Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I’d be in favour of replacing the manager with an England flag and a voice recorder that emits the phrase “Stop the boats” at deafening decibels. When we score it emits the phrase “we’ve got our country back”

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

The next English manager who says he does not want to manage England should be ordered to ring the parents of a soldier who has died serving his country in Afghanistan and tell them his reasons.

Futurama Squinting GIF

On 01/06/2024 at 14:40, andycap said:

Doesn't necessarily need to be an out and out defensive midfielder just a midfielder with good positional sense and a turn of pace. 

Tonali?

38 minutes ago, sempuki said:

We really could do without this nonsense.

Can't even imagine how much it would set us back if this somehow happened.

At least some of the moaners would be happy then. And then we'll see which genius comes in next and does better, like they all think is such a given.

He's doing a fantatastic job of getting the best out if players, many of whom are English, so he is the perfect candidate and likewise he'd actually play attractive football, front foot football instead of the absolute snoozefest that is England up until the last 16 games.

Mind, England can get to fuck.

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

He's doing a fantatastic job of getting the best out if players, many of whom are English, so he is the perfect candidate and likewise he'd actually play attractive football, front foot football instead of the absolute snoozefest that is England up until the last 16 games.

Mind, England can get to fuck.

That’s what Eddie would tell them too. Maybe put a little more diplomatically mind [emoji38]

49 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not worried about it, but I do think Howe would be interested in it.

Really? I reckon he'd absolutely hate it at this stage of his career. Limited time to work with an often changing squad, some of which aren't necessarily conditioned to work as relentlessly as we know he wants his teams to work. 

He's got a good thing going on here with a team he's building and ambitious owners. Can't see him trading that in.

Also his favourite part of the job is coaching and he basically won't get to do that for England. I can see him maybe doing it for a bit later on when he's burnt himself out here, but I'd be shocked if he went now.

On balance I think he'd probably stay with us but chances like that are pretty rare, and England should have a decent run at the World Cup in two years' time. Think you're a bit naive if you're absolutely certain he wouldn't entertain it.

I think some of you might look a bit silly. If England want him, I think he would listen and be interested. If you thought you could bring a World Cup to England, surely you would give it a shot.

He might look at some of the criticism he got last year from a section of our support and say fuck it see yous later.

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I think some of you might look a bit silly. If England want him, I think he would listen and be interested. If you thought you could bring a World Cup to England, surely you would give it a shot.

He would look silly 😜 No better than Ashworth. He’s got a job to do here, and finish it he bloody well better 😁

I don't think he'd take it purely because he seems to love being in and around the coaching environment every day, rather than the stop-start nature of international management.

Do think he'll get the job one day mind you, just think (and hope) it isn't yet.

Is there an England manager in recent times, other than Bobby Robson, who’s gone on and had a successful career post England?

If I was him I’d be interested in 10 years when I’ve been a success at my club. 

11 minutes ago, Big River said:

:lol: not a fucking chance he'd leave us to manage England

if anyone is seriously worried about this, you don't know enough about Eddie Howe.

If he was 20 years older I would be, he's said before it's his ultimate job. Right now it seems unlikely though, he's a workaholic and wouldn't be able to handle not training players every day.

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

He might look at some of the criticism he got last year from a section of our support and say fuck it see yous later.

Probably reading In here too, just to gauge the fans and see if he should GTF [emoji38]

Pretty sure that the last time this was discussed and he flat out refused it as an option. He needs the day-to-day grind and being out on the training pitch with a club side. It’s too early in his career to consider the role 

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

He'd be the outstanding English candidate for the job, so not surprising this speculation comes up every now and again.

Doesn't mean he'd want it and in terms of the way he works and at this point in his career, I don't think it would suit him for a lot of years. Think he's shrewd enough and invested enough in club management to realise that.

As to your point, rather than blaming a couple of oddball fans that the vast majority think are daft, IF he was going to walk from here, it would be much more likely to be because of internal politics such as if there was any clash with the likes of the fondly remembered Ashworth, in my opinion.

I imagine working with the England squad would massively appeal to him. Depends how much he wants the day to day coaching of club football