Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

1.Rafa

2.Fonseca

3.Farve

4.Howe

5.Martinez.

Who's gonna say no to us next out of these?

Rafa isn't leaving Everton and Everton aren't going to sack him either imo. So he's a no. Fonseca would take the job if offered, been interviewed, but all of our journalists are saying it's not him. Favre's had no news said about him since the original link afaik. Howe is probably the most likely given this week's stories. Martinez *shudder* I dunno.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Has to be said as well, while it didn't work out, I admire the ambition of the owners to aim for someone like Emery, fair play.

Unmitigated disaster not getting though ..its like Ashley is still here, we'll never have nice things.. its been a full 4 weeks and the new training facility  build doesnt even look like starting.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

Unmitigated disaster not getting though ..its like Ashley is still here, we'll never have nice things.. its been a full 4 weeks and the new training facility  build doesnt even look like starting.

They haven't even registered on Companies House as being the new owners yet. Still states it's Charnley running the show :tino:

Just now, et tu brute said:

They haven't even registered on Companies House as being the new owners yet. Still states it's Charnley running the show :tino:

Bloody amateurs.. Will definitely be at the out protests

1 minute ago, Robster said:
3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Fonseca is sounding desperate.

He is personally or the fact that some people might want him is desperate ?

Based on this, probably?

I wouldn't call it desperate, he's eager as a beaver! bring him home.

well this is all rather farcical, why the fuck did they leak with such certainty it will be Emery without actually being certain it's him no whoever comes in will appear second choice (at best) and as we've seen with Nuno at Spurs this week that's not a great position for a manager to be in at a club.

So that apparently leaves Howe someone who all told has a rather mixed record, he did superbly to bring Bournemouth up the divisions and get them established as a premier league club (albeit with a large chunk of cash from a rich owner but I suppose that's a good thing considering) but he failed to move them on and his big signings were generally expensive flops usually from Liverpool's reserves who must have cried once that reliable income went when he left Bournemouth. And he's barely ever left Bournemouth thus far with only 18 months at Burnley which wasn't that successful and given the way he dragged out talks with celtic only to say nah he'll probably turn us down anyway. They need to get someone with experience running a football club in asap because the idea that Charnley is the most competent person football wise in the boardroom right now is terrifying 

2 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

Based on this, probably?

Fonseca will be outside the ground in a Newcastle tracksuit soon, handing out copies of his CV 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Fonseca behaving like the eager lass at the bar. You're flattered, it's on a plate, but alarm bells are ringing.

But when it’s 10 minutes before closing time and you are getting desperate… 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Love Fonseca's enthusiasm man. 

If Fonseca is considered a risk and so you go for an Emery fair enough.

If the alternatives to Fonseca are Howe and Martinez, then for me the element of risk exists with all of those. 

Fonseca has managed at the highest level from those three and has won the most silverware. Do it.

3 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

Based on this, probably?

Ah ok, cheers. Hadn't seen that tweet. :thup:
While we shouldn't panic too much to employ just because Emery fell through, based on general consensus, he wouldn't be the worst appointment (I have no clue about him personally) and it'd get someone in quickly. 

We need a manager that's going to give the whole place a lift, and Emery with his experience of winning would have done that. Howe or Martinez won't lift the city or fanbase. Howe won't inspire potential singings either (Martinez has at least worked with world class players recently). These are both things we need, along with a manager with experience managing big clubs with demanding fans. Experience of winning trophies is also a bonus. 

Now is the time to re-evaluate and go for a bigger target, not settle for something uninspiring to many. If Howe and Martinez are the alternatives, then go offer Everton whatever it takes for Rafa. Or start the search again from scratch [emoji38]