Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Outstanding. The only reason that game was even close is because of a couple great saves / misses and one counter attack. That will happen sometimes of course, but I can't imagine what a performance like that could look like next season with some more talent and also some higher quality fresh legs to bring on in the second half.

:pedro:

Didn't realise that we've passed our points total finishing 2nd under Dalglish in 96/97, and level with SBR's best ever season. Only KK has bettered this in nigh on a century.

Incredible by Howe and his team.

Edited by UncleBingo

Our high press is a thing of beauty and must be a nightmare to play against. Would be interested to see our running distances after that game. 

I appreciate Brighton have their ‘philosophy’ to play out from the back, but they looked very one dimensional at times and probably should have mixed up their style. 

7 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Which were currently beating. Be a nice little stat that Eddie can use for a pay rise if we do it.

I suggest we make New Astor a proper kingdom. Make Eddie the King, all monies the club generates comes to him, then he dishes the money out to whom he pleases. Gives players peerages and titles, same with staff etc. 

Just now, Gawalls said:

As somebody put in the comments though - arsenal went unbeaten all season didn’t they?

I think the tweet is misleading in that it's just an NUFC record. No idea why they said "World Record" at the start :lol:

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

As somebody put in the comments though - arsenal went unbeaten all season

It’s not about Arsenal, it’s about us and our records 

1 minute ago, LV said:

It’s not about Arsenal, it’s about us and our records 

Then it’s very badly worded - should be their lowest rather than the lowest.

Edited by Gawalls

He really nailed it last night. Seen multiple observations so won’t claim as my own, but Trippier barely got forward from what I can remember, Botman seemed to be pressing higher than normal, I remember seeing him in central midfield at one point, and 2nd half especially we were very keen to let the young CB have the ball, Wilson barely left Dunk alone. 

Really impressive but also to the players for successfully doing it. 

14 minutes ago, NWMag said:

He really nailed it last night. Seen multiple observations so won’t claim as my own, but Trippier barely got forward from what I can remember, Botman seemed to be pressing higher than normal, I remember seeing him in central midfield at one point, and 2nd half especially we were very keen to let the young CB have the ball, Wilson barely left Dunk alone. 

Really impressive but also to the players for successfully doing it. 

Aye.

The press was perfect for most of the match. WE sat back when we needed too. CBs aggressive a lot.

2 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Our high press is a thing of beauty and must be a nightmare to play against. Would be interested to see our running distances after that game. 

I appreciate Brighton have their ‘philosophy’ to play out from the back, but they looked very one dimensional at times and probably should have mixed up their style. 

I was highly amused at one point when passing out was continually failing quite early on and their idea of switching it up was simply Steele passing to his defender on the left instead of the right, and it still failing. :lol:

Does Steele normally come out as far as he was in the second half when we stopped pressing? As someone that doesn't watch much of non-NUFC games it almost felt like we'd caused a glitch, he was so shocked by the lack of pressure that he didn't know when to stop coming forward with the ball before releasing it.

Incredible coaching job last night Howe and the staff.

They must've thought they'd struck gold when they saw Brighton's starting 11 mind.

Pre-game, I'd have taken a point tbh right up until seeing their team. That was the point at which it was clear they were there for the taking.

2 hours ago, elbee909 said:

How can one forget Arsenal's invincibles, when there's always an Arsenal fan to keep going on about them

So they should, it’s a massive feat going a whole season unbeaten,I would be shouting from the rooftops for decades if we did something like that 

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I love the way Eddie never tries to take any credit for himself 

Remember when the carbuncle took full credit (no other cunt in the photo) for MOtM award. “Yes it was all my hard work & genius!” 🤡🌍🥊

Edited by PauloGeordio

Still astonished that the job he's done doesn't attract more praise in the press.  I get it - sportswashing etc.  But it is truly astonishing.  It was a miracle we stayed up when he took over.  To then follow that up the next season with a cup final and potentially a top 4 place is staggering.

Edited by Hughesy