Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Howe's achievement at Bournemouth deserves huge credit tbh. But his team's have never been great defensively which is a big worry, so I'm not convinced he's the man to keep us up. However, I will still support him and get behind the team if he gets the gig.

Edited by Klaus

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Could work for the club

:lol: FWIW Emery would have probably been announced today if it wasn't leaked. They obviously had a pretty good indication he wanted it for it to leak.

As excited as I was, couldn't help but question the timing of the leak. This is after weeks of praising them for nothing leaking.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Whilst Howe was at Burnely, Bournemouth massively invested in their infrastructure and stadium/training facilities, as well as their playing squad. They were by far the biggest club in the league at that point. I realise it means very little being a "big" club in that league (snigger) but let's not pretend he took over someone like Newport County and lead them to the premiership.

I don't hate him though, just don't think he'd work out here looking at the shower of shit squad we have. I have no doubt he'd still play Ritchie at the back.

Just had to remind myself that they were competing with Sheff United too. I've got this weird memory of Bournemouth both scoring and conceding a shed load of goals the season they were promoted.

The nexus and root of the snub has nothing to with a leak in the press. Let's be very clear about that, these are grown men in football.  The issue has been and always been the 15 years of neglect from MA. 

Emery took the interview(s) and it sounded like he was leaning this way. He clearly changed his mind over the last 24 hours - be it a nice win in the CL, a convo with his owners and recommitted to his club.  

This job is potentially life changing, but at the current moment we are 19th, have absolutely 0 infrastructure, a weak squad and shite facilities. To poach someone in a job was a tall task. I blame the state of this club firmly on MA and the consortium have had to try and sell a vision with a ton of promises to land any manager (in a job or out of a job). 

To talk about "oh they spent 18 months trying to buy club, why haven't they lined everyone up for jobs in the club?" Really? Where do you work? It ain't that fucking simple to set any of this up and targets who maybe have been lined up in all areas could have found new jobs. Perhaps the story that came out that literally nobody knew it was on until the day or two it was on carries some weight? The consortium are not blameless, this is a disappointing and embarrassing update to what was genuine joy yesterday but I really would like to know what kind of work people do here to have such high expectations that things can move so bloody quickly, to constantly name Staveley every time just because it's the only name to point to - really odd and doesn't sit well with me. Blame the whole consortium, blame the "ownership" but this picking at 1 person every time feeds into this shit obsession Luke Edwards has. 

In any case --  I'm bummed as fuck right now because I was all "good ebening" last night and I just want this constant news cycle to end. Hopefully we hire the right person keep us safe in PL and we can build. 

I'll back anybody who gets appointed and I hope the rest of you all do it too. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

See him even using injuries as an excuse is an immediate red flag. He spent a lot on that squad and when it went bad he had no idea what to do and they completely fell apart and that is on the manager.

I mean, if its an unprecedented amount compared to previous seasons you can use it as an excuse like. :lol: Liverpool were poor by their standards last season due to injuries as they couldn't get a fit centre half on the pitch for the most of the season.

It's also worth pointing out that Bournemouth would have stayed up that season if goal line technology hadn't failed at Villa Park v Sheffield United. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

The nexus and root of the snub has nothing to with a leak in the press. Let's be very clear about that, these are grown men in football. 

Emery took the interview(s) and it sounded like he was leaning this way. He clearly changed his mind over the last 24 hours - be it a nice win in the CL, a convo with his owners and recommitted to his club.  

This job is potentially life changing, but at the current moment we are 19th, have absolutely 0 infrastructure, a weak squad and shite facilities. To poach someone in a job was a tall task. I blame the state of this club firmly on MA and the consortium have had to try and sell a vision with a ton of promises to land any manager (in a job or out of a job). 

To talk about "oh they spent 18 months trying to buy club, why haven't they lined everyone up for jobs in the club?" Really? Where do you work? It ain't that fucking simple to set any of this up and targets who maybe have been lined up in all areas could have found new jobs. Perhaps the story that came out that literally nobody knew it was on until the day or two it was on carries some weight? The consortium are not blameless, this is a disappointing and embarrassing update to what was genuine joy yesterday but I really would like to know what kind of work people do here to have such high expectations that things can move so bloody quickly, to constantly name Staveley every time just because it's the only name to point to - really odd and doesn't sit well with me. Blame the whole consortium, blame the "ownership" but this picking at 1 person every time feeds into this shit obsession Luke Edwards has. 

In any case --  I'm bummed as fuck right now because I was all "good ebening" last night and I just want this constant news cycle to end. Hopefully we hire the right person keep us safe in PL and we can build. 

I'll back anybody who gets appointed and I hope the rest of you all do it too. 

:clap:

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I mean, if its an unprecedented amount compared to previous seasons you can use it as an excuse like. :lol: Liverpool were poor by their standards last season due to injuries as they couldn't get a fit centre half on the pitch for the most of the season.

It's also worth pointing out that Bournemouth would have stayed up that season if goal line technology hadn't failed at Villa Park v Sheffield United. 

We will have to agree to disagree here, I hope I’m wrong and he keeps us up but I think he would be a disastrous appointment and we would be comfortably relegated.

Just now, Shearergol said:

So given what we know now, about Jones' tactics and the difficulty we're having getting the right man in place, should we have kept Bruce on a bit longer?

Would've been no different tbh, if Bruce was still here or not. We just need a manager in as soon as humanely fucking possible.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

So given what we know now, about Jones' tactics and the difficulty we're having getting the right man in place, should we have kept Bruce on a bit longer?

No. He should have been sacked sooner.  

From Reddit Bournemouth fan:

Howe is also not rubbish at transfers. £4,000 for harry arter, £100,000 for marc pugh, £150,000 for steve cook, £200,000 for charlie daniels, £400,000 for ryan fraser, £800,000 for aaron ramsdale, £3,000,000 for callum wilson, £8,000,000 for tyrone mings, joshua king and dan gosling for free. Ten regulars for a solid, midtable premier league team for less than £15m altogether is actual wizardry. It shouldn't be possible. Throw in Ake and Brooks as well and it's nowhere near as bad as what is portrayed. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Wigan were an established Premier League club when Martinez took over.

Is that true though ? Genuine question, I just remember them being down the bottom of the table and him just about scraping survival on a seemingly much smaller budget than Howe. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is that true though ? Genuine question, I just remember them being down the bottom of the table and him just about scraping survival on a seemingly much smaller budget than Howe. 

Wigan had been in the Premier League for 4 years when he took over. Finished 10th, 17th, 14th and 11th. No idea about spend.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

From Reddit Bournemouth fan:

Howe is also not rubbish at transfers. £4,000 for harry arter, £100,000 for marc pugh, £150,000 for steve cook, £200,000 for charlie daniels, £400,000 for ryan fraser, £800,000 for aaron ramsdale, £3,000,000 for callum wilson, £8,000,000 for tyrone mings, joshua king and dan gosling for free. Ten regulars for a solid, midtable premier league team for less than £15m altogether is actual wizardry. It shouldn't be possible. Throw in Ake and Brooks as well and it's nowhere near as bad as what is portrayed. 

In 2010. From Hereford. Strange example.

Now list his premier league signings.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Finishes of 10th, 17th, 14th and 12th, before Martinez took over from Bruce.

It’s an absolute embarrassment how all of this has come about, there should be some soul searching going on whether certain people just in the door need to concentrate on bringing a CEO into the club to be doing all this sort of work.

I like fixing odd bits on my car from time to time but if anything big needs to be done I bring it to a mechanic, it’s not rocket science..