Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Shouldn't really post so soon after the disappointment of watching that, but to move to the next level and win trophies we are going to need an elite coach and I'm not at all convinced that we have one. 

[emoji38] FFS

Can't wrap my head around his subs today, Longstaff for Tonali made no sense - in a game you want to control, Longstaff is not the man to bring on. 

And Barnes for Gordon, baffling... Handed Trent a massive get out of jail card, since Barnes won't run at his man but instead looks for one-twos. It's not as if Gordon looked tired, he had the bit between his teeth. 

Really strange. Our game management was awful too, we can't control a game passing side to side slowly, it isn't in our DNA. There was none of our usual intensity or tempo in the second half. 

Definitely a moment for him to learn from. Poor subs and we never took hold of the game like we should have. 

Not sure if he had those subs planned out already, but you simply can't take off 3 of your best players on the day and expect things to work out

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Come on, mate. That was embarrassing. Taking our best 2 players off and leaving  Almiron on who once again was totally useless. 

yes he fucked up. But Jesus Christ. some people on here are like 4 year old kids. Eddie has at least earned a few mistakes because of last season. When the dust settles, you'll cool down and realize I am not wrong.

Reckon Eddie will really get into them in training this week. 

Not sure you can blame if the players slow the play down that much. That was a real lack of killer instinct from key players. 

Eddie will get working. He just has that determination and the players believe in him.

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Wrong subs today. We lost all our edge when Gordon went off unfortunately.

Don't think we did at all.

We never really did anything anywhere from the 35th minute onwards.

Chill out. Hindsight is 20/20. The subs were fine. We played amazing and both of their goals were quite lucky. Fantastic finishing from Nunez. Targett starts next match.

Cant believe grown men are this emotional. Overreacting is an understatement. 

Brighton up next.

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Can't wrap my head around his subs today, Longstaff for Tonali made no sense - in a game you want to control, Longstaff is not the man to bring on. 

And Barnes for Gordon, baffling... Handed Trent a massive get out of jail card, since Barnes won't run at his man but instead looks for one-twos. It's not as if Gordon looked tired, he had the bit between his teeth. 

Really strange. Our game management was awful too, we can't control a game passing side to side slowly, it isn't in our DNA. There was none of our usual intensity or tempo in the second half. 

Echo all of this. 

I could have understand Barnes possible for Miggy if you wanted a more clinical option to get on the end of overloads and make most of the space, but it just felt like Howe was trying to inject some energy into the game without considering what we would lose. I love Longstaff, but the first few weeks have only shown the drop off between him and Tonali. 

This team's whole success has been built on energy, intensity, and ruffling feathers. We had none of that and looked terrified by their potential on the counter. 

I give Allison credit for some mammoth stops, but this was a brutal afternoon for Howe in terms of trying to prove he's ready to step into that top tier of managers. If he doesn't learn from this he's fucked.

Edited by Viana