Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I must be the only one who is completely calm about this. [emoji38]

Nah, I’m quite calm and relaxed too!

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Me too. Genuinely not bothered about it not being Emery. He would have been a good appointment, but I also think Howe, Fonseca and even Martinez would be big steps up to what we’ve had. We were always going to struggle to attract a manager with big credentials in a relegation fight.

Just now, TopSnagger said:

Bloody hell, didn't realise people were that anti-Pardew :)

He must have been tragically  bad then

This is the place where the sackpardew campaign started, you were on a hiding to nothing asking that on here :lol:

But yes, he was tragically bad and a massive, massive cunt as well. 

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

In a weird way I'm kind of enjoying it all :lol:

Just really confident the good times are soon coming.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Nah, I’m quite calm and relaxed too!

Ditto, if a month ago you'd have said that the takeover would be approved, but we'd be in the Championship at the start of next season, i'd have bitten your hand off.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would people have said Rodgers career before Liverpool was much different to Howe & Martinez by the way? Good chance if Liverpool hadn’t taken a punt that if he’d stayed at Swansea, the law of averages suggest at some point a club like that would have dropped on their income. Martinez & Howe are nowhere near the level of Emery, etc but I’d back them.

Didn't rodgers get sacked by reading before living off the work martinez did at Swansea..  he never looked like the boss he does now.

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I'm feeling pretty calm about it. This won't have been our first knock back, but it's a bit embarrassing because it's public.

As Balague said we're at the start of a journey. Errors will be made and it might take time to get everything in place, but I have no doubt the owners are trying to do what's best for the club.  The priority now is to make sure we have a manager in good time before Brentford.

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I wish they were moving faster but other than that it’s no big deal. Clubs in better shape than us get turned down, and it’s not like Lampard is still being talked about, that gave me the willies.

2 minutes ago, TopSnagger said:

Bloody hell, didn't realise people were that anti-Pardew :)

He must have been tragically  bad then

If you didn't realise than may I suggest you've not been paying attention 

1 minute ago, Caleb70 said:

Are you seriously a Newcastle supporter? 

22 hours ago, TopSnagger said:

Arsenal fan (Not the RTG in peace type) who's lived up north near Gateshead so love Newcastle too. Very capable manager chased away by fans who didn't appreciate how poor the squad was and by players with a shocking attitude who have since been shipped out. So happy to see him land on his feet at a big club with a huge transfer bounty hopefully. His English is far better than the media would have you believe, Good ebening's aside, he was easily able to communicate what he wanted to say without the use of a translator.

I will say though, seeing how some of you dislike defensive football that he's not the most aggressive manager. We had some shocking games with 20-30 shots against, but that was also possibly because of players possibly not playing for him. But he has a 'pragmatic' attitude which Tets also has.

Still, he easily outmanaged Tets in the Europa League game. Easily a top manager imo, and probably the best you can get with Dummett and Shelvey still in the squad. I think I can easily say that he'll have you top 6 in a couple of years if backed with money and if you survive relegation (Big ifs coz you guys look dreadful currently) 

13 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'll take Howe in light of the situation.

But I mean, is the man himself enough to galvanise the fanbase? I hope if he does come in he can do something but he's up against it more than say an emery or Fonseca (rightfully or wrongfully).

That’s a key point being missed I think, the new man has to lift up the whole stadium which has been like a morgue for years.

Without the knowledge that we fucked it  up with Emery I think Howe would be a solid appointment short term, even if him having money to spend does worry me. 

Long term I would hope we would go with someone more adventurous than the former, though. 

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Good watch on Howe, even if you're not a fan.

Funny seeing Solanke in that thumbnail. Seemed a bad purchase at the time, but he's really starting to come along now. Was just a bit too early for him at that  stage.

I'd find it easy to back Howe to be honest. Seems a decent and genuine guy that is a legit student of the game. Could easily see him come in and do really well, especially if we sort all other areas of the club so that he is supported by a top notch DOF setup.

Just now, KaKa said:

Funny seeing Solanke in that thumbnail. Seemed a bad purchase at the time, but he's really starting to come along now. Was just a bit too early for him at that  stage.

I'd find it easy to back Howe to be honest. Seems a decent and genuine guy that is a legit student of the game. Could easily see him come in and do really well, especially if we sort all other areas of the club so that he is supported by a top notch DOF setup.

I’m reference to Solanke he is only coming good now because he’s in the championship.

The problem is we've got a bit of a Nuno situation now. I'd have been fine with Howe, I think many would. But now he's clearly coming in because we were knocked back in a bit of an embarrassing way. The players and fans know that. If he does well it'll be forgotten, but feel like it makes it easier for things to turn if there's an early bad patch.