Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Really coming around to the idea of Howe now, not a massive ego so less likely to throw his toys out of the pram, oversaw the development of Bournemouth through the leagues so will have some idea of building an infrastructure and facilities etc which he can have an input in. Clearly an intelligent guy who seems to communicate well which is what it seems modern footballers need instead of the "let's play" PFM bullshit.

Yes we might not get the Messi's etc in January but that is not what we need right now but I am sure he could attract players like Ramsey and linguard easily enough and this is what we need at this stage, good with the youth players by all accounts as well.

We might not get the instant couple of wins that we need straight away but I would be confident that he would have us in a good position with plenty of the season to spare, I also think he would see straight through the likes of shelvey etc and peddle them at the first opportunity. 

Just now, Chicane said:

I don't see much hype about him tbh :lol:

More a case of acceptance that he's the man now so let's try to look at the positives

I might have just made it up tbf [emoji38]

Always assumed he was seen as an upcoming English Pep. That may have passed years ago like I've been out the loop 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

He did so at Bournemouth and recommended the guy to join him at Celtic. Richard Hughes, I think.

Is that the guys responsible for Ibe and Solanke?

the signings they made during his tenure really are concerning. 

2 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Really coming around to the idea of Howe now, not a massive ego so less likely to throw his toys out of the pram, oversaw the development of Bournemouth through the leagues so will have some idea of building an infrastructure and facilities etc which he can have an input in. Clearly an intelligent guy who seems to communicate well which is what it seems modern footballers need instead of the "let's play" PFM bullshit.

Yes we might not get the Messi's etc in January but that is not what we need right now but I am sure he could attract players like Ramsey and linguard easily enough and this is what we need at this stage, good with the youth players by all accounts as well.

We might not get the instant couple of wins that we need straight away but I would be confident that he would have us in a good position with plenty of the season to spare, I also think he would see straight through the likes of shelvey etc and peddle them at the first opportunity. 

I watched those tactical videos with Howe and I thought there is no way Bruce would do anything like this or even know how to.

I've also come around to the idea of Howe, totally based on he's a million miles better than Bruce.

We've gotta get behind him and stop up this season.

If it is Howe then so be it, not really an exciting appointment but maybe, given the situation, practicality is the key.  

One thing is for sure, he'll never be offered a better opportunity than this.  It's up to him to make it work and prove his worth.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Personally as I’ve already said I think he will be an absolute disaster and that Caulkin article about vote being split, happy to work with Jones and worked before with Ritchie - fuck off man [emoji38]

Edited by et tu brute

All well and good commenting on his poor last season and shoddy transfer but you can’t overlook the previous 11 years he had there. Find it odd people say they “don’t rate” Howe - granted we haven’t seen enough of him at different top flight clubs, but the development of Bournemouth under him was frankly ridiculous. Ultimately many of the best managers often leave after a bad spell having taken the club as far as possible, but you can’t really judge them on their last spell. 

Edited by St. Maximin

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Aye, but also the likes of Brooks, Ramsdale, Cook, Begovic, Lermer, King, Mings, Wilson, Fraser, etc. Some stinkers are inevitable.

These leaks to Caulkin, et al are definitely a damage limitation exercise.

Fair play, they've acknowledged mistakes were made. It also seems they're buttering up Howe, before making an official approach. You'd think if he is their man, we'd hear something before the weekend.

Howe being 2nd choice and seen as ‘less exciting’, may well work in his favour if he is appointed, in terms of lower expectations and a bit less pressure. 

With time strumming short, I’d get him in now and offer a big bonus for keeping us up and every league position gained. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, but also the likes of Brooks, Ramsdale, Cook, Begovic, Lermer, King, Mings, Wilson, Fraser, etc. Some stinkers are inevitable.

Ake as well. 

Solanke and Ibe were clearly both terrible signings but you felt Bournemouth were shopping in a very different supermarket to everyone else, despite their Premier League status. 

Looking at the summer Ibe signed, the other wingers moving in the market were Townsend, Sissoko, Bolasie, Sane, Redmond, Januzaj, Feghouli... Bournemouth were never getting anywhere near any of them. Doesn't excuse poor scouting of course. 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

These leaks to Caulkin, et al are definitely a damage limitation exercise.

Fair play, they've acknowledged mistakes were made. It also seems they're buttering up Howe, before making an official approach. You'd think if he is their man, we'd hear something before the weekend.

Whilst simultaneously telling Emery that his interview was shit. 

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Personally as I’ve already said I think he will be an absolute disaster and that Caulkin article about vote being split, happy to work with Jones and worked before with Ritchie - fuck off man [emoji38]

Not sure what the problem is with the Jones and Ritchie part is?

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Great points, I think a lot of those players were bargain buys (Begovic was a pretty penny and established iirc however).

we have to spend very well due to FFP being a massive glass ceiling which protects the big clubs. 

I’m definitely one of those who has had a bit of a u-turn on Eddie Howe, watched some of the YouTube vids and he seems a very good choice considering the shite we’re in. I think this is a massive opportunity for him to progress his career also, it could be his “make or break” job. Went on a Bournemouth forum and they can’t believe he is thinking of joining us. They obviously rate him highly.

I just hope the owners get a move on, get him in and give him a chance to work with the squad during the international break. Let’s stop this fucking about and start the next chapter!

32 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Gotta be a bit weird rocking up to a job that you and the whole world knows you were at best the second choice for

Sure all the money bags help of course

How many clubs get their first choice?

Alex Ferguson was 3rd choice for Aberdeen back in the day,and look what happened.

Sometimes things work out unexpectedly in one's favour.

People seem to to forget we are still the same dysfunctional club.

Nothing has changed in the slightest apart from the ownership structure.

The club is a blank canvas, and its gonna take time bring in the people who can help reshape the club.

One of my main concerns with Howe is the transfer market, has he got a history of signing good players? Looking at the tactics video above some of the players in the team looked very uninspiring..