Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It's daft trying to knock Howe's achievements with Bournemouth, like. He's quite clearly got something about him, the only reason he's not had a job since is down to purely his reluctance to leave the area.

However, Emery is on a different level and has a much bigger pull when it comes to attracting players to the project. His knowledge of the foreign markets and European experience is massive and we have a much higher celing with him. 

Just caching up on all of this. I would he absolutely delighted with Emery personally, fingers crossed it comes off and the deal doesn't fall down at the final few hurdles. 

Nowhere for the players to hide with a manager of this calibre coming in. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

It's daft trying to knock Howe's achievements with Bournemouth, like. He's quite clearly got something about him, the only reason he's not had a job since is down to purely his reluctance to leave the area.

However, Emery is on a different level and has a much bigger pull when it comes to attracting players to the project. His knowledge of the foreign markets and European experience is massive and we have a much higher celing with him. 

Oh aye Emery all day over Howe, but if Emery wasn’t an option I’d not be against Howe.

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I would, can't spend big money for shit. Wed just end up signing semi failing youngsters from the top 4

Think it’s easy convincing £20-25m players to Bournemouth when even the likes of us, Palace, West Ham are a much bigger attraction?

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

I would, can't spend big money for shit. Wed just end up signing semi failing youngsters from the top 4

Yep have to agree, Howe would fall under the same level as Martinez for me, no thanks, and it would be a gutter now if it wasn't Emery (still think it will be mind)

Don't think anyone hates Howe except that weird lad that used to post on here. It's just that Bournemouth were always defensively dodgy and maybe wouldn't be the best fit for the players Newcastle have, when the manager really need to hit the ground running. Add to that that Emery is the alternative and is a proven higher calibre of manager at this point, so it's understandable that he's preferred. Not taking anything away from what Howe did at Bournemouth or his ability as a coach, especially on the attacking side of things.

Howe would have been a very good appointment after Rafa, when he already had a solid defence in place that he could build from. He would be the completely wrong option now though in the state we're in. 

8 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Don't think anyone hates Howe except that weird lad that used to post on here. It's just that Bournemouth were always defensively dodgy and maybe wouldn't be the best fit for the players Newcastle have, when the manager really need to hit the ground running. Add to that that Emery is the alternative and is a proven higher calibre of manager at this point, so it's understandable that he's preferred. Not taking anything away from what Howe did at Bournemouth or his ability as a coach, especially on the attacking side of things.

Bingo. 

44 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Do find it weird how the 'good ebening' thing seems to be a stick to beat Emery with

His English is a lot better than most people's Spanish and they usually pronounce a 'v' as a 'b' anyway in Spain. Just seems a bit cheap I guess

Is it known if Spanish is his first language? It's possible he could be Basque first then Spanish