Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, andycap said:

Am I missing something here like? But I thought majority of us think he hasn't got a plan b. So why was ryder getting pelters. 

That'll be the bit you're missing. He's tried to tweak the system where he can in a few games this season but has his hands tied by the unprecedented number of injuries we have. 

it's not an uncommon view, but I doubt it's close to a majority. Ryder posing it to Howe as if it is exactly why window-licker is getting pelters.

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

lee mentioned fans saying he lacked a plan b.

talk of the possibility of a back 5.

louise lass mentioned carra saying u cant play the same starting 11 for 4 games in a row, and was our style sustainable.

Eddie's deadpan five-word response to Louise Taylor's lengthy Carragher quotes -- "Very interesting points from Jamie" -- cracked me up.

8 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Could not agree more. There's a section of the fan base that seems to see pessimism as grown-up and optimism as childish, so lurch towards the most negative spin on anything that happens to show how fucking adult they are. 

EDIT: Not aimed at anyone in particular on here, it's all over twitter

There's an exaltation of pessimism and self victimization that really irritates me. Pessimists and optimists probably have similar chances of being right. But pessimists are generally unbearable to be around.

2 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

There's an exaltation of pessimism and self victimization that really irritates me. Pessimists and optimists probably have similar chances of being right. But pessimists are generally unbearable to be around.

Some folk are just wired up differently. I’ve been taught to count my blessings. If you think you don’t have any count  again, for there are many! 

17 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I knew the fanbase would become more expectant and move away from 'a team that tries' ethos, but the transformation we've had in the space of 2 years is enough to give you whiplash.

No-one should have short enough memories of the previous 14 years to then watch our worst performances under Howe and say they were like an Ashley era performance, that's just absolutely mental. What bad Ashley era match do you remember Newcastle losing while dominating possession and every player putting in 100%? Honestly man.

If anything, our poor performances and losses are much nearer to some of the kamikaze football under Keegan than anything.

People who are just naturally pessimistic and negative, I feel sorry for them, that's in their nature. If things are 97% great, they'll highlight the 3% negativity. It's sad, but that'll never change.

If the happy clappers who've sat and accepted the 14 years of Ashley without a whimper start piping up now, however, they can fuck right off.

This includes the likes of Ryder who didn't write a thing against him, or Bruce, for instance. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

11 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Do you believe him when he says he has no assurances of being backed in January?

Not at all, they will have discussed targets and multiple plans at length and him saying that is playing on his humble nature to continue the "we're potless cos of FFP" narrative we've used since day one to quash the "richest club in the world, hike the price" shit from elsewhere.

Eddie naturally plays everything down in his pressers and it suits us down to the ground. The only aspect of it that can be irritating is when he does it about player injuries, I'd prefer he told us they were all fucked and we get a pleasant surprise when they're back "early" rather than what seems to happen where he intimates a few weeks out and they're crocked four month.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Some folk are just wired up differently. I’ve been taught to count my blessings. If you think you don’t have any count  again, for there are many! 

I've been taught that knowing there's millions of people in the world worse of than you doesn't make it any easier to sort your shit out but sort your shit out, you must. 

That cunt Holt in the Mail has written a big article on Howe and why he might be under pressure if things don’t improve quickly.

Does say he hopes Saudis have patience but dismisses injuries as an excuse as other clubs are suffering same.

Really hope Howe can get a result soon otherwise more will start to sharpen their knives over next couple of weeks.

32 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

That cunt Holt in the Mail has written a big article on Howe and why he might be under pressure if things don’t improve quickly.

Does say he hopes Saudis have patience but dismisses injuries as an excuse as other clubs are suffering same.

Really hope Howe can get a result soon otherwise more will start to sharpen their knives over next couple of weeks.

We should be honoured that he's featured Howe/us in his main word count this week and not his usual snide dig in the shite 150 words of fluff that gets used as filler elsewhere.

These cunts can write what they like. Our current owners and Fat Lad don't have too much in common, but not giving a flying fuck about external noise is one characteristic.

Holt will be out in May when we've had a strong end to the season saying it proves the worth of being patient when Howe was only at risk in his own fragile little mind. He really is the cunt's cunt.

14 hours ago, Ikon said:

I’m pretty sure that Howe knows that’s it not the entire fan base saying it. I’m also certain that he both knows and accepts that it’s a part of football when things don’t go too well. Nothing to make a meal out of. 

True, but it’s such a weasily cop-out by a perennially shit journalist.  ‘Some fans say there’s no plan B.  I don’t think that …’

I find being a pessimist perfectly suits supporting Newcastle
eg forest at home and the multiple 

”We’ll smash these” quotes. True to form we get humped and make Chris Wood look like a £80m striker. 
Pessimism and NUFC go together like Tonali and scratchcards. 

27 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’m guessing Holt won’t be going to the WC in Saudi in 2034 then?

Given his snout was firmly in the trough for Qatar 2022 he’ll be there with Panja and Delaney sharing a suite in the Riyadh Hilton.

