Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The replies are half of them being disgusted at being linked with Eddie. How would they feel knowing there’s no chance he’d leave us for them?

Timing of that comment is purely so Eddie Howe can be asked about the link at tomorrows press conference.

Anything to disrupt preparations.

On 02/03/2024 at 23:27, timeEd32 said:

But I think the most fair criticism of him has to do with player rotation and rest. 

Isak starting three games and playing 200 minutes in a week and Willock playing in all three on their immediate return from injury seems an unnecessary risk given the seasons they’ve had. And if Isak is going to start today then it would have been the perfect time to give Gordon a rest. Instead he played 300 minutes this week. Gordon is going to hit 4000 minutes this season; maybe 4,500 including the U21 Euros.

Not happy about this.

It’s been 4 months or so and he still hasn’t been able to sort out our defensive fragility. I like Eddie and he has credits in the bank, but they are slowly running out. 

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

It’s been 4 months or so and he still hasn’t been able to sort out our defensive fragility. I like Eddie and he has credits in the bank, but they are slowly running out. 

Him being defensively niece with Bournemouth was my main worry with him when he first arrived.

Last season things obviously changed, but this season has just reversed all that.

Howe should be here next season and have another crack but I worry about our owners. 12 league defeats is awful and it’ll surely be more than that by the time the season ends. Regardless of the circumstances our owners might think it’s time for a change. 

Not good enough. With the exception of last season he has never been good at defending. We are shipping sloppy goals for fun and he is unable to adress the problem. 

For me he is a dead man walking. 

My concern is that it is a huge gamble for the club to back in Howe ball with a huge spending spree in the summer. As mentioned in another thread, we need to target players with improved technical qualities. It’s a glaring weakness when our pressing game isn’t up to standard. 

We're going out of the cup on Saturday. Then, the Saudis will probably starting to see potential names to replace Howe at the end of the season unfortunately unless a dramatic turn and rise in results and form happen after the international break until the end of the season.

Don't know if hes shown he can do anything but hyper aggressive press game.

Once the players started to drop hes struggled massively. 

Same issues at Ballmouth.

Can't see the board backing him after this shit season. 

Just now, La Parka said:

Don't know if hes shown he can do anything but hyper aggressive press game.

Once the players started to drop hes struggled massively. 

Same issues at Ballmouth.

Can't see the board backing him after this shit season. 

Must try harder.

Our confidence has been fragile for a while and with nothing to play for it seems like we’re just waiting for the season to end, which is shameful.

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I do think he will have the backing of Amanda Stavely until things get really ugly. 

I agree with this. I think the current management team probably have to face existential risk themselves before jettisoning Howe. Presently, I think we are a long way from a decision like that 

Edited by Jagten

Just now, nemtizz said:

Our confidence has been fragile for a while and with nothing to play for it seems like we’re just waiting for the season to end, which is shameful.

We’ve everything to play for too. We can still get European football which is massive for the club.

Where is the idea that the Saudis will

be wanting a change and be ruthless come from? If anything they have been the complete opposite in every aspect since coming here.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Where is the idea that the Saudis will

be wanting a change and be ruthless come from? If anything they have been the complete opposite in every aspect since coming here.

khashoggi

Sick to death of these away surrenders, we've made a bang average side look like contenders tonight. Once again we've managed to score a couple but come away without a win because we just can't defend for shit. He claimed himself we'd look better for the slimmer schedule and more time on the training pitch and it's absolutely not been the case whatsoever. We're at best a chaotic side, at our worst an absolute shambles.

Running Longstaff into the ground 95 mins per week despite us now having other options is a joke, he's bang out of form and looks shattered, even when bringing White on as an admission we've lost the game he still won't hook him. I don't get it.

He definitely has enough credit in the bank to write this league campaign off as an unlucky one due to injury regardless of where we actually finish, but he doesn't seem to be learning and that for me is the biggest concern. Burn and Longstaff, never making any proactive subs til we're behind in the game, the best defence in the land turning into one of the worst, the complete disappearing act that our "dark arts, tough to play" has done to the point where we're a soft touch again. 

Really really hope a good transfer window, injury problems not being as bad and a fresh perspective after the summer break gets us firing again, because right now we just look shot to bits. Not sure how much say he'll have this summer and how much he had last summer but the reluctance to play £60m of young full-back acquisitions even at the injury crisis peak has been weird and if we'd invested the Hall funds elsewhere it would have gone a long way this season.

Assuming we get the usual luckless, listless surrender away at City next weekend I can't wait for this season to end. It's been a constant kick in the balls since about October onwards.

Edited by Pilko