Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I like how they’re doing their due diligence and interviewing others too. However, my profile picture says let’s just get Fonseca for the entertainment value.

21 minutes ago, MagCA said:

I like how they’re doing their due diligence and interviewing others too. However, my profile picture says let’s just get Fonseca for the entertainment value.

Wasn't Bruce 11th choice when he was appointed? :lol: 

6 hours ago, Scribble said:

I know what you mean and feel the same.

When Rafa was here, it seemed the only thing holding him back was not having owners who matched his ambitions for the team.

Now they are here, it's a shame he isn't. However, now he's at Everton and he's not one to break a contract.

I am excited to see who we get in though and I think we can all agree whoever it is will be far better than what we've just had.

I wonder if there’s a buy out clause in his contract? Throw money at the Scouse Mackems an offer they can’t refuse and he could come home head held high and retain his integrity. 

Obviously we are in the B or even group C of managers (probably group F before takeover :lol:) and we currently have to except that in the position we are in. Bit of a concern about his defensive record, but he's a 100% improvement on Bruce. Just need to stay up this year (even 17th - still think Burnley, Norwich and Watford will be the 3) as otherwise the plans are put back by at least 2 years. 

13 hours ago, Conjo said:

Fonseca has been managing since 2005. Hardly up and coming :lol: 

True but he's not managed in the Prem is how I should of worded it, he's going to have a challenge keeping us up but his style of football looks good, god knows how our defence will cope with playing out from the back.

5 hours ago, Geordie Magpie said:

True but he's not managed in the Prem is how I should of worded it, he's going to have a challenge keeping us up but his style of football looks good, god knows how our defence will cope with playing out from the back.

So Klopp, Pep, Ole, Nuno etc etc hadn't managed in the premier league.  Think you have bought into the myth that the PL is some kind of mystical league and only those who have managed within in, can succeed?

4 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

This needs to happen. Fonseca, whilst a different echelon to Bruce, is still a bit meh for me - Spurs decided against him after all. Ten Hag for me like. 

He's got my vote, I wouldn't mind Jones for a few more games if it gets this deal over the line 

The Premier League has had plenty of successful managers who came with no experience of coaching in England. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Mancini, Poch, Nuno, Mou, Rafa, Bielsa to name a few. It's total bollocks that previous experience is required to do a decent job.

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Premier League has had plenty of successful managers who came with no experience of coaching in England. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Mancini, Poch, Nuno, Mou, Rafa, Bielsa to name a few. It's total bollocks that previous experience is required to do a decent job.

It’s purely to protect their PFMs that have been a shoe-in for Premier League jobs in the past.  Same mentality that baulked at us keeping Rafa in the championship.  ‘Get Nigel Pearson in’

Nah, get fucked.