Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11390627/Eddie-Howe-claims-believed-Newcastle-squad-fires-dig-Steve-Bruce.html

When asked if he believed those players were always better than people gave them credit for, Howe said: ‘Yes, I did. I had that belief internally that we'd got some really good players. I think my first impressions were genuine, a really willing group that wanted to be coached, that wanted help, so I felt that was a really good starting point.

‘I love coaching players and trying to improve them. From day one here, I sensed a really open group who wanted that work. I don’t feel we have bought the success we’re currently having. It has come from hard work and brilliant performances from the players. We’re just doing the best we can, day to day. It was a massive club in need of an injection of positivity and some good results.’

‘Down the years, I’ve learned never to underestimate players’ abilities given the right surroundings, conditions and confidence,’ he said. ‘I’ve seen it many times, players I’ve worked with at League Two level that have then been playing in the Championship a couple of years later when you wouldn’t have initially thought that possible.

16 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11390627/Eddie-Howe-claims-believed-Newcastle-squad-fires-dig-Steve-Bruce.html

When asked if he believed those players were always better than people gave them credit for, Howe said: ‘Yes, I did. I had that belief internally that we'd got some really good players. I think my first impressions were genuine, a really willing group that wanted to be coached, that wanted help, so I felt that was a really good starting point.

‘I love coaching players and trying to improve them. From day one here, I sensed a really open group who wanted that work. I don’t feel we have bought the success we’re currently having. It has come from hard work and brilliant performances from the players. We’re just doing the best we can, day to day. It was a massive club in need of an injection of positivity and some good results.’

‘Down the years, I’ve learned never to underestimate players’ abilities given the right surroundings, conditions and confidence,’ he said. ‘I’ve seen it many times, players I’ve worked with at League Two level that have then been playing in the Championship a couple of years later when you wouldn’t have initially thought that possible.

They wouldn't have got there without you, Mr Howe :love:

23 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"...........I’ve learned never to underestimate players’ abilities given the right surroundings, conditions and confidence,’ he said. ‘I’ve seen it many times, players I’ve worked with at the bottom of the Premier that will be playing in the Champions League in a years time when you wouldn’t have initially thought that possible.

I read this

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Another scandalous headline from a rag after the presser. They love painting him as some sort of belligerent guy with a chip on his shoulder when in reality it couldn't be further from the truth. 

Yep. Wasn't his intention at all.

Who's the woman who is there most weeks? It's probably just a Mail / Express journalist equivalent like a Bird, Hope, Waugh etc. but she sounds so familiar, as if she's on TV, but I can never think of who it is, and have the same thoughts every time I listen to an Eddie press conference :lol:

Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I guess that's where you'd want to be, somewhere in the middle right? Not sure if it's just me but that metric is a waste of time and tells you very little on it's own.

It tells you Forrest has fucked it up good.

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

Who's the woman who is there most weeks? It's probably just a Mail / Express journalist equivalent like a Bird, Hope, Waugh etc. but she sounds so familiar, as if she's on TV, but I can never think of who it is, and have the same thoughts every time I listen to an Eddie press conference :lol:

Anyone know?

Nisha Joshi I think?

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I guess that's where you'd want to be, somewhere in the middle right? Not sure if it's just me but that metric is a waste of time and tells you very little on it's own.

It’s a completely pointless metric and the numbers will decrease with every point earned. 

I wrote the same thing earlier this week, but yes, the number of pre-takeover players now performing well is a huge black mark against Bruce. However, I think this is a point for internet forums and opinion pieces. It should not be a indirectly leading question to be put to Eddie Howe himself. Let him use his energy on the team.

fwiw, I don't like questions about the Grealish comments either. I can't see any good coming from them. Once again, there is no need to dwell on bad stuff from the past.