Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Its definitely a concern now how shit we've looked lately and how many goals we're conceding. When you look at the opposition you'd swear we were down in the bottom half fighting to stay up alongside them rather than a team with European ambitions. I'm not gonna say its all on Howe because in an ideal world he wouldn't be playing that piss poor midfield week in week out but surely we can do better than this? Burn has been a big problem for weeks and he is still persisting with him and I genuinely fear for us next week if its Burn vs Saka. 

Genuine question and I’m not saying he should be under pressure now, but how long until he genuinely is? Obvious injury’s aren’t helping but he also isn’t helping himself recently.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Genuine question and I’m not saying he should be under pressure now, but how long until he genuinely is? Obvious injury’s aren’t helping but he also isn’t helping himself recently.

image.gif.6387ea9aef80a05bd15ea3b4893562cf.gif

Totally reasonable to ask questions given some of the results we've had this season, like. Injuries or not, it's looked like too many games just pass this team of players by.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Shouldn't be under any pressure this season. If the end of the season is seriously underwhelming he will be shouldering a degree of pressure going into next season but that comes with the territory. 

Oh come on Bournemouth is a good side, a point would be an acceptable result, we rarely get good results against them anyway

My prediction for tomorrows posts here

IF him and his coaching staff are sitting every week trying to find a solution to why we've been conceding so much and why every right winger is hurting us and they can't figure it out yet then i really do fear for them, Bruce/Carver shit that.

2 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

Howe many more games like this? Zero control over the match.

Probably next season when we get half of our squad back, can properly train, and average teams know they cannot press us high up the pitch at St James' Park all game anymore.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

We need our defence higher up the pitch to help them out and squeeze the gaps we have. Tino needs to start for our only pacey option in the backline and I'd drop dubz even though he's played well as we need a sweeper keeper and karius I think could do that job better. 

Yeah, nowhere near wanting him out but he’s quite clearly out of his depth at finding a tactical solution to the dreadful midfield issues because the 3 of them are worse by the game. The Almiron and Burn situations I’m sick of talking about.

Stop fucking playing Dan Burn.

The entire world can see he's on toast every game, costing us goals. He gave Semenyo acres today and allowed him to shoot, because he's petrified of pace.

There's absolutely no excuse not to change it when you've got Livramento on the bench. You live and die by your decisions and Howe deserves every last bit of criticism for continuing with Burn or being unable to change the system to accommodate Livramento.

Again late with the subs. How on earth Burn still starts is a mystery. What the fuck does he have on Howe. And why is the gap between defense and midfield still a problem? I get that its not the midfield he wants, but then he has to tweak whatever he sets out to do when the players obviously cannot play the way he wants them to. Its been the same damn thing since he took over, that gap has never changed, it has been exploited so many times. Today Bournemouth did the same thing, and of course focused on isolating Dan Burn in a 1v1. I am sick of "will learn from this" it does not look like it is happening, JT need to just shake him or something.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If this form continues in to next season then the pressure will come from the crowd, I don’t think the club will let it go on that long though and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them move him on in the summer if we carry on like this.

I’m still a huge fan but the Burn situation remains an absolute mystery. That coupled with Hall not seeing any football does raise questions. He’s been proven right before and the Hall situation is total guesswork from fans but there’s zero guesswork attached to criticising Burn’s continued starts. We’ve been told he’s ruthless before but maybe that’s just when players don’t train to his standards / play how he wants them to

I think it’s fair to question some of his decisions. Would be harsh for him to be sacked before everyone is healthy next season, but even then he will probably roll out Burn Longstaff and Almiron. 

Only real gripe I have is playing Burn over Tino week in and week out when.

I can only imagine opposing managers team talks when they see big 33 on the team sheet out there at LB. Not just out there but overlapping and thinking he’s Roberto Carlos. Fuck sake he can’t even win a header. 

We’ve had issues with almost every single RW we have faced all season. I’d be fine with it if Tino hadn’t been one of our best performers in nearly every one of his appearances. 

If the defending and amount of goals we concede isn't rectified by start of next season, I think that will be him gone.

Been shagging Burn's ma or something, just baffling.

Maybe should try the 5 at the back for Arsenal if he refuses to drop Burn. 

But yeah it's not working. Bruno was excellent today and Miley had good moments but we still looked utterly wide open every single attack they had. No protection from midfield and back 4 look slow and exposed.

Lack of striker was also a problem ofcourse, but the need for Tino in there is far too obvious to everyone and for some unknown reason keeps getting ignored. 

How many goals have we conceded when Tino has come on recently? I make it zero in last 4 games since Villa? 

25 minutes ago, Jagten said:

The Semenyo shot was a tiny % of the accumulative xG we conceded, and one Dubravka should have saved. I don’t like Dan Burn, but he’s a cheap target.

Backtracks into own box while giving the attacker 2 metres of free space.

"Cheap target".