Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Eddie Howe wasn't one of my choices and I am concerned with how leaky his defences were at Bournemouth and his similar win rate to Bruce BUT we are 19th and as has been proven we aren't at the right time to be attracting big name managers, City took time to build and it's openly been admitted this won't be to the levels City went with investment in playing staff.

If we look at things from the Positives. 

He took Bournemouth from L2 to Prem. Shows he can progress from one level to a next, has vision.

Wilson, Fraser and Ritchie already know him well. That Fraser and Wilson partnership for Bournemouth was good, he could get that working again.

He seems likeable and well spoken, could be good for getting the press and fans onside.

He did keep Bournemouth up for 4 seasons in a row, he has Prem experience, more I think into it he isn't as bad as we make out I guess.

Let's fully back him, time will only tell if this is the right choice.

15 minutes ago, Sean said:

Went from being made up and excited if it's Emery, to disappointed by the way it leaked and failed, to completely underwhelmed if it's Howe.

He has no relevant experience for the challenge here imo. We have to hope he can step up at a much bigger club with much bigger expectations and pressure. 

Bournemouth started the '08-'09 season at -17 points in League Two and they stayed up with him at the helm for most of the season. Much different league? Yeah. A lot of fucking pressure? Yeah.

Probably been posted on here already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg6Q9ezQA30

For those questioning his signings I think we need to account for where he was and the strategy set by Bournemouth.

It is discussed in the video above, Bournemouth not competing with the top half of the PL but rather target younger players not fulfilling their potential at a top club or a excelling player at a Championship club.

They go into how especially the younger PL players would take time to get the best out of them.

Not sure Howe would go for the same strategy for Newcastle in terms of player recruitment.

I don't think it particularly matters whether Howe or whoever is appointed can win leagues or get into top 4. He won't be around to do it if he's not good enough, because unlike Ashley, I somehow doubt this new regime will start off by giving an 8 year contract to Howe or whoever is appointed. As long as they can keep your club up and aren't too disastrous, they'll probably be sacked down the line for a better option like City and Chelsea and PSG do it.