Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On 02/03/2024 at 17:08, Menace said:

Will the posters who have a pop when a shit result occurs now appear to praise him? 

No. Not having a pop at him and I’ve never gone in on him with both barrels but my opinion on him is the same. The team has regressed, probably with some valid excuses but we’ve got players back now so give it a few games and see what were like when players should be up to speed.

I have my doubts long term. I still think we have to work way harder than other teams to win games and tactically we’re going to get caught out by the established teams.

The gulf between us and Arsenal was ridiculous last week.

It’s hard to see Howe providing a path where we can boss those kind of games.

Don't think he’ll be leaving so let’s see where we are this time next season.

17 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

No. Not having a pop at him and I’ve never gone in on him with both barrels but my opinion on him is the same. The team has regressed, probably with some valid excuses but we’ve got players back now so give it a few games and see what were like when players should be up to speed.

I have my doubts long term. I still think we have to work way harder than other teams to win games and tactically we’re going to get caught out by the established teams.

Third place outside chance of the title. Yes please. Thank you very much. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We beat Arsenal earlier in the season without them having a shot on target.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We beat Arsenal earlier in the season without them having a shot on target.

We are also restricted by playing half a team that Eddie inherited, who don’t have the technical capability to match Arsenal. We have to find other ways to win u til we can invest in that calibre of player. 

Didn't watch the match fully yesterday so can't comment too much, but we looked much more cohesive and I'm really pleased we had a plan beyond being first to every ball. A bit of absorb and counter attack proved to be really effective, which is really all I've been asking for.

Next item on his to do list is to work out a way to play Gordon and Barnes together from the start of a game. On paper that's a brilliant forward line alongside Isak. 40-50 goals between them is achievable. 

On 02/03/2024 at 17:54, La Parka said:

Playing deeper and looking to hit the wings and break using pace.

Love the new direction. Fair play Eddie. 

Playing like this reduces the impact of our immobile midfield. 

It was what quite a few were suggesting as a way round playing with an immobile midfield. Pressing high without much pace at the back and in midfield was always a high risk strategy,  but I guess it will depend on who we are playing. Sitting back against teams like Man City might just mean we never get the ball.

19 hours ago, 80 said:

Didn't watch the match fully yesterday so can't comment too much, but we looked much more cohesive and I'm really pleased we had a plan beyond being first to every ball. A bit of absorb and counter attack proved to be really effective, which is really all I've been asking for.

Believe it or not I got dragged out shopping by the wife again, don't go much but last three times i've had to go out we've won - dating back to the massive Spurs win.

57 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Believe it or not I got dragged out shopping by the wife again, don't go much but last three times i've had to go out we've won - dating back to the massive Spurs win.

Looks like you've got yourself a date with IKEA for the next few weekends.

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Looks like your season is sorted, keep your fucking ass away from SJP

21 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Alright so let's just cut to the chase and set up some rules. :lol:

iirc, you need to fuck off to the Garden Centre, and @SiLvOR needs to fuck off to the cinema.

We were dogshit the entire winter and as soon as the flowers start to bud Bruno is doing Maradona turns and no look passes. I'm sorry Gawalls, my guy but you're gonna be a fucking botanist by the time we lift the league trophy.

On 03/03/2024 at 21:29, 500bhp said:

Next item on his to do list is to work out a way to play Gordon and Barnes together from the start of a game. On paper that's a brilliant forward line alongside Isak. 40-50 goals between them is achievable. 

I would much rather keep them both as LWs to have quality cover, and get a new RW in the summer.

Both Gordon and Barnes thrives on cutting inside, which they won't be able to do nearly as good on their weaker foot.

With Livramento being the long term answer at right back could we see him pushing forward to supply the width, the right sided CM of 3 covering slightly deeper with Gordon then drifting into a 10 position allowing another perhaps Barnes to play the left of the forward line?

Edited by KDT

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

iirc, you need to fuck off to the Garden Centre, and @SiLvOR needs to fuck off to the cinema.

We were dogshit the entire winter and as soon as the flowers start to bud Bruno is doing Maradona turns and no look passes. I'm sorry Gawalls, my guy but you're gonna be a fucking botanist by the time we lift the league trophy.

And doesn't someone need to make sure Jill's in the kitchen, or have I imagined that?

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

Beren and his kids to be banned from viewing matches at the stadium as well iirc?

(safety smiley :) )

1 hour ago, DahnSahf said:

And doesn't someone need to make sure Jill's in the kitchen, or have I imagined that?

:lol: Yup. @Gawalls Garden Centre.

@Jill Engaged in domestic tasks

@SiLvOR at the cinema.

We're gonna win a fucking treble.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Beren and his kids to be banned from viewing matches at the stadium as well iirc?

(safety smiley :) )

@Beren we've never won a single match he's attended. Get his picture up at the entrances.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

@Beren we've never won a single match he's attended. Get his picture up at the entrances.

My kids ffs :lol: You bastards.

[Never scored either :'(]

24 minutes ago, Shak said:

I was on an aeroplane for the first half of the Spurs game last season :lol:

Looks like ye flying every match day.