Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Only thing i'm going to say, is that I absolute detest the chop and changing mantra that most football clubs live by these days, the fact that Howe is the 7th longest serving manager in the league despite only being here for 2 years is a joke, it doesn't allow you as a fan to be get attached to managers or players, to feel emotional, and love the people who are there to represent us as fanbase.

That's why I utterly hate the notion of Howe getting sacked and anyone who calls for it, as it is quite simple unbelievably fickle. With Howe, in two years he has massively overachieved to a degree none of us expected, he has gotten a club that was rock bottom staring into the abyss when he first came in, to the Champions League within a season, and got the team playing some great football  to once again be a club we can be proud of. There have been so many memories that we all will remember for the rest of our lives because of what this man has done, and for people to turn on him for a small patch of bad form, which has a lot of mitigating circumstances.

Yes we have been poor this last month, yes there are some criticism that can be leveraged his way, but quite frankly he has proven he is more then up for the job, and i'd rather us stick by him and have a "poor" season, then sack him needlessly and have some other randomer maybe get us up to 6th. He's more then deserved it.

And with that, I once again ignore that the football section of the forum exists as its probably going to be really toxic in here for a little while.

:clap: 

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Maybe you could write another letter to Amanda, I assume the restraining order has expired by now?

This caught me seriously off guard. Gold. :lol: 

We knew we had a small squad and we are being punished for it. That squad will grow in quality and numbers. If we play as we are when players come back then people are justified in squawking.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Only thing i'm going to say, is that I absolute detest the chop and changing mantra that most football clubs live by these days, the fact that Howe is the 7th longest serving manager in the league despite only being here for 2 years is a joke, it doesn't allow you as a fan to be get attached to managers or players, to feel emotional, and love the people who are there to represent us as fanbase.

That's why I utterly hate the notion of Howe getting sacked and anyone who calls for it, as it is quite simple unbelievably fickle. With Howe, in two years he has massively overachieved to a degree none of us expected, he has gotten a club that was rock bottom staring into the abyss when he first came in, to the Champions League within a season, and got the team playing some great football  to once again be a club we can be proud of. There have been so many memories that we all will remember for the rest of our lives because of what this man has done, and for people to turn on him for a small patch of bad form, which has a lot of mitigating circumstances.

Yes we have been poor this last month, yes there are some criticism that can be leveraged his way, but quite frankly he has proven he is more then up for the job, and i'd rather us stick by him and have a "poor" season, then sack him needlessly and have some other randomer maybe get us up to 6th. He's more then deserved it.

And with that, I once again ignore that the football section of the forum exists as its probably going to be really toxic in here for a little while.

Great post.

Just now, Stifler said:

Maybe you could actually create a constructive post?

Likewise. If he loses you if we lose to Sunderland, frankly him having you in the first place wasn't worth a great deal.

It's not really fair after what he's done for us but I do think he's going to come under pressure if we lose and look shite on Saturday.

We can sit here and be reasonable all we want but a huge section of the fanbase is not going to take a loss to Sunderland well at all and the grumbling we're hearing now is going to morph into quite a few people turning on him and making the next few months less than comfortable.

A huge part of the last two years has been the really positive vibe Howe has built around the club. Players seem like a great group of lads, we've been good to watch and competitive in every game... results have been good.

This feels like the first time that's really started to turn a bit. We've lost 5 of our last 6 games and we've played like absolute shite in all of them. Yeah, there are mitigating circumstances. But they don't excuse just how bad the last month has been.

It was always going to happen eventually, Howe's first mini crisis. Players don't look happy, fans are starting to grumble. The injury crisis seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Desperately need a win on Saturday, I still think Eddie can manage this team to the top but the margins are fine and he needs to arrest this slide. Fast.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Not a dig but what can he actually do differently at the minute? We don't seem to be willingly sitting deep, it just seems to be happening naturally with the flow of games. Any tactical approach takes energy, teams press so well now that it's hard to just keep possession.

The earlier away performances were much more controlled than we're seeing now. 

Were they though? Milan, Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves (until Neto went off), Dortmund were all very poor performances before the injury crisis really kicked in. Can only remember us playing well against Shef Utd (obviously) and we were "okay" against West Ham who mainly sat back. 

We've set up differently on the road to how we do at home all season - we're much deeper, more passive, the full backs don't push on, the striker is isolated, there is no intensity etc. Could just be a mentality thing since we don't have the crowd behind us I guess, but I think it's at least partially instructional. 

