Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

39 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I do agree. Maybe we could push someone like Haydn slightly further forward, but that would be a stop gap.

I do think there are a few obvious things we could do if we wanted to improve things, but everyone is an expert, and I've derailed things by talking football now so I'll stop [emoji38]

Play Dubravka. He won't allow the defence to drop so deep. If Dubravka isn't fit, drop Lascelles as he's doing a shite job of leading .

16 minutes ago, sacred said:

Favre ist ein Trainer, der sehr polarisiert ist, man mag ihn oder nicht. Die interne Kommunikation mit dem Vorstand und mit den Spielern auf dem Platz ist toll, weil sie die Spieler besser macht und für junge Spieler ist es toll, weil es taktisch sehr gut ist Externe Kommunikation mit den Medien ist nicht seine Stärke, zumindest in Deutschland war es so. Vielleicht lag das an der deutsch-französischen Sprachbarriere.

Favre is a coach who is very polarized, like him or not. The internal communication with the board and with the players on the field is great because it makes the players better and for young players it is great because it is tactically very good. External communication with the media is not his strength, at least it was in Germany it so. Perhaps that was due to the Franco-German language barrier.

Alles in allem war Emery das Ziel Nummer eins und ich denke, er ist in dieser Hinsicht Favre sehr ähnlich. Es sollte also kein riesiger Stolperstein sein?

All that said, Emery was the number one target and I feel he is very similar in that respect to Favre. So it shouldn't be a huge stumbling block?

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Newcastle are going to have to do something that’s never been done in the history of the Premier League, stay in the Premier League after not winning in the first 11 games, that’s some ask from Howe 

But how many teams in that kinda position a) get taken over and b) become richest club in the world in the process?

Most teams just get fat sam in and pray.  

Its not going to be easy but if we can't turn around 6 point deficit then we deserve it.

5 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

The way the takeover finally went down kind of fucked us. I mean I'm 1000% happy it happened. I think it just fucked having any kind of rhythm in terms of getting stuff lined up on the front end and implementing it smoothly. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, though.

They 100 percent thought they had months to get their shit in order.

Can't see him playing 442 as we only have one good striker. Hopefully he will play 4231.

If he plays a back four of Dummett (when fit), Schar, Fernandez and Manquillo Infront of Dubravka, that's not too bad of a defence until we can strengthen in January.

9 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Play Dubravka. He won't allow the defence to drop so deep. If Dubravka isn't fit, drop Lascelles as he's doing a shite job of leading .

Totally agree. Per my longer post, I've no idea why we're persisting with Darlow if Dubravka is fit.

When he first came in I'd wondered why Rafa was prioritising bringing in a keeper when we had other problems.

Then it became totally clear - you need someone else that can pass a ball and not just spank it upfield.

7 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

But how many teams in that kinda position a) get taken over and b) become richest club in the world in the process?

Most teams just get fat sam in and pray.  

Its not going to be easy but if we can't turn around 6 point deficit then we deserve it.

The richest club in the world stuff is shite though.  Owners yes. Owners who have said They’ll not be doing a Man City with us. 
I think we’re down. 

I will get behind him but for me it’s such an underwhelming appointment , just feels like another Mcclaren / Bruce /Pardew type appointment , thought them days were supposed to be over . I think a half decent manager could have attracted some half decent players in January and we would have stayed up but I am 100% confident we will relegated under Howe, hopefully I am wrong but I just can’t see how we stay up under him. 

4 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Didn't Stavely say they're aiming to win the PL within 5-10 years? Sounds like a Man City basically, just a bit slower.

(and it's a bit harder now cos there's already a Man City)

Mike Ashley had similar patter

15 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I will get behind him but for me it’s such an underwhelming appointment , just feels like another Mcclaren / Bruce /Pardew type appointment , thought them days were supposed to be over . I think a half decent manager could have attracted some half decent players in January and we would have stayed up but I am 100% confident we will relegated under Howe, hopefully I am wrong but I just can’t see how we stay up under him. 

Extremely harsh comparison.