Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, christ said:

Dubravka can play out from the back. It’s one of the reasons Rafa signed him. Darlow on the other hand…

We don’t have any real pace at the back and I don’t think any of our defenders could adapt to a pressing game. We’ll have to spend in Jan.

I'm assuming he has a plan B. The Emery teams we saw in the Europa league against us, and the Sevilla team against Liverpool were not the sort of team we tried to be. So I'm guessing from those matches that he can set up a team to defend and play a more direct style. He was organised in those games, also in the final against United.  Which makes me think our experience with his more attacking football won't be seen at NUFC for a year at least

Edited by TopSnagger

4 minutes ago, christ said:

Dubravka can play out from the back. It’s one of the reasons Rafa signed him. Darlow on the other hand…

We don’t have any real pace at the back and I don’t think any of our defenders could adapt to a pressing game. We’ll have to spend in Jan.

I think Lewis might be a good makeshift in that kind of system until the January window at the very least. I can see him getting a lot more game time over the next couple of months because Ritchie at left back is an absolute disaster.

17 minutes ago, TopSnagger said:

Best of what Emery did at us (Were some awful moments in between too). But you'll notice fullbacks pushing up high and overlapping and sending in many short crosses 

He's also very open with his feelings on the touchline 

An arsenal supporting mate mentioned by the end most players looked like they didnt know what they were supposed to be doing? Which goes against what I read about his tactical prowess and discipline.

Do you think players had just given up on him at that point? There were rotten eggs around him that you mentioned? 

I wonder whether super high intensity all the time wears players down over time to the point they are mentally broken? Hence being a good short term manager but long term struggling? If he gets the players/characters he needs (with  a good DOF appointment) that should be less of a problem. If things go to plan I don't see much more than a handful or so of the current squad being here in a year or so.

Interesting interview where Emery talks about why Arsenal's Board selected him and some of the issues he faced along the way. His time in the Premier League will be very helpful as well as his experience at PSG at managing big named players that we will inevitably sign  

Just now, toontownman said:

An arsenal supporting mate mentioned by the end most players looked like they didnt know what they were supposed to be doing? Which goes against what I read about his tactical prowess and discipline.

Do you think players had just given up on him at that point? There were rotten eggs around him that you mentioned? 

I wonder whether super high intensity all the time wears players down over time to the point they are mentally broken? Hence being a good short term manager but long term struggling? If he gets the players/characters he needs (with  a good DOF appointment) that should be less of a problem. If things go to plan I don't see much more than a handful or so of the current squad being here in a year or so.

I'm going by that that the guy supports Arteta? Like I know it's a random conclusion to draw, but that's what Arteta fans like to say about how the club was gone and then Tets rescued us from the abyss. Nah, but seriously we were 8th when he was sacked and finished 8th and then 8th again. Towards the end, we had some shocking games like I said previously, that Watford game was the absolute nadir. That said, there are mitigating factors

Emery wanted a midfielder, we didn't give him who he wanted. He wanted Zaha, we gave him Pepe. We never replaced Ramsey. And well, after that Europa League final, there were murmurs of Good Ebening jokes around the squad and a complete lack of respect. But you have to give it to Emery for introducing Emile who is doing well, introducing Saka who is doing well, introducing Willock who's now at yours, Douzi did well under him. So some positives but the seniors in Ozil and co had completely stopped responding to Emery. 

That said, yes, we were fucking woeful near the end, but that's pretty much the exception for him to be that bad at us and at PSG. He has been very good at other clubs by all accounts, and his first season, we were a point off top 4, and had we just got that point, it'd be a completely different story. He was very good in the first season, which is why I'm inclined to believe the second was a blip

Sadly some of our fans are now so patient with Arteta after Emery, even though he's been far worse. I think the players really did stop trying near the end, bar the younger members of the squad. 

8 minutes ago, TopSnagger said:

I'm going by that that the guy supports Arteta? Like I know it's a random conclusion to draw, but that's what Arteta fans like to say about how the club was gone and then Tets rescued us from the abyss. Nah, but seriously we were 8th when he was sacked and finished 8th and then 8th again. Towards the end, we had some shocking games like I said previously, that Watford game was the absolute nadir. That said, there are mitigating factors

Emery wanted a midfielder, we didn't give him who he wanted. He wanted Zaha, we gave him Pepe. We never replaced Ramsey. And well, after that Europa League final, there were murmurs of Good Ebening jokes around the squad and a complete lack of respect. But you have to give it to Emery for introducing Emile who is doing well, introducing Saka who is doing well, introducing Willock who's now at yours, Douzi did well under him. So some positives but the seniors in Ozil and co had completely stopped responding to Emery. 

That said, yes, we were fucking woeful near the end, but that's pretty much the exception for him to be that bad at us and at PSG. He has been very good at other clubs by all accounts, and his first season, we were a point off top 4, and had we just got that point, it'd be a completely different story. He was very good in the first season, which is why I'm inclined to believe the second was a blip

Sadly some of our fans are now so patient with Arteta after Emery, even though he's been far worse. I think the players really did stop trying near the end, bar the younger members of the squad. 

Cheers. Cracking insight.

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

Seriously if we end up with howe :suicide::lol:

So negative [emoji38]

I suppose it’s 14 years of Ashley that does that to us all. 

He wouldn’t entertain contract negotiations if he wasn’t interested.

The Howe hate isn't reserved solely for some weirdos on here. My Arsenal mate would go apoplectic any time he was even slightly linked to their job and that was when he was still doing well with Bournemouth. :lol: Seems to draw such a weird little hate crowd.