Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, bigfella said:

The theme tune to the old "How" TV series would work.

Did Fred Dinage not turn out to be a wrong un as well? Operation Yew tree ringing bells with him for some reason?

No he wasn't and isn't. My bad (very bad). I unreservedly withdraw any insinuations around Fred and noncery.

Daughter is a Tory MP mind so minus points for that....

Edited by George Bailey
Non-noncery

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The smart money says they'll dig out the old faithful ditty of: Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na Eddie Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Howe

Or the old classic boooooo 

5 minutes ago, Carlito said:

I wouldn't be against us buying a commanding CB but as mentioned the full backs and central midfield are our biggest problem areas.

I don’t think we need a ‘commanding’ cb. If anything these are now not needed as much in the game as most strikers are smaller and agile

we need a cb who is great at reading the game , good on the ball and has some pace

32 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Lingard for sure, I’d take Ake,, JWP, and maybe look abroad for a mobile DM with a bit of physicality 

How's Phillip Billing doing at Bournemouth?

Or even Lerma

Edited by joeyt

12 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Did Fred Dinage not turn out to be a wrong un as well? Operation Yew tree ringing bells with him for some reason?

No he wasn't and isn't. My bad (very bad). I unreservedly withdraw any insinuations around Fred and noncery.

Daughter is a Tory MP mind so minus points for that....

Don't think so but he's often cited as the inspiration for Coogans Alan Partridge.

Edited by madras

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I don’t think we need a ‘commanding’ cb. If anything these are now not needed as much in the game as most strikers are smaller and agile

we need a cb who is great at reading the game , good on the ball and has some pace

We also need somebody who is not going to be scared to get stuck in, someone who is vocal and can organize the rest of the back line. Fernandez is probably the best we have in that regard and by some margin but we could still do with someone equal to or above his level.

Went from being made up and excited if it's Emery, to disappointed by the way it leaked and failed, to completely underwhelmed if it's Howe.

He has no relevant experience for the challenge here imo. We have to hope he can step up at a much bigger club with much bigger expectations and pressure. 

Edited by Sean

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Went from being made up and excited if it's Emery, to disappointed by the way it leaked and filed, to completely underwhelmed if it's Howe.

He has no relevant experience for the challenge here imo. We have to hope he can step up at a much bigger club with much bigger expectations and pressure. 

I totally agree but at this point it's looking clear that it's him, so I guess there's nothing left to do but back him 100% now. Our best hope is picking up a few wins over our next 5-6 games and improving the confidence of the players. Hopefully Howe can at least do that.

Edited by Carlito