Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

The thing is, I haven't even been critical of them about the manager search. I've praised the (upcoming) appointment of Emery but thought it could've been concluded sooner. 

I've criticised them over not binning off Bruce immediately, even more so after they made it public knowledge via the press that he'd be gone before Spurs which removed what little authority Bruce had left. It was a mistake, end of.

It is my opinion they had a bad week or so on the basis of the above. I didn't want them to replace Bruce with anyone, it was just clear his presence was a massive hindrance. Unfortunately, Jones has gone with the same players and formations in the subsequent games.

It's not bed wetting or whatever you wish to call it, just analysing the situation as I see it. If we go down by less than 3 points then keeping Bruce for that game could be the difference as Spurs was winnable.

They've now got a top manager for us which is great and they deserve huge credit for it. It doesn't make you right and me wrong or vise versa. Only time will tell on that.

And it's ok to have a difference of opinion without calling people clowns etc.

Anyway, we're all happy now so roll on the appointment being confirmed and hopefully a change in fortunes.

I might have misread today, but did we approach Emery on the Friday before the Spurs game and he was unsure about it? They then went and did other interviews and due diligence before coming back to him?

Happy with the appointment should it go through, it is a clear difference from previous regime where it ultimately seemed like they just went scrapping the bottom of the list. 

13 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

The thing is, I haven't even been critical of them about the manager search. I've praised the (upcoming) appointment of Emery but thought it could've been concluded sooner. 

I've criticised them over not binning off Bruce immediately, even more so after they made it public knowledge via the press that he'd be gone before Spurs which removed what little authority Bruce had left. It was a mistake, end of.

It is my opinion they had a bad week or so on the basis of the above. I didn't want them to replace Bruce with anyone, it was just clear his presence was a massive hindrance. Unfortunately, Jones has gone with the same players and formations in the subsequent games.

It's not bed wetting or whatever you wish to call it, just analysing the situation as I see it. If we go down by less than 3 points then keeping Bruce for that game could be the difference as Spurs was winnable.

They've now got a top manager for us which is great and they deserve huge credit for it. It doesn't make you right and me wrong or vise versa. Only time will tell on that.

And it's ok to have a difference of opinion without calling people clowns etc.

Anyway, we're all happy now so roll on the appointment being confirmed and hopefully a change in fortunes.

There's difference of opinion, and then there's just being just a joyless tit (I am not calling you this). Just as it's ok to have a difference opinion, it's also ok to call people out for going into absolute hysterics, which some on here have obviously done. 

My friend just was told that her cancer spread all over into her brain, adrenal gland, and bones, yet she is much, much cheerier than some on here. If she can find a bit of joy in life, then most on here should be able.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

2 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

I might have misread today, but did we approach Emery on the Friday before the Spurs game and he was unsure about it? They then went and did other interviews and due diligence before coming back to him?

Happy with the appointment should it go through, it is a clear difference from previous regime where it ultimately seemed like they just went scrapping the bottom of the list. 

I think I heard Craig Hope say that on talksport. We'll never know all the ins and outs but thankfully, provided the deal gets signed they've given us as good a manager as we could've hoped for.

25 minutes ago, Peppe said:

I don't get this "doesn't have relegation battle experience".

What experience would that be? Surely it's no different from the rest of the season, just try to win games and pick up points? Or is there a secret way of going about it that only managers who have been in relegation battles before know about? :lol:

It’s something English journalists have come up with in order to big up English managers, who are usually not good enough to manage the top teams. No English manager has won the PL.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

An arsenal supporting mate mentioned by the end most players looked like they didnt know what they were supposed to be doing? Which goes against what I read about his tactical prowess and discipline.

Do you think players had just given up on him at that point? There were rotten eggs around him that you mentioned? 

I wonder whether super high intensity all the time wears players down over time to the point they are mentally broken? Hence being a good short term manager but long term struggling? If he gets the players/characters he needs (with  a good DOF appointment) that should be less of a problem. If things go to plan I don't see much more than a handful or so of the current squad being here in a year or so.

I don't know, like, Alex Ferguson was pretty intense :lol:

50 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

Fuck off Gullit 

Don’t think what he said was that bad? Clearly still likes NUFC despite how things panned out. Mentions liking the club/city and the crowd. Mentions he’s not sure why we would go for Emery who is a good coach but failed at Arsenal and the PL. Mentions big four are preferred destination for the top players which we know is the case. Asked if this will change he says he ‘doesn’t know’ but hopes it will.

1 minute ago, Anderson said:

Spanish press claiming we've not even spoke to him. :lol: 

This better come off, spent all day thinking it's a foregone conclusion ffs.

Is that not just rehashed off the other day when Emery apparently said he hadn't spoken to us?

18 minutes ago, Collage said:

It’s something English journalists have come up with in order to big up English managers, who are usually not good enough to manage the top teams. No English manager has won the PL.

Exactly, it’s just code for “hire a British manager”.

7 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Spanish press claiming we've not even spoke to him. :lol: 

This better come off, spent all day thinking it's a foregone conclusion ffs.

If it wasn't true he would have denied it pre game for sure. Must be in players minds and of course the fans. Might well be he hasn't fully decided but he has definitely spoken to us. Papers have quotes from the interview. That would be a new level of brazen if it's not true.

This narrative that he "failed" at Arsenal seems very odd. His first season was better than Wenger's previous, he had poor start to his second season and then Arsenal bootted him out in November, and they've been even shitter ever since. Seems odd that because Arsenal sacked him prematurely that it means he's a Premier League flop. It's such a shit narrative and narrow view.

Edited by hakka

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

If it wasn't true he would have denied it pre game for sure. Must be in players minds and of course the fans. Might well be he hasn't fully decided but he has definitely spoken to us. Papers have quotes from the interview. That would be a new level of brazen if it's not true.

I would be very surprised that all this had came out if he hadn’t already agreed the contract, especially with nothing leaking out for the past 2 weeks