Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Problem lies in our midfield, until Jan we can’t fix it.. 

I do agree. Maybe we could push someone like Haydn slightly further forward, but that would be a stop gap.

I do think there are a few obvious things we could do if we wanted to improve things, but everyone is an expert, and I've derailed things by talking football now so I'll stop [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Played 4-4-2 didn’t he?

I can’t really remember. Anything away from 5 at the back and I’ll be happy.

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That’s the issue though, I really rated Howe , up until that form they went into . It was like he couldn’t even change remotely from this crazy attacking football to just try and get points. You can argue he might have learned his lessson but rightly or wrongly he’s a philosophy manager and he won’t stray from that imo.

if anyone goes back to this very board to the comments on them during that run, they were mind bendingly poor 

Interestingly, reading up on it it looks like Howe did change his tactics in that final season in the league. Even before they were in trouble he'd tried to make them into a more defensive counter attacking side and it was the loss of attacking threat that ultimately cost them. 

36 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Newcastle are going to have to do something that’s never been done in the history of the Premier League, stay in the Premier League after not winning in the first 11 games, that’s some ask from Howe 

Damn, I didn’t know this stat.

That’s not great. 

56 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

“I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?”

The Bournemouth forum all like him but this is basically my exact fear with this appointment. 

:lol: A ringing endorsement. A side shipping goals left, right and centre and the cunt can’t “set a team up defensively to save his life”. Class.

vor 33 minuten sagte toontownman:

Ich stimme zu, in Bezug auf Favre. Ich denke, vielleicht ist die PL-Erfahrung immer noch ein kniffliges Problem für die Besitzer. Meine Sorge wäre eher seine Passung als Charakter in die breite Öffentlichkeit und ob es etwas in den ASM-Gerüchten gibt. Wird er wie Emery in der Lage sein, klar mit Spielern/Medien/Fans zu kommunizieren? Ich denke, wir brauchen dringend jemanden mit Klasse und Würde (die Favre hat), aber auch eine echte Ausstrahlung, die begeistern und inspirieren kann. Das bekomme ich als Fan nicht so sehr von Favre, aber er hat es bei den Spielern klar geschafft. In Bezug auf den Spielstil denke ich, dass die Sorgen um Howe und unsere Abwehr sehr ähnlich sind wie das, was Leute, die Dortmund regelmäßig gesehen haben, über Favre gesagt haben. Ich denke, er wäre eine wirklich solide Ernennung, wenn wir diesen Weg gehen würden, aber die breitere Anziehungskraft von Howe als Kommunikator öffentlich sehen können.

Favre ist ein Trainer, der sehr polarisiert ist, man mag ihn oder nicht. Die interne Kommunikation mit dem Vorstand und mit den Spielern auf dem Platz ist toll, weil sie die Spieler besser macht und für junge Spieler ist es toll, weil es taktisch sehr gut ist Externe Kommunikation mit den Medien ist nicht seine Stärke, zumindest in Deutschland war es so. Vielleicht lag das an der deutsch-französischen Sprachbarriere.

The way I look at it is if someone offered us Howe in August we would have bitten their hands off. The new owners wanted more so tried for higher profile managers but due to our position none of them will join We will have an actual system for the first time since Rafa left. I'm kind of excited now.