Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Glad that's all over. I think he will be as well. Hopefully a nice rest for him and his team while the club kick intoofe and start probably one of the biggest windows we'll have in the new era. Got to get it right. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

GN8-VF-XYAEuWFc.thumb.jpg.213813cc50fc9d879ab8449da1bbb635.jpg

100 goals scored this season, ridiculous.

Lots of it without Trippier, who on August 1 2023 would have been our main chance creator.

Miggy didn't do much this season, Barnes got a freak extended injury, Willock missed pretty much every game, Tonali was suspended and couldn't play, and Wilson only played about 1000 minutes in the league.

So 100 goals without what we would have thought would have been the recipe for 100 goals. I don't quite know how (superb seasons from Gordon and Isak excepted) but that's some achievement.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Lots of it without Trippier, who on August 1 2023 would have been our main chance creator.

Miggy didn't do much this season, Barnes got a freak extended injury, Willock missed pretty much every game, Tonali was suspended and couldn't play, and Wilson only played about 1000 minutes in the league.

So 100 goals without what we would have thought would have been the recipe for 100 goals. I don't quite know how (superb seasons from Gordon and Isak excepted) but that's some achievement.

And I'm sure the Tonali siging was to progress to a more possession based game while still being damned devastating on the break.

Posted (edited)

85 GF / 62 GA this season vs 68 GF / 33 GA last season is absolutely wild, like.

Hope we can do something to sort out the injuries next season. Been way too easy to play through this season.

Edited by Smal

Would love to know the stats for how quickly we score goals so quickly after each other

Us scoring the 2nd and 3rd today feels like the umpteenth time since Howe took charge that we've scored multiple goals in really quick succession

Just now, joeyt said:

Would love to know the stats for how quickly we score goals so quickly after each other

Us scoring the 2nd and 3rd today feels like the umpteenth time since Howe took charge that we've scored multiple goals in really quick succession

The ruthlessness is such a vital trait, hopefully it’s only enhanced next season with a few additions.

Sounds like he just needs to sack off JT, since they generally split defensive and offensive coaching [emoji38]

Not sure how we're going to do it but if we give him the right tools, we'll win something next season and play some bloody good football along the way.

Respect to Eddie, he’s had a shit hand this season and we’ve finished strong. A bit of luck (or concentration) in the CL and League Cup and we’d have progressed further.

Hopefully see some of the cloggers phased out and a few top quality players come in. He’ll win us a trophy if so. 

i think he’s the best coach we’ve had. he’s brought out the best in so many players. look at joelinton, murphy, schar, and look how he’s got gordon this season from when he arrived, or hall now compared to early season. 

being our best ever coach, might also take him to best ever manager if he wins that silverware 

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Definitely a mentality when we smell blood. Seems to really go at them

Considering the hand we were dealt with the injuries, cup draws etc. 7th is good achievement.

It's unfortunate that qualifying for Europe isn't in our hands but we've seen enough this season that if we can just have a normal season injury-wise and keep our key players we could have a really excellent 24/25.

7th place given the riduculous injury crisis and the number/quality of additional games is a massive achievement, all things considered.

Yes, there have been mistakes, but the amount of disgusting vitriol put his way by 'fans' who seem incapable of any sort of nunced thought is the most disappointing thing of this season.

Best manager we've had in years this fella, be careful what you wish for!

Posted (edited)

I think the bloke did a fantastic job. So "Howe Out" has been tabled until next season? I hope so.

Edited by McDog

Frustrated me a few times this year, but with this last away win i got to say he did a very good job overall. I have probably been a little bit to negative at times.  

He wasnt given a simple task with Willock, Tonali and Joelinton out for most of the season. Especially with Longstaff having a massive drop off in form compared to last year aswell. 

9 minutes ago, McDog said:

I think the bloke did a fantastic job. So "Howe Out" has been tabled until next season? I hope so.

Was never a thing. 99.9% of the fans adore him. Bloody rare that.

Whens he going to start whinging on about how every decision that goes against us but is blind to the ones we get that we shouldn't?