Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon
9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Stop being so sensitive. 

Howe has done miracles. He’s been great. We know this. 

But we came to play the exact same game we always try to play. When it didn’t work, we had no idea how to stop the opposition. The 10s kept getting the ball in the half spaces and doing whatever they wanted. The left back kept exploiting space out wide. Bruno was piss poor but he was often running between two 10s. We kept being vulnerable to Watkins runs between central defenders. Botman was playing like he didn’t realise Watkins was right footed.  These are things we can mitigate and prepare for. 

That’s too long an answer man, just tell me to fuck off [emoji38] I just like to be a sarcastic cunt is all, but it doesn’t seem to come across properly when typing it. :thup:

After a sleep I don't think we need to twist for the Spurs game. Bring Longstaff and Miggy back into the team, get the midfield and pressing structure right and keep doing what has worked for us all season. Write this off as a one off. We had too many players who didn't know what they were doing yesterday tactically - primarily Gordon and whoever was playing right central midfield (first Willock, then Joelinton). If you have two out of 6 front players not pressing correctly it will always be a disaster. 

He completely outcoached Conte in the reverse fixture - played the full backs deep and narrow and Spurs couldn't deal with it. He knows how to be flexible. 

We were bound to struggle a bit when you consider we've had 3 away games on the trot and two of them in London.

Our expectations have elevated and that's why this game against Villa is more of a shock to the system.

Obviously it's not nice but it can end up being a massive blessing in disguise because the players can now have a nice regroup and analyse the game and also knowing they have home games to come and no more silly 3 away games off the belt.

If anyone had asked me if I would be happy with 6 points from 3 successive away games, especially against two teams that are revamped and play at notoriously difficult stadiums for away teams, then I'd have snapped their hands off.

Eddie Howe says it as it is without throwing anyone under the bus and also without getting too over critical. He turns negatives back towards looking positive from that point.

We'll be fine.

Edited by magvicar

13 hours ago, toon25 said:

Burn simply cannot start again at LB. 

Feel like the Burn hatred is grasping for a solution that doesn't exist. The worst piece of defending on our left side yesterday came for the third goal, where Targett ended up completely wrong side of McGinn which opened us up. We'd all prefer a Kieran Trippier style option on the left, but that isn't Matt Targett and Dan Burn is the best LB at this club at the moment. 

9 hours ago, LFEE said:

One of the few times he’s been out coached. The midfield was a mess from minute one.

He couldn't really find an answer to the pace of their front men either. Schar especially was shocking on the day.

Think missing Longstaff has been a bit overplayed, he does some of the niggly stuff well but we saw against Brentford that he can struggle with physical teams & become a bystander.

Looks like we struggled with balls behind and were pushed too high with too large a gap between defence & midfield for second balls. Sure, the pressing in the middle could've been better but that's a hard task to maintain against a well-drilled side. It did look reminiscent of the Liverpool shambles.

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Think missing Longstaff has been a bit overplayed, he does some of the niggly stuff well but we saw against Brentford that he can struggle with physical teams & become a bystander.

Looks like we struggled with balls behind and were pushed too high with too large a gap between defence & midfield for second balls. Sure, the pressing in the middle could've been better but that's a hard task to maintain against a well-drilled side. It did look reminiscent of the Liverpool shambles.

Yeah I'm not sure playing Longstaff would have been the magic pill some seem to think it would have been. We just got found wanting shape-wise, and let's face it, individually we didn't stack up either. They won a lot of battles one to one, and we saw the limitations of some of our squad which Howe inherited.

A really good manager. We will bounce back. Hope it's as clear to the owners as it is to us - we need to strengthen the team. Can't go on like this.

Edited by maze

37 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: Hilariously, the mood on here feels similar to when we went six games without a win. We just came off a 5 game winning streak and are still duking it out for Champions League positions with 20% of the season left.

Tbf, if you don’t have an emotional reaction from watching sport I’ve no idea what the point is.

31 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Tbf, if you don’t have an emotional reaction from watching sport I’ve no idea what the point is.

I do, but I think have learned to temper it with a bit of perspective. I was bummed that the Warriors lost their first playoff game last night as well, but I will only start to worry if they go into an 0-2 hole.

If you haven't been paying attention on here since EH was appointed, there have been some interesting takes over his time here, enough that it would sometimes be tricky to distinguish from the Ashley era. Some  still treat these in a vacuum.

bad day at the office, but our lack of pace at the back was brutally exposed.

also, their fullbacks always seemed to be in acres of space and ready to receive the ball.

just a very strange performance.

Out-coached on Saturday but he’s done the same to some serious managers this season. You know he’ll be reviewing it throughly and learning loads from it though, not dusting himself doon.