Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Three of our next four games are winnable, but potentially tricky away games (Forest in the cup, Wolves, and Fulham). We'll have Tonali for all of them, Schar for the latter two, and hopefully a new signing. I think that will tell us a lot about where this season is heading because it's going to be difficult to qualify for the Champions League without better performances away from home.

In 2022/23 we were third in away form. Last season we were 11th (-12 points from the year before), while our home form was basically identical. We had some pretty fortunate away draws in 2022/23, but even if you take those away we still could have squeezed 4th and we were still 2-3 wins better off than last season.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Three of our next four games are winnable, but potentially tricky away games (Forest in the cup, Wolves, and Fulham). We'll have Tonali for all of them, Schar for the latter two, and hopefully a new signing. I think that will tell us a lot about where this season is heading because it's going to be difficult to qualify for the Champions League without better performances away from home.

In 2022/23 we were third in away form. Last season we were 11th (-12 points from the year before), while our home form was basically identical. We had some pretty fortunate away draws in 2022/23, but even if you take those away we still could have squeezed 4th and we were still 2-3 wins better off than last season.

Fully agree.

We had some frustrating results pre-October in 2022-23 for some draws to clutch at. Home and away (Palace, Wolves, Bournemouth, Liverpool) but from an admittedly tiny sample size I've not seen anything remotely similar so far this season to the level of performances that we saw from 2022-23 against Forest, Man City or Liverpool. Fingers crossed that changes starting tomorrow and Sunday.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I’m not feeling confident about any away match currently. 

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s such an amazing  level of showing contempt from every muscle in his body. The Buddha could learn a few things from him.

I need to learn that level of calmness and composure. I am terrible at hiding my disdain for foolish directions and decisions others make in work meetings :lol:

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe's response is perfect like :lol:

She asked a stupid question like that in the Bournemouth presser as well. Allegedly asked if the club was spying on Tonali to ensure he doesn't gamble. She has a very strange obsession with Tonali and should be banned from all pressers going forward.

Edited by Skeletor

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

She asked a stupid question like that in the Bournemouth presser as well. Allegedly asked if the club was spying on Tonali to ensure he doesn't gamble. She has a very strange obsession with Tonali and should be banned from all pressers going forward.

Weird weird lady, full mackem behaviour coming out in spades.