Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Heron said:

No, because there a probably more than 100 variables that would effect that from happening. One of them being that Brighton could also win with 17% possession.

They had 25 anyway tbf, totally agree with you. Higher XG, better chances, deserved to win the game. 

Under Howe we've never been through a rough patch without coming out of it looking better than before it. People were saying CL was over when we'd dropped off to 5th or 6th last season.

No idea why some are always in such a rush to tell everyone we're doomed. 

3 minutes ago, dave s said:

Some under par performances against some of the top teams in the league. Let’s see how we fair from here after the break. This is the situation where Eddie earns his dough .. let’s support him 

Agree, but calling these under par performances is an over par understatement.

29 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Sorry lads, a few Stella"s deep and talking shite tbf. But Brighton aren"t total class, they are doing brilliantly for there status,that's it. 😊

Agree, people are going on like Brighton are some super team of massive stars, but they are anything but. It's one thing to be passed off the park by Man City, but when a team which has been selling off it's best players is taking you apart then it's fair to ask questions about our own tactical set up.

Our whole game is based on the press, if teams are passing round it, then we need to find another way. Or find a combination of players who can implement the press more effectively.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Agree, but calling these under par performances is an over par understatement.

it is what it is. what’s important is what he does next. we were always going to have a shitty patch at some point 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree, people are going on like Brighton are some super team of massive stars, but they are anything but. It's one thing to be passed off the park by Man City, but when a team which has been selling off it's best players is taking you apart then it's fair to ask questions about our own tactical set up.

Our whole game is based on the press, if teams are passing round it, then we need to find another way. Or find a combination of players who can implement the press more effectively.

Because they are a well drilled system team that occasionally spanks good teams. Neither I nor KI have claimed that they are a super team of massive stars. That's just horse shit hyperbole.

He desperately needs to pick them back up now.  Shocking display mentally and physically today which I'm not used to. 

I can't pinpoint the issue, thought everyone with the exception of Tonali from the starting line up had a shocker today. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

He desperately needs to pick them back up now.  Shocking display mentally and physically today which I'm not used to. 

I can't pinpoint the issue, thought everyone with the exception of Tonali from the starting line up had a shocker today. 

Also up to the fans to rally... :thup:

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Because they are a well drilled system team that occasionally spanks good teams. Neither I nor KI have claimed that they are a super team of massive stars. That's just horse shit hyperbole.

I wasn't referring to you or KI, I just said people were going on about them being a super team etc. You don't have to take everything literally otherwise don't use hyperbole terms like horseshit hyperbole if you are going to go down that road. :lol:

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Again, an underestimation of Brighton. They don't need massive stars. They actually underperformed last season, if you look at all their key stats a lot of them were 2nd only to Man City. There's a bit of ignorance and snobbery where Brighton are concerned imo.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Again, an underestimation of Brighton. They don't need massive stars. They actually underperformed last season, if you look at all their key stats a lot of them were 2nd only to Man City. There's a bit of ignorance and snobbery where Brighton are concerned imo.

Brighton are a really good side, there is no shame in being beaten by them.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I find that slightly troubling though, because if their system is so well drilled they can outplay us so thoroughly after losing so many players, then what does that say about our system where the manager has had two years to implement it?

From his interview, Eddie himself looked disappointed with how we matched up even if he was never going to say it in so many words. Either our system is not able to cope with a high level passing game, or we just don't have the players to implement it well enough. In which case we have been a bit naive in thinking we could just bulldoze our way through it.

Just now, JUICE690 said:

Feels like to beat us you play the low block and counter. Both Brighton and Liverpool were more than happy to give us time on the ball.

Conversely, Man City and Brighton beat us by not letting us have the ball at all.

17 minutes ago, Heron said:

Also up to the fans to rally... :thup:

You're not wrong, said in the match thread we seemed strangely quiet. 

Hope you didn't  take that post as a pop at the gaffa :lol:

My worry  today was that the intensity/pressing wasn't there off the ball, and the sharpness wasn't there on the ball.  Frustrating as we know we're so much better than today. 

He's got a big job to pick them up, and it's gona be a long couple of weeks, but he'll do it. 

Edited by Wilson

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

Brighton have an excellent manager and an excellent setup. But aye they are not world beaters. But neither are we. We’ve spent lots of money but I don’t think our squad is significantly superior. They seem to have one of the best young managers in football and I think we do too.  

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

Brighton are a really good side, there is no shame in being beaten by them.

No shame getting beat off a good side, but we can definitely question the manner of it.  We looked like a completely different team today. 

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

You're not wrong, said in the match thread we seemed strangely quiet. 

Hope you didn't  take that post as a pop at the gaffa :lol:

My worry  today was that the intensity/pressing wasn't there off the ball, and the sharpness wasn't there on the ball.  Frustrating as we know we're so much better than today. 

He's got a big job to pick them up, and it's gona be a long couple of weeks, but he'll do it. 

No, not at all, I was saying it in addition. Perhaps, deep down, Howe needs us to pick him up too. It would never be said, but I reckon a good show of support vs Brentford for both Howe as the team would go down a treat.

For the first time his thinking doesn’t look clear team wise and think it’s showing through on the pitch.

The ease in which teams are getting at our back 4 is a major problem and we look pedestrian and predictable in attack.

Needs some tweaks notably to the midfield and wide forward areas for me.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

I find that slightly troubling though, because if their system is so well drilled they can outplay us so thoroughly after losing so many players, then what does that say about our system where the manager has had two years to implement it?

From his interview, Eddie himself looked disappointed with how we matched up even if he was never going to say it in so many words. Either our system is not able to cope with a high level passing game, or we just don't have the players to implement it well enough. In which case we have been a bit naive in thinking we could just bulldoze our way through it.

Well you're talking about Howe's 21 months (in which he took a team from relegation fodder to Champions League qualification) vs Tony Bloom's 14 year plan that's only come to fruition in the last couple of years, hasn't ended up in Champions League qualification yet, but along the way has had them outplaying the best teams in the league and making shit tons of money from player sales. Meanwhile, despite our success, our star player from the previous era just went for £25m and we're still trying to offload the likes of Jeff Hendrick on loan. Imo there's not a single part of that that's troubling from our point of view, it's a remarkable success.

Edited by Kid Icarus