Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Absolute credit to him tonight. From the way we set up and started.

For me though, it's that Livramento sub and a switch to a back 5. Totally nullified them when they were on top. 

Not sure I can remember him changing a back four to a five when we're ahead. Something I'm assuming we've worked on in training.

Great stuff from Howe.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Cracking result, only negative is the lack of faith in his subs on the bench, the top brass needs to help him out here and find a way to support him in the transfer market 

Don't think he needed to. That one substitution killed the game off. There were a couple of tired players (Murphy for example) but they were still playing the system well and we saw in the 97th minute when Murphy got back to help win a goal-kick that he knew exactly what we needed there. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't think he needed to. That one substitution killed the game off. There were a couple of tired players (Murphy for example) but they were still playing the system well and we saw in the 97th minute when Murphy got back to help win a goal-kick that he knew exactly what we needed there. 

I was think more for keeping the best players fresh for the weekend, Howe should have faith in his bench and they should be able to slot into the system.

Anyway I'm going to stop twisting now cos I'm over the moon with that result 

Best away win under him, that. Probably for some time in general given the context of the season, the away form, Villa's home form, what happened at Villa Park last season et al. Brilliant.

On 28/01/2024 at 19:14, Izakaya said:

I'll part my arse cheeks and pucker my cacky winker against Fenwick's window if we beat Villa

Let the gapening commence boys, see you on Northumberland Street. 

He's had Emery's number this season. From giving fuck all away in the pre-season game in the USA where he played a random system so they had nowt to go from on the opening day, through to bringing Barnes and Wilson on to finish them off that day, to that substitution killing the game off today. Fair fucking play. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He's had Emery's number this season. From giving fuck all away in the pre-season game in the USA where he played a random system so they had nowt to go from on the opening day, to that substitution killing the game off today. Fair fucking play. 

Emery got the better of him towards the back end of last season, think it’s a big feather in Eddie’s cap that he’s fixed whatever was wrong.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Emery got the better of him towards the back end of last season, think it’s a big feather in Eddie’s cap that he’s fixed whatever was wrong.

Since he came here he managed to correct just about every wrong that’s happened under his watch.

The only one he hasn’t is Liverpool/Klopp, and tbh he kinda did in the game at the start of the season until the mental last 10 mins.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Great sub bringing Tino on to stick to Bailey, it shut their comeback down.

Wasn’t bad at all for a manager with no plan B eh

Was interesting that we pressed with the two 8s tonight rather than Bruno being the main presser in midfield. Felt more like last season. He got it spot on.

The Livramento sub was the right one but I wish he’d made it before Villa scored, because it felt absolutely inevitable.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Wasn’t bad at all for a manager with no plan B eh

Oh come on, that hardly felt by design did it?! Credit where it’s due but he has had ample opportunity to do that in other games and hasn’t. The no plan B comments have been spot on to-date but hopefully this is a sign that he’s learnt some new tricks. It was a class tactical move!

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Was interesting that we pressed with the two 8s tonight rather than Bruno being the main presser in midfield. Felt more like last season. He got it spot on.

The Livramento sub was the right one but I wish he’d made it before Villa scored, because it felt absolutely inevitable.

Think that's a fair comment. It was the right call in the end but the writing was on the wall from the moment Bailey came on.

Didn't matter, obviously. 

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Since he came here he managed to correct just about every wrong that’s happened under his watch.

The only one he hasn’t is Liverpool/Klopp, and tbh he kinda did in the game at the start of the season until the mental last 10 mins.

Somewhat forgivable as Klopp is one of the best ever.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Think that's a fair comment. It was the right call in the end but the writing was on the wall from the moment Bailey came on.

Didn't matter, obviously. 

Not gonna praise him for subbing on one of our best players after 75 min. 

But other than that is was top notch from Howe today.