Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, TopSnagger said:

Guess he decided to play it safe instead of taking a risk at Newcastle with hugely changing demands from the owners from safety to top 6 in a few years probably. Just shows he's not the right man for the job in a way.

While I agree, you can understand it. I wouldn't leave a safe job, where my staff and employees valued me, for a job where I don't know who my boss is going to be in a few months.

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

This makes me believe this was only an enquiry by nufc that somehow got media traction and blown out of proportion. 

Maybe they turned emerys head at first but then he has decided he is loyal to villareal. 

Mountain out of a mole hill

He had an initial interview and expressed interest in the job, but they never got to the stage of discussing contracts, according to the man himself.

I'll take Howe in light of the situation.

But I mean, is the man himself enough to galvanise the fanbase? I hope if he does come in he can do something but he's up against it more than say an emery or Fonseca (rightfully or wrongfully).

Just now, The Prophet said:

While I agree, you can understand it. I wouldn't leave a safe job, where my staff and employees valued me, for a job where I don't know who my boss is going to be in a few months.

From villareal performance this season I don't think he was safe and this maybe has worked in his favour to get the villareal board to back him. 12 points from 11 games when they are in ucl does probably meet their expectations I imagine and maybe they had started to doubt him. 

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

This makes me believe this was only an enquiry by nufc that somehow got media traction and blown out of proportion. 

Maybe they turned emerys head at first but then he has decided he is loyal to villareal. 

Mountain out of a mole hill

Yeah, it increasingly seems like he was just interviewed and then got impatient having not heard back.

Would be interesting to know where that leak about him coming in before the Brighton game came from. Seems so weird, as everything else has been so quiet.

Are we certain we were all set to appoint him?

For me now, we need to go all out for someone like Fonseca, stop being honest about our ambitions,  just lie, get them on board, and deal with unrest later, football is brutal, being open an honest does you no favours sometimes. 

Promise the world, and that way if you know said person isn't your long term man, fuck him off further down the line.

Play the game, these managers will, they get mental payouts for being dismissed. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

For me now, we need to go all out for someone like Fonseca, stop being honest about our ambitions,  just lie, get them on board, and deal with unrest later, football is brutal, being open an honest does you no favours sometimes. 

Promise the world, and that way if you know said person isn't your long term man, fuck him off further down the line.

Play the game, these managers will, they get mental payouts for being dismissed. 

OK Mike Ashley lol

Just now, NE27 said:

I'll take Howe in light of the situation.

But I mean, is the man himself enough to galvanise the fanbase? I hope if he does come in he can do something but he's up against it more than say an emery or Fonseca (rightfully or wrongfully).

To be fair I think howe is more likely to inspire the masses than Emery communication/charisma wise. Certainly the type of supporter that doesn't frequent message boards. Emery never seemed a good fit personality wise.

Would people have said Rodgers career before Liverpool was much different to Howe & Martinez by the way? Good chance if Liverpool hadn’t taken a punt that if he’d stayed at Swansea, the law of averages suggest at some point a club like that would have dropped on their income. Martinez & Howe are nowhere near the level of Emery, etc but I’d back them.

We just need to get this season over and done with PL safety.

Howe is not stupid and will know the clubs future ambitions...he'll be given one job and that's nothing less than 17th.

Next preseason will be totally different to right now..everything will be in place and the club will look far more appealing.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

We really don't need to do all that. Fonseca seems like he really wants it as things stand :lol:

There are managers that want this job. Think we're just being a bit too cautious with prioritising prem experience, but it's understandable I guess thanks to Bruce having us in the bottom three.

I think they should take a bit of a risk and get the Fonz in. He just seemed to get it. The guy apparently even had plans of who to sign ensure survival for goodness sake.