Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Thanks Eddie, you and your staff and everyone involved have turned it around from absolutely miserable and depressing times to support nothing into something absolutely amazing in such a short period of time. It’s “just” football but it sure as hell has made my life much happier. Feels absolutely unreal to not having to think “why why did I ever start loving a club this much”. Before I would have paid good money to get rid of every connection to the club. Now I’m absolutely loving everything and am a much more positive guy in everyday life too. Don’t wanna sound profound or anything but damnit how times have changed for the better.

This is just the start to lads. There will be ups and downs but I will keep reminding myself to not forget where we have been. Get in lads!! 

Eddie seems to have the team playing with the same momentum when he took Bournemouth on their journey (check out Minus 17 on YouTube if you’ve not seen it 😎)from financial ruin to the top flight.

he knows his capabilities, knows what to work on, can turn water into wine.

we are so good, he will want to continue with the momentum. The World Cup is in

our favour, no Europe too!, January window 😬

He, the team, the staff, the city, have got this.

take note, the storm is brewing, we’re coming for you too 4 đŸ„ŠÂ 

“ Intensity is our Identity” 

all aboard the joy ride!  :indi:

“But asked if they were yet at full speed following their latest victory, Howe said: "I think there's loads of improvement - I have to say that. If I'm sat here going, 'That's us', the only way from there is down.

"The only way for me to look at any team in any moment is the only way is up. We have more to drive from the players, we've got lots of improvement left in individuals and the team collectively” 

“the only way is up”. :smitten:

51 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Caulkin on SSN just then giving huge credit to Howe for the improvement in existing players and dispelling the myth that we've spent our way to this position. Brilliant to see.

I've lost a lot of love for Caulkin over the years but he's doing a brilliant job of making that point atm. 

The stats tell their own story about Newcastle's shift into a more attacking outfit. No other side in the Premier League have scored more goals from outside the box than Newcastle; no team have hit the woodwork more often; only Liverpool have put in more crosses; only Brighton have played more through balls; and only Liverpool and Man City have had more shots.

Yet, perhaps, what has been most impressive is that ambition has not come at a cost defensively when Newcastle had previously struggled to strike that delicate balance. In fact, Newcastle have the meanest defence in the division, after conceding just 10 goals, and Howe's side have also kept the most clean sheets.

The scary thing is you feel Newcastle are not at full tilt yet. Jonjo Shelvey, Allan Saint-Maximin and Alexander Isak all have to come back into the starting line-up, but they might face a challenge to get their places back at this rate. That is how good Newcastle have been.

:tobey:

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I've lost a lot of love for Caulkin over the years but he's doing a brilliant job of making that point atm. 

Caulkin is alright man. He got himself way to involved in the takeover hype and it cost himself some street cred, but ultimately you can trust him to analyse what's going on at the club to a high standard.

A quote from a Martin Hardy article in the Times, when asked about qualifying for the Champions League next season;

"An outrageous question. We are happy where we are. We are just trying to win every game. Our job is to keep the players very level to win the next game. It is not my job to keep a lid on expectations. I want the supporters to enjoy everything they have seen. Let them enjoy it."

Perfect. He's the real deal.

I really do feel that I can kick back, relax and enjoy the rollercoaster ride now.

27 minutes ago, STM said:

Caulkin is alright man. He got himself way to involved in the takeover hype and it cost himself some street cred, but ultimately you can trust him to analyse what's going on at the club to a high standard.

Thought it had more to do with him backing Bruce?

Yeah, I didn't care about him getting a few things wrong about the takeover - everybody did.

Not criticising one of the worst managers we've ever had? Nope.

A serious blemish against a usually otherwise excellent sports writer.

The thing about Caulkin is that he goes for ‘grumpy old curmudgeon’ on podcasts and lacks the wit to quite pull it off, so just makes him sound a bit like hard work. His writing is fine though, if a bit over lyrical at times. 

28 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Yeah, I didn't care about him getting a few things wrong about the takeover - everybody did.

Not criticising one of the worst managers we've ever had? Nope.

A serious blemish against a usually otherwise excellent sports writer.

Yeah that's it. No beef at all re the takeover stuff. It's just that I don't think the fanzine game really gets the best out of him. 

7 hours ago, Weezertron said:

Edwards was pro Bruce to the highest degree.

George wouldn’t ever say anything negative about Bruce. We put George on a pedestal but he turned out to be in the boys club protecting him. 

I'm not sure that you are right about that.  I can't remember Caulkin defending Bruce, quite the opposite.

I don’t think he ever defended Bruce but IIRC whenever the subject came up he would turn it to how hard a job it was etc. I listened to Pod on the Tyne and they were always fairly neutral about him.

He is clearly Bruce’s mate and therefore probably was in a difficult position. 

Yes I don’t recall that at all. I think he had a hard time after the take over stuff and withdrew a bit. Think he feels compromised on the human rights stuff too. Not so prominent on the social media as a consequence 

Caulkin absolutely pulled his punches when it came to Bruce. Anyone saying anything other than "the bloke is a complete fucking arsehole and terrible at his job" was ultimately doing the same. The Athletic lot were hardly critical of him at all, it was only ever just collectively shit, no finger-pointing. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

In a way the only way to stay a good journalist is to stay an outsider, but then the flipside is that you'll probably never get anywhere 

In general the biggest problem with journalism in this country is that access takes priority over truth in every way. Can't get access without disproportionately representing the interests of the people giving you the access.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Caulkin absolutely pulled his punches when it came to Bruce. Anyone saying anything other than "the bloke is a complete fucking arsehole and terrible at his job" was ultimately doing the same. The Athletic lot were hardly critical of him at all, it was only ever just collectively shit, no finger-pointing. 

I may be wrong but didn't Caulkin always question Bruce's team selection?  Such as "why is Murphy/Ritchie playing as full backs"?  He often questioned that Bruce hadn't a clue where Almirons position was  on the pitch amongst others.