Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Ruud Gullit signed TWENTY NINE players at Newcastle. That is more than 2 a month in the whole time he was here :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ruud-gullit/spielertransfers/trainer/1273/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=2336

That’s definitely wrong. Not including youths I remember him signing Ferguson, Maric, Domi, Saha on loan, Dumas, Karelse, Goma, Dyer, Marcelino then Wright on loan. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

27 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Don't think anyone hates Howe except that weird lad that used to post on here. It's just that Bournemouth were always defensively dodgy and maybe wouldn't be the best fit for the players Newcastle have, when the manager really need to hit the ground running. Add to that that Emery is the alternative and is a proven higher calibre of manager at this point, so it's understandable that he's preferred. Not taking anything away from what Howe did at Bournemouth or his ability as a coach, especially on the attacking side of things.

I think he's back, tbh. And he's brought friends!

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Ruud Gullit signed TWENTY NINE players at Newcastle. That is more than 2 a month in the whole time he was here :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ruud-gullit/spielertransfers/trainer/1273/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=2336

Eh that's not right. He didn't sign Hamann, Guivarch, Gallacher, Fumaca, solano, glass, brady, serrant, Pistone.. 

I don't get this "doesn't have relegation battle experience".

What experience would that be? Surely it's no different from the rest of the season, just try to win games and pick up points? Or is there a secret way of going about it that only managers who have been in relegation battles before know about? :lol:

Had an extensive 30 second glance at some Arsenal forums and their Reddit and they generally seem to wish him well and think he's a good manager, that'll dee me. Hopefully that's representative [emoji38]

Edited by TheHoob

4 minutes ago, Peppe said:

I don't get this "doesn't have relegation battle experience".

What experience would that be? Surely it's no different from the rest of the season, just try to win games and pick up points? Or is there a secret way of going about it that only managers who have been in relegation battles before know about? :lol:

One must surrender to the teachings of Big Sam and his anointed, Sammy Lee.

1 minute ago, TheHoob said:

Had an extensive 30 second glance at some Arsenal forums and their Reddit and they generally seem to wish him well and think he's a good manager, that'll dee me. 

They don't hound their managers out and give them personal abuse like the scum in the North East

Just now, Klaus said:

They don't hound their managers out and give them personal abuse like the scum in the North East

are they saying that because they realize Mikel "steve bruce is one of the most important english managers in past 100 years" Arteta was maybe rushed into the job and Emery was not given enough time?

Just now, Joey Linton said:

He improved Arsenal's league position in his one season there and the bloke who since replaced him hasn't matched it, all while getting to a European final at the same time. Really don't understand the "failed at arsenal" thing at all. 

Plus, he was always on a hiding to nothing, trying to follow on from Wenger's legacy. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

No one in their right minds are criticising the owners other than yourself and the likes of New Beginnings because you simply couldn’t give them the patience required for 13 days since Bruce left. They deserved our patience after they hung around for so long to buy our club, yet you wanted them to immediately sack Bruce and appoint God knows who without a thorough process being undertaken. What they have done is the correct thing. If they get things wrong going forward, then by all means they can be criticised- no one will be above that- but come on, they’ve only been here a few weeks and you think you know better than they do about running a club. There has been no ‘delay’ other than in your own mind and what you now perceive to be the correct way/time of making decisions. I’ve called no one out other than to say your lack of patience and need of immediate action by the owners is a little bizarre and panic like.  

The thing is, I haven't even been critical of them about the manager search. I've praised the (upcoming) appointment of Emery but thought it could've been concluded sooner. 

I've criticised them over not binning off Bruce immediately, even more so after they made it public knowledge via the press that he'd be gone before Spurs which removed what little authority Bruce had left. It was a mistake, end of.

It is my opinion they had a bad week or so on the basis of the above. I didn't want them to replace Bruce with anyone, it was just clear his presence was a massive hindrance. Unfortunately, Jones has gone with the same players and formations in the subsequent games.

It's not bed wetting or whatever you wish to call it, just analysing the situation as I see it. If we go down by less than 3 points then keeping Bruce for that game could be the difference as Spurs was winnable.

They've now got a top manager for us which is great and they deserve huge credit for it. It doesn't make you right and me wrong or vise versa. Only time will tell on that.

And it's ok to have a difference of opinion without calling people clowns etc.

Anyway, we're all happy now so roll on the appointment being confirmed and hopefully a change in fortunes.