On 29/12/2023 at 09:38, Wullie said:

I wouldn't have the slightest hesitation in throwing my hands up and fucking the whole thing off again if Mourinho were to rock up.

Really? I mean I don’t want him either, I see him as a has-been and I don’t think it would work. But seems a bit extreme to walk out. He’s no Steve Bruce, and we would still have ambitious owners who would pull the plug when needed. When Ashley hired one of his goons it was natural to want to stop caring. Pre-Ashley I don’t think many Newcastle fans reasoned like that, even if you despised Souness there wasn’t much talk of walking out. Or is it that you’re not on board with the Saudi ownership and it’s Howe who keeps you interested? Could understand that. Just curious…

Edited by Collage

1 hour ago, RS said:

I find being a pessimist perfectly suits supporting Newcastle
eg forest at home and the multiple 

”We’ll smash these” quotes. True to form we get humped and make Chris Wood look like a £80m striker. 
Pessimism and NUFC go together like Tonali and scratchcards. 

Exactly. (Though I sometimes think that 'masochists' might describe us better!)

1 hour ago, Collage said:

Really? I mean I don’t want him either, I see him as a has-been and I don’t think it would work. But seems a bit extreme to walk out. He’s no Steve Bruce, and we would still have ambitious owners who would pull the plug when needed. When Ashley hired one of his goons it was natural to want to stop caring. Pre-Ashley I don’t think many Newcastle fans reasoned like that, even if you despised Souness there wasn’t much talk of walking out. Or is it that you’re not on board with the Saudi ownership and it’s Howe who keeps you interested? Could understand that. Just curious…

It would be a hugely concerning move in respect of the ownership groups understanding/plan imho.

Mourinho would represent a 'win today and fuck tomorrow' type of appointment whereby the desire to be seen as successful outweighs any thoughts around sustainability or coherent long-term plan.

And I say that as someone that really likes Mourinho.

You'd have to say though, it would appear a hugely out of character appointment given everything they've preached since they joined around 'the journey' etc and also a long way away from their two final candidates when Bruce got the heave-ho. That they reached an Emery/Howe conclusion last time is a massive positive imho and indicated they know what they're doing.

On the subject of Howe, it blows my mind how anybody could even countenance him leaving/being fired at any point in the foreseeable future.

The fella has been nothing short of incredible and sadly, for him, it appears he's becoming a victim of his incredible success here in some eyes.

For me, he's got an absolute minimum of into the first quarter of next season before there'd even be a discussion around his future.

Did anyone seriously ever think this journey, post takeover, would just be a 'sunshine and roses' meander to the top of the footballing pyramid without any hiccups, poor form or crisis?

Mental if so.

I'd not be at all surprised if he pulls us a result from nowhere in the next few games and the Howe Out brigade on social media disappear back under whatever the fuck rock they've been hiding until the next blip comes along.

They just need our support for a while man. Christ, he's done more than enough for us fans since he joined, let's just give the bloke some faith.

32 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

It would be a hugely concerning move in respect of the ownership groups understanding/plan imho.

Mourinho would represent a 'win today and fuck tomorrow' type of appointment whereby the desire to be seen as successful outweighs any thoughts around sustainability or coherent long-term plan.

You'd have to say though, it would appear a hugely out of character appointment given everything they've preached since they joined around 'the journey' etc and also a long way away from their two final candidates when Bruce got the heave-ho. That they reached an Emery/Howe conclusion last time is a massive positive imho and indicated they know what they're doing.

On the subject of Howe, it blows my mind how anybody could even countenance him leaving/being fired at any point in the foreseeable future.

The fella has been nothing short of incredible and sadly, for him, it appears he's becoming a victim of his incredible success here in some eyes.

For me, he's got an absolute minimum of into the first quarter of next season before there'd even be a discussion around his future.

Did anyone seriously ever think this journey, post takeover, would just be a 'sunshine and roses' meander to the top of the footballing pyramid without any hiccups, poor form or crisis?

Mental if so.

I'd not be at all surprised if he pulls us a result from nowhere in the next few games and the Howe Out brigade on social media disappear back under whatever the fuck rock they've been hiding until the next blip comes along.

They just need our support for a while man. Christ, he's done more than enough for us fans since he joined, let's just give the bloke some faith.

Absolutely this. 
I am reminded lately that many football supporters are bellends. 

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Mental if so.

I’m fully in support of EH and don’t want him replaced anytime soon. He’s done better than anyone could have asked for. My post was more about actually walking out on your football club because of a managerial change you don’t agree with, something that will happen time and time again. Except if your owner is Mike Ashley, then you get Alan Pardew on an 8 year contract.

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Mental if so.

Tbf, all the noise seems to be on social media, or so I hear anyway. There's never been any suggestion that the club are anything but fully committed to Howe. For all the grumbling, there'd be uproar if Eddie was sacked, he's the most loved coach since SBR. I'm sure beyond all the outside noise, the club insiders will be well aware our squad is inadequate for this sort of campaign, and that's neither Howe's fault or the owners. It's purely down to FFP.