Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I guess you have to start somewhere, City had Mark Hughes, before appointing Mancini. 

If it ends up being a gap filler, like Howe, we stay up, then target better managers next season. 

I'm starting to think they look like mugs, bringing in no footballing hierarchy immediately, but, keeping on Charnley like he's got any football know how,the guy came to us with zero football background. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Wow, this is wild.

Can't wait to see what happens next :lol:

If Howe comes in I'll get behind him. His next job was always going to be the one to see what he was really made of, so if he does join here's hoping he ends up as more of a Rodgers or Potter.

Be good if we also get a quality DOF that can support him, as I think he would benefit massively from that kind of setup. 

Some growing pains at the minute but genuinely still excited to be moving on from the previous era, which has left us in such a terrible state that so much needs sorting.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I guess you have to start somewhere, City had Mark Hughes, before appointing Mancini. 

If it ends up being a gap filler, like Howe, we stay up, then target better managers next season. 

Hughes was already there was before the takeover 

19 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In 2010. From Hereford. Strange example.

Now list his premier league signings.

I don't think people appreciate how much harder it is to make good signings as a small lower end premier League club. Would be totally different to attracting players to us. Norwich spent over £60m this summer and don't look any better for it. 

He made some bad signings for sure but is wouldn't necessarily be put off by them. I mean Emery paid £80m for Pepe. 

So if Emery had been appointed - he would have been given all the time by the fans as he is a big name and we will have made a step up.    Howe, if is appointed basically will have 3 games (the easier ones) and if he doesn't win them, then the fans will turn really quickly as no one really believes in him.

Edited by Awaymag

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Is this something they’ve said since Emery’s statement?

Nah, just that he was second choice before that.

They've also written Emery chose not to leave Villareal, as he has a good relationship with the owners and the players, which seems fair enough. Similar to Rodgers at Leicester.

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

So if Emery had been appointed - he would have been given all the time by the fans as he is a big name and we will have made a step up.    Howe, if comes basically will have 3 games (the easier ones) and if he doesn't win them, then the fans will turn really quickly as no one really believes in him.

I think we are a patient fan base. Bruce got given time by the fans, as did McClaren.

Whoever comes in, be that Howe or Martinez will be given time by the fans and rightly so. They should and will get the rest of the season imo.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Nah, just that he was second choice before that.

They've also written Emery chose not to leave Villareal, as he has a good relationship with the owners and the players, which seems fair enough. Similar to Rodgers at Leicester.

This makes me believe this was only an enquiry by nufc that somehow got media traction and blown out of proportion. 

Maybe they turned emerys head at first but then he has decided he is loyal to villareal. 

Mountain out of a mole hill