Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

19 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

It's not like the way we play us anything new. Terms like "high press" might be quite vogue but the top teams have always had more energy and intensity. 

The better players they have the less energy they need because they read the game quicker. They've also had better squads so can soak up the fatigue injuries. 

Lesser clubs can't and, more to the point, it can't be done overnight. Took Howe 2 months 😂

I remember it being mad seeing Alex Ferguson's ManU hit us on the attack at SJP and it was just unlike anything else in terms of speed and intensity.

We just look so well coached. The team buy into process. I imagine we train hard but the players have freedom and time to relax. The whole set up looks really good atm. Howe is friendly with players but he is the boss, and they respect that.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Think Howe is prepared to run them into the ground for the last few games before the break. Nice refresh, few players back, one or two signed.... Europe here we come.

Have to wonder how many of the Chelsea internationals will be 100% fully committed in the last game before the World Cup break. Will they be phoning it in and making sure they're tip top for Qatar? I reckon there's a decent chance of a good result in that game personally :)

21 minutes ago, midds said:

Have to wonder how many of the Chelsea internationals will be 100% fully committed in the last game before the World Cup break. Will they be phoning it in and making sure they're tip top for Qatar? I reckon there's a decent chance of a good result in that game personally :)

Besides, they aren't the frightning Chelsea of old, although they have improved under Potter. There are numerous deficiencies in their side.

Would happily take a draw though.:lol:

Just read an Athletic article with Isaac Hayden, and he talked about Howe. 

Said Howe calls him every few weeks to check in etc, and said Howe is the best coach he has had in terms of man-management. 

I think for a player who was of the first to leave to make those comments about Eddie just shows what a top top man we have in charge. 

Another solid presser. Found the comments about the training ground interesting. Currently the players are getting ready in three separate rooms as the renovations continue, those renovations are set to be finished this weekend so one big happy changing room from next week!

57 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Which absolute whooper of a journalist even asked such a stupid question?

Maybe he was trying to show just how much of a prat gorilla mitts is, or as you say he's just a daft whopper himself.

Another amazing press conference, he looks very rested and confident this week.

Great answers to everything, especially encouraging how dedicated ASM has been to recovery. 

Talking about January and our 'second pre-season' is just absolutely jizz-worthy. No doubt at all we'll use the break to further improve and refocus.