see what didn't go right. Just hope this beautiful man doesn't give himself an early heart attack.

Just now, Bally21 said:

Is this bloke the best Newcastle manager ever or what? Genuine question- Eddie or KK?

I mean SBR for me but Eddie will overtake him in a few years as long as he stays and the board don’t go into panic mode and start sacking/hiring managers like everyone else does. 

2 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Is this bloke the best Newcastle manager ever or what? Genuine question- Eddie or KK?

KK was the ultimate motivator, everything he did was in building passion and the power of belief.

Eddie is the tactical version, combined with belief!

Eddie is the best.

(Rafa who?)

11 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

KK before my time so probably not fully qualified to have this opinion, but surely Eddie is tactically the best we’ve had? Benitez was good tactically but Howe seems to be on another level. 

xG was 4.32 today and that's against one of the best teams from the last few months of last season. That's exceptional. Created at least 9 really good chances against a very, very good team. Bodes well :aww: 

So many players yet to hit their potential ceiling. Only a few holes to fill squad wise. The team to get even better once players are fully implemented and details to be fine tuned even further. Academy is growing. Club and Commercial income will grow. Some exciting signings in the future to come. Professional people in charge of many many roles. In such a short period of time. I’m just typing blah blah here totally unaware of which thread :lol: 

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Today terrified me in some respects. I got very wound up prior, sick to the gills of hearing how great things are at Villa and how everything Emery does is just perfect all the fucking time. I so badly wanted this result for this man, he will have been sick at what happened in April and more than anything, I just wanted him to put it right. Knew he would. Genius.

Emery has turned out to be a lot better than I thought tbh, I was slagging him off big time when he bottled the Newcastle job so fair play, it's nice he's shown something at Villa.

But by God he did us a favour. Eddie Howe is frighteningly good. Hard to believe sometimes that he's an ex-pro footballer when you compare him with his contemporaries.

22 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Eddie is our best manager for the time. It IS his time. Kev,Bobby & Rafa were at their time. We’ve got our fucking club back and it’s dreamland once again. :indi:

Think this is right attitude ultimately. There's only so much you can compare.

For example, Keegan didn't have 4k drones to let him rewatch training sessions afterwards from multiple angles. Keegan's brains are getting retrospectively underrated.

Different times, different requirements.

But we should be nicking the old Brian Clough's a football genius chant.

27 minutes ago, jack j said:

Wouldn't take no man over Eddie not one

Shove your good ebening right up your arse

Eddie had his life today like. That game goes on for another ten minutes and we score at least 2 more. 

Cant believe they persisted with that high line. They’re lucky that there is some poor sides in the league who won’t take advantage of that 

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Eddie had his life today like. That game goes on for another ten minutes and we score at least 2 more. 

Cant believe they persisted with that high line. They’re lucky that there is some poor sides in the league who won’t take advantage of that 

Aye, hard to believe we'll see another line that high again :lol:

The second isak game did kill it. They were definitely in it at 2-1 still, 3-1 is tough to come back from. Even that Cash chance he should have scored gets it to 3-2 they would have pressed as they did with the same result, which is why I disagree with their fans saying that was a turning point. But if it stays 2-1 our team does get caught in that 'stick or twist' dilemma and we may have dropped deeper. I remember getting nervous at 3-1 then thought, hang on how many games end 3-4 ffs. 

It's touch, you drop off 3-1 down from their perspective looks like surrender even if ultimately the right call for goal difference. I think what you have to do is have a calm head in the team and just try and get possession, see if we drop off thinking game is done and jump on any mistakes. With the game still frantic the high line just seemed foolish. 

Edited by Tiresias

I suppose in a way kk and Eddie stories are similar. both taking the club from edge of catastrophe to the complete opposite within seasons. What John Hall and kk did back then when money was no where near the level of now can’t be underestimated, the memories will live forever, Eddie doing similar with new owners, but taking a far bigger step, to navigate ffp and compete with the elite in terms of spending power on todays terms .. a similar journey in a different phase of football. Eddie is incredible though, fucking love him. 

Edited by dave s