Just now, nufc4eva said:

For me it's how easy teams are walking through us and also when we have the ball there's no structure and awful decision making. We can't seem to retain it, movement is mostly shit, over hit or underhit balls. We look frightened to have a go at teams now

The Jota penalty was horrific, can't remember the last time a long ball just dissected our CBs like a knife through butter.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Sorry to say, and as much as Howe has done a job that went beyond any sort of wild expectations, he’s still making massive mistakes right now which are costing us.

We have no one at LB because in 6 months he hasn’t bothered to ease Hall into the team. So now we have Burn playing against the likes of Salah, and Mbappe, when he struggles with anyone with any sort of pace.

We have Schar going upfront and leaving gaps, which has cost us so many games this season and he obviously hasn’t been told to stop it.

We have Trippier who is fucked, absolutely fucked when we have Livramento who’s performing well in that position who can cover him for a few games.

some of the games have been awful. Look at Luton, and Forest. Simple passing and doing the simple things is enough to beat those teams. We aren’t doing that, no simple passing, nothing, literally passing to opposition players, or running into them instead of making the simple available passes. It’s more than just fatigue, and you can see right from KO if we are going to win the game. It’s not even like we can start slowly and come into games, we start slowly, that’s it.

I’ve always feared that Howe is defensively naïve, and he’s showing that again.

If we are going to write off this January because of the fixtures, then he has to win the derby, has too. Under Ashley it was another game, and so long as we had enough points at the end of the season, the manager could get away with that. I don’t think our owners, or are fans are going to accept it. This season is fast running away from us, and if we lose that as well, it’s a complete and utter waste of a season, and would go nowhere towards building for the future.

We had one of the best defenses last season. With Dan Burn.

You're literally judging him on a period of time when he's had his hands tied, injuries left right and center.  

Lewis Hall, needs work, he didn't even have a pre-season and looks way off the pace even in his cameos.

If you can't look pass the results and look at the situation and the bigger picture, then I don't know what to say. 

Edited by dcmk

13 minutes ago, mofo said:

Tonali

Pope

Murphy

Barnes

Wilson

Willock

Anderson

Trippier

Manquillio

Targett

#remember

Agree with what you are trying to highlight, but I wish people wouldn’t put Manquillo in these lists 😂

He’s not beyond criticism and the team have had nearly a full week to prepare for tonight and still looked a fucking shambles at the back.

Yes it’s Liverpool, but Man U recently went there and didn’t look anywhere near as disjointed as we did.

It’s not about tonight in isolation the last 3 games have been shambolic, simple balls played to players unmarked for tap ins.

He’s still the man but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried.

4 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

There are certainly mitigating circumstances but we have to be able to set up more organised than we did today.

Liverpool didn't have to do anything in order to be clean through on Dubravka 

100% agree and Howe deserves criticism. However there is not a manager in the world (IMO) who would not struggle having these injuries.

8 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

As pitiful as that performance was he won’t be judged by it. Not by anyone that matters anyway. 

Gap between our mid and defence is embarrassing and glaring obvious. Especially in the big games. That’s why Foden always bums us. 

We’ve had that gap since pre-season tbh. The signs were there against Villa already. (The pre-season game). The midfield shape has been “off” all season. 

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The main issue he has is that he massively overachieved last season. Genuinely think that’s where the reactions and pressure is coming from. Ridiculous really.

Aye.

The thing is he's overachieved due to the work ethic he instilled, I cannot grasp how people are not just willing to accept a write off given the circumstances, a packed month with a huge injury list was always goung to be devastating to a side that relies on pressing like we do.

Even in his first season when we were more defensive, we relied on our off the ball work, we never played a traditional low block. We need fit players and at the start of the season we looked great with the potential to field 2 starting XIs.

Klopp looks like he could win the league this season, Liverpool were a joke a few months ago, I never saw him at any point change his ethos and I doubt Howe will either.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Still completely back him and that’s not going to change anytime soon. We were so easy to play through and so poor on the ball between defence and midfield though. I’m desperate to see an improvement in both of these areas. We absolutely have to stop being passed through with ease and it would be great to see us string together some passing to build our confidence back up. Everyone’s heads just drop when we keep losing the ball 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agree with what you are trying to highlight, but I wish people wouldn’t put Manquillo in these lists 😂

Why?  He's one of our 25 man squad.