Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Shelveys Hair said:

They are waiting on Rafa Benitez, surely?

If Everton get stuffed off Spurs, he will more than likely be for the bullet.

No, I'd love it but it's definitely Howe.

I'll back that fucker 💯.

Vor 16 Stunden sagte der Prophet:

Ich frage mich, was mit Favre passiert ist. Vielleicht hat sie der Mangel an PL-Erfahrung abgeschreckt.

Ich habe letzte Woche gelesen, dass Newcastle einen Manager will, der bereits Erfahrung als Trainer in England hat. Ich erinnere mich nicht an den Namen, der das sagte. Er sagte auch, dass es für einen Trainer, der noch nie in England trainiert hat, schwierig ist, dann eine Mannschaft zu übernehmen, die derzeit um den Abstieg spielt. Ich teile diese Aussagen nicht. Favre hat viele Stärken und eine davon ist, dass er eine Mannschaft aufbauen kann und die Spieler besser macht.

20 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Be interesting to hear some Bournemouth fans opinion on him. Would assume they love him as much as we KK. 

They talk about in general with teams linked

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/where-will-eddie-be-this-season.14017/

and here

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/the-newcastle-takeover.11458/page-18

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Give him an 18 month contract. Keep us up, stabilise us for next season while keeping us out of a relegation battle, playing attacking football, there's a good base for the next guy and Howe's stock is higher than before. Everyone's a winner.

Few other good videos.

"I want to play good football as I want people to pay and enjoy watching my team" love that quote, fucking far cry from Bruceyball :lol: 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Still sure Howe won’t be the manager? Stop calling any legitimate criticism “bedwetting”. It’s massively immature. Not a single person wants them out or has even suggested anything near that. 

But at the same time there has been a lot of people needlessly being negative for negative sake, theres criticism and then there is what half this thread has been the last 24 hours. 

I respect what he accomplished at Bournemouth and he seems like a smart guy, but I have to say I’m pretty underwhelmed by Howe.

The next manager should either be A) someone who can keep us up and/or B) someone we’re willing to be relegated with because we’re investing in his long-term vision. Ideally both!

Howe doesn’t immediately check either box for me. More than willing to give him a chance and I hope it works out.

15 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Could have such a gap to bridge by the time  someone comes in and works with a poor squad to work out what works for us to grind results it won't matter how good the manager is right for the club. If we were midtable we all know very few would be replacing the underwear just yet as plenty of time but our situation darkens by the day and the coaches tasked with steadying the ship have failed. Has to be the balance but they have had weeks not days. 

The situations has been grime for 14 years, Don’t fool yourself into thinking this is Darker then any Bruce/Kinnear/Pardew/McLaren season. If anything it’s Brighter than it has ever been just got to get to the end of the tunnel.

The fact is the Whole club from top to bottom is being rebuilt with Manager/Dof taking priority how ever long that takes. 

How many points would we have gained if had already appointed manager to try and grind out results ? And don’t forget that’s what Bruce has been trying to do for over 2 fuckings years.

Sit back enjoy the ride with this one and only though in your mind.

Years 1-3 Stablise club, Invest in Team and Infrastructure.

Years 3-6 Push for Top 6 Cup runs, further Investments in Club

Years 6-10 Win League, become regular in Champions League, Fa Cup Win or League cup

Just now, Hudson said:

The situations has been grime for 14 years, Don’t fool yourself into thinking this is Darker then any Bruce/Kinnear/Pardew/McLaren season. If anything it’s Brighter than it has ever been just got to get to the end of the tunnel.

The fact is the Whole club from top to bottom is being rebuilt with Manager/Dof taking priority how ever long that takes. 

How many points would we have gained if had already appointed manager to try and grind out results ? And don’t forget that’s what Bruce has been trying to do for over 2 fuckings years.

Years 6-10 Win League, become regular in Champions League, Fa Cup Win or League cup

Source? :lol:

9 minutes ago, sacred said:

I read last week that Newcastle wanted a manager who had previous coaching experience in England. I don't remember the name that said that. He also said it would be difficult for a coach who has never trained in England to then take over a team that is currently playing for relegation. I do not share these statements. Favre has many strengths and one of them is that he can build a team and make the players better.

I agree, regarding Favre. I think maybe the PL experience is still a niggling problem for the owners. My concern would more be his fit as a character with the general public and whether there is anything in the ASM rumours. Like Emery will he be able to communicate clearly with players/the media/fans? I think we desperately need someone with class and dignity (which Favre has) but also some real charisma that can excite and inspire. I don't get that as a fan as much from Favre but he clearly has managed it with players. In terms playing style I think the concerns about Howe and our defence are very similar from what people that have watched Dortmund regularly have said about Favre. I think he would be a really solid appointment though if we went that route but can see the broader appeal of Howe as a communicator publicly. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

“I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?”

The Bournemouth forum all like him but this is basically my exact fear with this appointment. 

Well that’s it. All out attack until Jan. can’t be worse than the turgid BruceJones ball 

Just now, Awaymag said:

Source? :lol:

On what my timeline to success 

If so then there ain’t one it’s a personal opinion based on 40 years of planning  and doing Business. Not once did I claim it to be fact.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Beth said:

Its fair to say this new lot have made the preverbial howling cunt of things since they took over.

No they haven't.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

“I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?”

The Bournemouth forum all like him but this is basically my exact fear with this appointment. 

I heartily disagree with that statement about not having the tools for free flowing attacking football. We absolutely do. To do it effectively and not get abolished in defense, that is definitely a problem!

To be fair to Jones, we have seen improvements in the defence the past two games, we shall see how we look at the weekend. It is the central midfield and LB especially that is an issue. On their day some of our midfielders have the capability but they look too far gone, we wont see instant improvement for sure. 

19 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Well it’s on them that Jones is still in charge for Brighton, it’s on them Bruce wasn’t binned immediately. I mean Ashley is gone now, it’s insane you can’t make the slightest bit of criticism of them. The fact people don’t think it’s a mess that we publicly briefed the world that Emery would be our new manager and then he released a statement saying he was staying? Yeah not a a mess at all. All the while we are getting further cut off from our rivals , and look to be throwing away more points this weekend. Not saying I want them out, but imagine not thinking the Emery thing was a total mess lol 

Lol

12 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Not really disagreeing with 

1. slow build 

2 doing things right and not rushing

3. limiting mistakes as much as possible to impede growth and cause setbacks. 

We are playing "what if" here is all as we dont know what has gone on behind the scenes in terms of talks, plans, strategy, what is real that has gone out in the public space etc and, I am not part of the "bed wetting brigade" but can certainly appreciate the frustration. 

Going back to the "what if" game IF we had of had a manager within the first 3-5 days of a certain quality we could quite clearly "could" have had more points and grinded out results, the squad is limited we all know that its under invested and poorly managed but we could and should be doing better. 

I dont remember advocating a "grind it out manager" my point is based on what the squad is capable with no new players we will have to grind out results as I dont see anything to suggest we have been playing in 2nd or 3rd gear and there is massive scope to improve (new manager lift, playing more effective for who we have, playing positions, some 1st team 11 changes would have us playing better) . If we got a fit manager in earlier more time with the squad more points and then your recruitment in jan can become more focused driven. 

Like I say its all a what if scenario the coach/manager isnt here and we are now looking at a rumoured back up manager who is out of work so in theory in hindsight could have come through the door within the first week. Not to say we shouldnt have explored other opportunities its just as it looks to have turned out the way its heading to an instantly available manager its frustrating to think in hindsight it wasnt all done sooner. 

Edited by nufcjmc