Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, Wild Geese said:

Seems a likeable character, down to earth with no tickets on himself, could be a good fit for us at this juncture.

I believe the crowd will take to him owing to his down to earth attitude 

it’s a YES for me.

Deffo with this. I just hope the more fickle bunch give him a few games before the vitriol starts.

Likeable person and what he did with Bournmouth is pretty incredible.

Yep, right person and right time...

Maybe it’s just my suspicious mind but I’m surprised no one has thought about Emery’s links with PSG and the Qataris. “Unai, we don’t think the Newcastle job is for you, best you stay in Spain”. They love us, the Qataris.

My opinion is that he has thought about the reality of the situation; a team second bottom and without confidence, majority of players who are championship level at best and for him to leave a club that are in the champions league... doesn´t make sense and it could be a career destroyer for him if we went down even after Jan signings (nothing is guaranteed)!

You also wonder if his style might just suit Spanish football better than the prem, he has been great with his Spanish clubs but was not so great at Arsenal.

I would have like him here, but you can´t blame him for staying put.

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

Took Spurs what, a day and a half to get Conte?

They approached him in the summer and will undoubtedly have had everything agreed with him before sacking Nuno this time around.

We have money, so much money. Just use it to lure great manager, offer something that just can’t be rejected. Manager is more important than some £20 million signing. It is the most important choice for us in a very long time.

It is disappointing not getting Emery, but he was the caliber of a manager i did not think we could get right now. We are in real danger

of relegation and money wont help us until January.  Given our situation, i always thought that the Emery's and ten Hag's were going to be kind of
names we could be going for next, if we stay up. If the takeover would have been completed during the summer or we would be around mid-table now,
it surely would be completely different situation.

I think Howe would have enough to keep us up. That is the short-term priority. He does not seem anything like these PFM c***s and i remember his Bournemouth side
tried to play good football. He did very well with Bournemouth and who knows how what he could do with a bigger club. How far he could take this "process", remains to be seen.

It would have been great having a new manager before Brighton..but under Jones we can write the game off.

1 minute ago, Elephant said:

We have money, so much money. Just use it to lure great manager, offer something that just can’t be rejected. Manager is more important than some £20 million signing. It is the most important choice for us in a very long time.

Most managers are already getting good wages. We could obviously better that, but then provide next to zero chance of them winning a major trophy. Plus our infrastructure (training facility, medical facility, etc etc) is shit, we have zero other important staff (CEO, DoF etc) and our squad needs a total overhaul which will take more than a few transfer windows. Throwing money at it in this instance isn’t as easy as you suggest. 

Throwing money is all well and good for us, but any self respecting manager isn't going to join just for that reason alone.

If we had the workings of even a half decent PL side (Outrageous I even have to say that!) Then I would've fancied our chances a lot more with the likes of emery.

As it is we are a basket case from the boardroom down to the stadium maintenance team. 

31 minutes ago, RS said:

Emery’s agent leaked the approach to get him a pay rise. He was never coming. 

No matter what it will be a dumb move by Emery if he doesn't turn things around at Villareal quickly. They've been shit this season.

So this is where the 'trust the process' and the consortium saying they will do analyse and then make a decision.  If we are lead to believe that the process came out with Emery and Howe as the two front runners, then the consortium should now go after Howe.   If they dont and try for someone else, then they dont trust the process and the last 3 weeks will have been for nothing.

The above assume Emery and Howe reports are true of course!

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Most managers are already getting good wages. We could obviously better that, but then provide next to zero chance of them winning a major trophy. Plus our infrastructure (training facility, medical facility, etc etc) is shit, we have zero other important staff (CEO, DoF etc) and our squad needs a total overhaul which will take more than a few transfer windows. Throwing money at it in this instance isn’t as easy as you suggest. 

Infrastructure is so important. Conte on day one at Spurs said Im so impressed with the facilities here, I can't wait to.start work and it's made me even more determined to deliver world class results on the pitch to match the world class facilities they have off the pitch.

When someone who's been at many of the top clubs says that you know they will bring their a game and want to actually work all hours obsessively to get to success.

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yes, I do know this. I’m just tired that it seems we are still thinking small like with Ashley. There is a lot of great managers out there, who would love to have a chance at Premier League. Just seems we are not making the progress we should be.

This club is total mess at the moment and the structures are not there. But what we have is money and we really need to start using it to save us from going down. I’m one of those who have been constantly saying that it is better to make right choice rather than quick choice, but we really need to start making progress soon to save us.

We need to start making right decisions quicker. We have lots of people advising what to do, but don’t seem to have that person who has vision to do it. We need manager and we need DoF, just go for RALF RANGNICK!

Rangnick has done the same with RB Leipzig, worked as temporary manager before going DoF. He has so much vision and knowledge.

Give him the job and let him sort this out before going for world-class manager in the summer.

Edited by Elephant

Howe is laughing like. He'll get a great offer now. Seems a lot of people are OK with Howe because he talks a good story. Still better than the cabbage spewing out clichéd bollocks (and that was him at his very best)

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if Howe is cool with working under a sporting director.

He did so at Bournemouth and recommended the guy to join him at Celtic. Richard Hughes, I think.

1 minute ago, Chicane said:

Gotta be a bit weird rocking up to a job that you and the whole world knows you were at best the second choice for

Sure all the money bags help of course

It'll be Howes job to prove the owners wrong. 

Jones in charge for Brighton man. Howe is underwhelming but ffs just get him in charge ASAP.