Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

What's with all the worries ? :lol:

It's really just not the time in Howe's career to take the England job. We know the main thing right now with Howe is he needs time with the players to get them doing what he wants and he won't get that with England.

Just now, Aiston said:

It's really just not the time in Howe's career to take the England job. We know the main thing right now with Howe is he needs time with the players to get them doing what he wants and he won't get that with England.

I mean yes I think in his ideal world he wins the league and champions league with newcastle goes on a while then gets the England job, but as Howe and all football managers will be acutely aware that there is absolutely no guarantee he will be offered the job again. What if this next season with us is a disaster he gets sacked half way through and Potter is great and is in the job for 10 years by which time football has moved on from Howe and he isn't in contention next time?

He’s got to be tempted and must know with the players he has available right now, hes  just a tactical switch away from being a World Cup winner..

Obviously just depends on what his long term ambitions are…

8 minutes ago, Aiston said:

I’m not worried personally. If he leaves, he leaves and we replace him hopefully with another good manager. I’d like that decision to be made in the next few days though and not drag on. If Howe isn’t interested, he should rule himself out and we move on. If he is, replace him anyway. 

Winning an international tournament isn’t some simple thing. They come around once every two years, there are a lot of good teams. The idea that someone is ready to go in and is odds to win with England is a bit of a stretch 

9 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Don't think Howe would take the job but, at the same time, I'm quite confident we'd find an upgrade.

Chilled either way.

Easier said than done finding an upgrade.

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Winning an international tournament isn’t some simple thing. They come around once every two years, there are a lot of good teams. The idea that someone is ready to go in and is odds to win with England is a bit of a stretch 

Aye, I think it's a deceivingly hard job for whoever follows Southgate. Could easily see someone come in and have the side looking much more balanced and playing better football and getting knocked out in the quarters or something with a more difficult draw. 

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Carragher says Howe is the only choice for England, I wonder if he would say that if he was the Liverpool manager ? 

Bloke's a fucking idiot, when he was on last night about Southgate is the only man for the job I thought he was worried about Klopp being interested and the "scouse not English" stuff like someone mentioned above or on the England thread.

29 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Don't think Howe would take the job but, at the same time, I'm quite confident we'd find an upgrade.

Chilled either way.

Who do you think we are getting as an upgrade out of interest?

Difficult this. It's a job he's said he wants and there might not be a better time for him if he does get offered it. 

I think there's a chance of him leaving. 20%? 

I mean, what if he has another 8th place finish next season? The England role would be filled and his star would have dropped. 

I can see why he would take it if offered. I believe that he loves this club and wants to win things here, but I also think he's clever and pragmatic.

For the record I'd hate for him to leave.

I'd be gutted if Howe went to manage bloody England, a team I only care about briefly once every two years. Sorry if you feel differently.

Don't think he will, mind and nor would any top club manager.  Even if this England team had won it, I reckon most football fans would have moved on after a day on the lash and be looking to their own club's transfer business more by now.

Just appoint that parsley bloke and we can forget all about it for a couple more years, bar getting annoyed with the odd international break when there's no proper football, so watching us have to stutter past San Marino in a meaningless friendly just out of boredom.

That was all unnecessarily negative :lol:

Edit - he might have won us an extra bank holiday though, so in retrospect Howe in.

Edited by Abacus

1 minute ago, madras said:

Not too sure about that like.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather Howe stayed as he has been great for us, and because of the upheaval it would cause. But let’s be honest and removing any bias, any top job becomes available and Poch is higher on an owners list than Howe. 

55 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Say no to England once and you are unlikely to be asked again, that's the FA for you.

Somehow i have convinced myself that in the sad case that  Eddie would take the England job, we would go for Thomas Frank. And if you dont count the gum chewing, i would be fine with him.