Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Bitterly disappointed with his tactics 

We have no clue whatsoever in our build up play - no fluidity - players can barely pass a ball

His subs are poor

I don’t think his tactics were terrible today. His part in the summer shitshow on the other hand… We desperately needed 2 attacking players and signed Osula who he doesn’t want to play.

2 minutes ago, 1892er said:

I don't think this one's on Howe. An amazing goal line clearance, missed penalty, Gordan's chance and just generally some poor performances from some players. If Isak plays I'm pretty sure we win that. 

Everton were shit though. 

It’s not like we strangled them and stopped them from playing. They were just shit. 

Just now, Jack27 said:

Brighton (H)

Chelsea (A)

Chelsea (H)

Arsenal (H)

next four are rough for the boss

Those are the kind of games we pull out the best performances in though.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t look a well coached side. 

This - none of this bollocks we have lost 1 in 7 - we have had a piss easy start - in 7 games we’ve played well in 1, average in the other 6

These performances are not good enough - it’s really concerning 

Maybe getting the likes of Isak and Wilson will help

The next 4 matches are huge - will determine what direction we are going in 

Just now, The Butcher said:

Aye, nowt to do with away form over the last year and performances so far this season. :thup:

There was nothing wrong with our tactics or intent in that game. We looked back to our best at pressing away from home. It’s not Eddie’s fault we can’t finish 

Thought the performance was decent, and that there where signs of us getting back to high performance levels. It wasn't an amazing display by any means, but it wasn't utter horseshit like some are claiming. Ultimately he can't legislate for poor finishing. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Everton were shit though. 

It’s not like we strangled them and stopped them from playing. They were just shit. 

They were shit most definitely. I just don't think Eddie did much wrong today.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Those are the kind of games we pull out the best performances in though.

Why does it take those fixtures for us to play decent? Why not apply the same intensity to games like Everton? Fulham?

12 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Aye, nowt to do with away form over the last year and performances so far this season. :thup:

Did you watch the match or just the result? 

13 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Why does it take those fixtures for us to play decent? Why not apply the same intensity to games like Everton? Fulham?

Was a total different type of game to what we'd play against them teams though. Everton let us have the ball and we struggled to break them down. Don't think it was a lack of intensity

19 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

I don't know enough about the intricacies and politics surrounding our transfer dealings.

If Howe desperately wanted another senior striker, then he's been sold down the river.

If he didn't, after the last season, he's just as culpable. 

I don't think another senior striker was feasible if we couldn't get rid of Wilson, but if we broaden your point out to a creative RW, I agree.

I don't hate tonight's performance. We had just about everything except genuine goalscoring threat.

Hopefully people can see now that just because we scored a lot of goals last season, it doesn't mean we were actually good going forwards, just rampaging, which is different.

We’ve got no ideas against low blocks. He works on the attack and we offer nothing in it. 2 games this week alone we’ve offered nothing when the oppositions sat back. 

Can't really fault him for anything today.

Suppose you could argue based on what we saw that Almiron starting ahead of Murphy might have been a better call, Miggy looked sharp and tried to get on the ball I thought.

We controlled that game for the majority of the 90 minutes and had the penalty gone on I'm fairly confident we close it out without much issue.

Today was a consequence of what we did in the summer. Or didn't do, more accurately. Some of which is Eddie's responsibility.

We have three really good front players in Gordon, Barnes and Isak. The drop off on quality after them is absolutely immense. A past it striker whose body is gone, a raw kid who they clearly don't think is ready to play and two wingers who offer work rate and almost nothing in the way of quality on the ball.

There's not a team in the Premier League that Jacob Murphy could start for at RW and be a real asset to his side. Had we had a player who can actually contribute something in general play there I'd expect today we'd have found a goal.

There's also the issue of our midfield. We still haven't added a player with any ability to unlock a team in the final third. Tonali looks like he'll be a player, but he seems to me more like an upgrade on Joelinton. Meanwhile, we've extended Joelinton go presumably play alongside him.