Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

So Mr Fonzerelli, in words of no more than one syllable can you tell us why you want the job?

"For the third time, Mr Charnley. I just work in the canteen and am bringing you your sandwich."

Oh no Amanda! I done it again!

I'm not convinced by Fonseca or Favre but the fact both are available and seemingly falling overthemelves to come, it seems mental for the new owners to consider the likes of Terry, lampard or martinez...nor will they imo.

They will want a home run appointment with fans if they can get it. They have their ear close enough to the ground to know some of the names linked will be and already are divisive with fans. I'd be shocked if they did that. Also fair to say any appointment will likely have a few detractors but some stand out clear as not being fully accepted from the start. It's all about getting someone with Charisma and/or the ability to unite the team and fanbase.

"Trust the process" .......destroy it if it's terry. Lol

I wish I had the spell Martinez seems to have over people in positions of power in my own career like. Failing upwards with Swansea to Wigan to Everton to Belgium and linked with loads of top jobs whilst never showing anything to suggest he's any good at the top level. An F.A Cup with Wigan and a season of nice football with Everton are about as good as it gets. For all the worry from some about someone like Howe, I'd take him and probably everyone else who's been linked over Martinez without hesitation. I remember that second season at Everton in particular as being really, really bad. 

Edited by kisearch

Yeah, we don't want to think about winning cups at this stage :lol:

Staying up is our only objective this season and Martinez has a shit record in the PL. I would support him if he comes in, but i would be far from optimistic about our prospects.

Edited by Klaus

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Martinez now the bookies favourite at 13/2, with Favre second at 7/1 and Fonseca in third with 9/1. Not that the odds mean anything at all. 

They will because it’s Martinez and no one wants him 😂

Guest reefatoon

If Jones has been in their ear regarding Martinez then he needs a good kick in the bollocks. Probably doing it as he knows he would be kept on.

I'm no big fan of Martinez but if we aren't going to get a triple aaa class manager in immediately he may do fine to start to rebuild the team. I do worry about our defense under him though, but thats true of half the proposed managers

4 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

where is @Ando7when you need him!

Give us something positive for the love of god  

You need something, for sure. Return ticket to RTG maybe? Something positive for the rest of us was being sold only three weeks ago, and Bruce going two weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Is Martinez really that bad? Doesn't he at least play decent football, would surely be still a big upgrade on Bruce for a season or two.

He would be an unmitigated disaster. Not what we need as interim, medium or longer term.

In my opinion obviously.

Edited by George Bailey
spelling

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Unai Emery now favourite, it’s just people putting random bets on

Don't know why people can't understand this..its not a big market so any half decent punt makes waves 

Had a look at Ryder's most recent piece, just a theory because Jones has worked together in the past with him. https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-graeme-jones-press-22012760

"The Martinez situation is interesting.

For a start, the club already hold a dossier on the Belgium boss after he emerged as a leading candidate in 2019 when Bruce eventually got the job.

Whether he is allowed to do both jobs at international level and at United is another big question.

But if Amanda Staveley and the powers that be have asked Jones, and the man who interviewed Martinez in 2019 Lee Charnley, their opinions, it's hard to imagine the former Wigan manager's name not cropping up in conversation."

And Jones is on the record saying they have the same football outlook having worked together for so long both as a player and in coaching 

Edited by nbthree3

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Had a look at Ryder's most recent piece, just a theory because Jones has worked together in the past with him. https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-graeme-jones-press-22012760

The Martinez situation is interesting.

For a start, the club already hold a dossier on the Belgium boss after he emerged as a leading candidate in 2019 when Bruce eventually got the job.

Whether he is allowed to do both jobs at international level and at United is another big question.

But if Amanda Staveley and the powers that be have asked Jones, and the man who interviewed Martinez in 2019 Lee Charnley, their opinions, it's hard to imagine the former Wigan manager's name not cropping up in conversation.

And Jones is on the record saying they have the same football outlook having worked together for so long both as a player and in coaching 

Fully believe the Belgian FA would have leaked something if we were talking to their manager, remember we have to approach them first to talk to him, especially if he’s had an interview 

Edited by nufcnick