Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, buzz said:

Maybe no managers have actually been contacted yet. Not until the DOF comes in?

It’s been widely reported that the consortium/Staveley were impressed by Fonseca in interview. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It’s been widely reported that the consortium/Staveley were impressed by Fonseca in interview. 

No it wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Via the leaks from his agent. ;)

Lots of reports we have interviewed multiple candidates though. Favre and Fonseca are the only two that have been mentioned in that respect. 

Edited by toontownman

17 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

No it wasn't.

Yes it was? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/21/newcastle-willing-offer-paulo-fonseca-6m-season-impressing-amanda/

“Newcastle to offer Fonseca 6m a season after he impresses Amanda Staveley in interview”

many other sites too? Eg:

“As a coach with a specific identity, the Portuguese reportedly impressed Amanda Staveley and co. during an interview for the Magpies job” from…

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1510285/newcastle-united-news-paulo-fonseca-amanda-staveley-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league/amp

Edited by Manxst
Edit for links

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Via the leaks from his agent. ;)

Lots of reports we have interviewed multiple candidates though. Favre and Fonseca are the only two that have been mentioned in that respect. 

Don’t care who it’s leaked from. The point was, that we have interviewed prospective managers.

For what it's worth, Martinez came across very well in the BBC documentary about Belgium's World Cup run.

I don't like him and don't rate him very highly, but there's no doubt he's an absolute world apart from the feckless morons and utter pond life we've had managing us recently.

29 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Looks like Martinez has the job Graeme Jones has been told he will stay on so Martinez and jones together again.

Suppose its less of a gamble with someone who has experience in the premier league.

and a safe short term appointment.

Jones was told that when Bruce was sacked, so don’t know how you can come to that conclusion 

No reports of an approach, not even a mention that he's a favourite. We've always known Martinez is on the so-called shortlist but a frontrunner per-se hasn't been found yet, they're taking their time I imagine (Fonseca, Favre spoken to at least, Howe I think has had talks via Zoom) 

Edited by nbthree3

Martinez was the catalyst for our rise to the Premier League, well loved by the fans, he even said as many managers do, how he'd have to be dragged out of our club. After 1 1/2 years in League One and 1 in the Championship he was less than dragged away by the Premier league's mighty Wigan.

Not sure how he's progressed in style, but with us he was very attack minded, wasn't too keen on defence, he didn't mind the team letting in 3 as long as we scored 4. Very exciting times.

I don't think he would have got us up though, when he left we had Paulo Sousa for a year, a much needed change. Sousa worked on our defence and most scores were 1-0, 0-1 or 0-0, the latter most I think. Sousa was p[oached by Leicester and in come Rodgers who took us up.

Be fun seeing what Martinez would do, Keegan-esk I would think.