Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

26 minutes ago, RS said:

The richest club in the world stuff is shite though.  Owners yes. Owners who have said They’ll not be doing a Man City with us. 
I think we’re down. 

If they are going to do the ambition AS talked of when they takeover happened (i.e.  winning the PL within 5 - 10 years), then they will have to do a Man City for that

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Mcclaren actually had a better CV than Howe when we appointed him to be fair.

Also has a better/comparable CV than Fonseca or Favre, we should just get McClaren back.

Being underwhelmed by Howe, I can understand,  but cherry picking daft things really doesn't give a fair summary.

Can anyone name another manager who has done what Howe has?

I.e taking a club from the brink of liquidation in the bottom tier and getting them into the top tier within a few years?

Give the bloke some credit. 

I’ll back him to the hilt.

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I.e taking a club from the brink of liquidation in the bottom tier and getting them into the top tier within a few years?

KEVIN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN MATE

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

And then getting them relegated. Let’s not tell half a story 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

And then getting them relegated. Let’s not tell half a story 

The relegation is a lot less than half the story.
The pluses far outweigh that one negative.

Edited by Robster

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

True, but then if clubs hadn't taken a chance on Klopp and Conte after relegation, they wouldn't be in tge positions they are today.

Bobby Robson got relegated with Fulham and had them mid-table in Division Two when they sacked him. Imagine if Ipswich hadn’t taken a punt.

That athletic article from a year a so ago about Howe is fantastic if anyone has it it’s worth a read and eases a few doubts if mine.

He was on both Everton arsenals and Spurs shortlist before they got Mourinho, Ancellotti and Arteta in instead 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

That athletic article from a year a so ago about Howe is fantastic if anyone has it it’s worth a read and eases a few doubts if mine.

He was on both Everton arsenals and Spurs shortlist before they got Mourinho, Ancellotti and Arteta in instead 

Any chance of a link.

Few new words from Sam Wallace, chief Telegraph writer. 

Newcastle United are seeking to offer potential new manager Eddie Howe a two-and-a-half-year contract, and he is expected to bring some of his long-serving staff from his time at Bournemouth with him.

Telegraph Sport understands that Howe, 43, has provisionally accepted the job, having been the second contender on the shortlist drawn up the new Saudi Arabia ownership after Unai Emery. Among the new staff will be longstanding assistant Jason Tindall, who was briefly Howe’s successor at Bournemouth before his sacking six months into the job. Since then, Tindall, a former team-mate of Howe at Bournemouth from their playing days, has coached at Sheffield United.

Also in the frame to join Howe at St James’ Park will be Simon Weatherstone, formerly a first-team coach at Bournemouth, and Stephen Purches, who was assistant manager at the club. Both left Bournemouth in June when Jonathan Woodgate’s temporary time in charge came to an end. Graeme Jones, the Newcastle caretaker in charge of the team, is expected to stay on.

The state of people getting themselves in a twist over Eddie Howe potentially being appointed. Get a grip of yourselves, man. We're shite. We've been shite for 14 years. Even the 'good' seasons with Pardew we punched above our actual ability. 1 month under a new ownership isn't going to undo 14 years of mismanagement and neglected investment. Pretty sure any WORLDIE manager out there looking at Newcastle is probably thinking 'in a few years maybe'. You're the type of people that enable arseholes to keep using the delusional tag. 

49 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I will get behind him but for me it’s such an underwhelming appointment , just feels like another Mcclaren / Bruce /Pardew type appointment , thought them days were supposed to be over . I think a half decent manager could have attracted some half decent players in January and we would have stayed up but I am 100% confident we will relegated under Howe, hopefully I am wrong but I just can’t see how we stay up under him. 

:lol: unreal some folk 

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

The state of people getting themselves in a twist over Eddie Howe potentially being appointed. Get a grip of yourselves, man. We're shite. We've been shite for 14 years. Even the 'good' seasons with Pardew we punched above our actual ability. 1 month under a new ownership isn't going to undo 14 years of mismanagement and neglected investment. Pretty sure any WORLDIE manager out there looking at Newcastle is probably thinking 'in a few years maybe'. You're the type of people that enable arseholes to keep using the delusional tag. 

Afuckingmen