Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

I don't have, no.

He said we'd been good in spells and need to take our chances but also not need to give away sloppy goals in essence.

Said he'd support the players and that he wouldn't overreact, and that ultimately we'd get it right. Got his interview spot on for me.

I also think you can't take what he said there at 100% face value. To me, he implied we were a bit unlucky with the scoreline, but I don't think that at all. I think we were taken apart.

Very soon after, though, as you say he also said it was a time for him to support his players. In other words, he wasn't going to come out and say it was a poor performance in front of the press.

He has a history of being economical in interviews with what he really thinks. I suspect behind the scenes he's thinking/saying something a bit different.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’d love him to succeed here, I really would. I think he will, and I have to think that given I live amongst Man U and City fans who’ve relentlessly been telling me I’m wrong and he’s not the man to take us forward beyond the short term.

On the other hand, we’re a one dimensional team who beat the opposition with running, pressure and forcing errors. The lack of intelligence and guile on the field stinks sometimes and I’ve seen little concentrated effort to remedy that in the transfer windows and the lineups. There’s too much insistence on playing a settled side too. Bobby and Rafa are streets areas tactically of the other managers we had because they made proactive and preemptive changes during games and between games. We need to see a lot more of that mentality.

Too early to say definitively he’s tactically one dimensional. But I agree with the sentiment. 

We’ve gone all in on Howe ball in the transfer market. No 10s, hard runners everywhere.  We need to give him the full season and must not knee jerk at any point.  

We're seeing tonight why Newcastle fans have a reputation for being self-entitled arseholes. After last season and how well we did, 3 bad results and some on here and on twitter are saying he's took us as far as he can. Honestly, what a set of utter cretins. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, the reputation we have is thoroughly justified sometimes. We have more than our fair share of complete whoppers!

Edited by Scoot

Just now, Scoot said:

We're seeing tonight why Newcastle fans have a reputation for being self-entitled arseholes. After last season and how well we did, 3 bad results and someone here and on twitter are saying he's took us as far as he can. Honestly, what a set of utter cretins. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, the reputation we have is thoroughly justified sometimes. We have more than our fair share of complete whoppers!

Once again, it has been a very very small minority who post relentlessly when things aren't going well on here. Most of the responses in this thread have been totally reasonable today.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

We're seeing tonight why Newcastle fans have a reputation for being self-entitled arseholes. After last season and how well we did, 3 bad results and someone here and on twitter are saying he's took us as far as he can. Honestly, what a set of utter cretins. 

We’re hardly unique in that respect. It’s the same everywhere.

One thing about Howe is he seems to be a perfectionist. These results will hurt him as much as they do our fan's.

We'll be back fighting soon enough, confidence is huge in all sport's. Once we get a couple of wins we'll be flying!!!

Eddie Howe's black and white army!!

Brighton and City are two teams setup to bait the press. Against both we seemed to be stuck in some middle ground of not wanting to play into their hands but not wanting to do a Rafa job and sit completely off them. Thought we did fairly well against Liverpool 11v11 were just starting to get into of them and punish them until the sending off. After that again we seemed to be caught not knowing whether to stick or twist. 

I'm fairly certain we'll see a return of the intensity and pressing after the international break.

It was only last week de Zerbi was getting called a fraud on here and Brighton had been sussed and will struggle this season. Today they battered us and it's Eddie who has been found out and need to change everything all of a sudden. Unless your City every team is going to have games like this. 

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Once again, it has been a very very small minority who post relentlessly when things aren't going well on here. Most of the responses in this thread have been totally reasonable today.

That's why I mentioned Twitter as well. I should have known and avoided it after tonight's game.

Just now, Scoot said:

You're taking it a bit too personal. It's football fans in general sadly. Wouldn't turn to twitter after such a result for a sane, educated opinions.

8 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I also think you can't take what he said there at 100% face value. To me, he implied we were a bit unlucky with the scoreline, but I don't think that at all. I think we were taken apart.

Very soon after, though, as you say he also said it was a time for him to support his players. In other words, he wasn't going to come out and say it was a poor performance in front of the press.

He has a history of being economical in interviews with what he really thinks. I suspect behind the scenes he's thinking/saying something a bit different.

Absolutely, but that's all part of good man management. He wasn't going to come out and say we were shite with the exclusion of maybe two or three players. I mean, we'd have admired his honesty as fans bur it would suggest gaps in the armour and would potentially upset individuals in the team, or the whole team.

Luck doesn't really exist. We all use the term but it's bollocks really. We use luck to explain what we cannot be bothered to explain, cannot explain or simply don't want to explain, really. All opinion this of course...

Howe answered questions designed to open cracks and make them holes and instead papered over them whilst he establishes the more long term solution, which he absolutely will find, for me.

(Not meaning to be defensive with you by the way ;) )

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Too early to say definitively he’s tactically one dimensional. But I agree with the sentiment. 

We’ve gone all in on Howe ball in the transfer market. No 10s, hard runners everywhere.  We need to give him the full season and must not knee jerk at any point.  

I didn’t say he was tactically one dimensional as such, but as a team we are. We can’t counter attack for one. It’s genuinely embarrassing watching us try.

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

We're seeing tonight why Newcastle fans have a reputation for being self-entitled arseholes. After last season and how well we did, 3 bad results and some on here and on twitter are saying he's took us as far as he can. Honestly, what a set of utter cretins. 

What a ridiculous post , like you can' t criticise the most abject performance since Bacon Butty days

12 minutes ago, Scoot said:

No one is actually implying they want him gone are they?

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

What a ridiculous post , like you can' t criticise the most abject performance since Bacon Butty days

All depends on the context of what's been said and seen though doesn't it.

Criticising a performance is one thing. Suggesting whole scale changes is another and as we all know the Internet rarely has grey areas...

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

TBF Brighton are total class. West Ham beat them last week through shear luck, the stats were mad in Brightons flavour, this team could really finish second this season. Give Howe at least till Christmas, at the very least he deserves that.

Just now, Heron said:

All depends on the context of what's been said and seen though doesn't it.

Criticising a performance is oen thing. Suggesting whole scale changes is another and as we all know the Internet rarely has grey areas...

Of course. I have every faith in manager and team to overcome this shitshow

What a shit start, but kinda expected. Haven’t been able to replicate last season, unfortunately. Can’t see how we will be able to compete in four tournaments tbf. So I really hope we concentrate on EPL and CL.