Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Maybe just thought about it abit more 9 points 7 points what's a couple of points at this stage of the season 😁👍

It’s the difference in staying up at the end of it 👍

I personally saw enough yesterday to give me confidence in the rest of the season, Shelvey and Lascelles need removing from the team Dubs in goal and the correct formation to get the best out of Almiron, ASM and Wilson we will get a few points on the board before January transfer window.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I personally saw enough yesterday to give me confidence in the rest of the season, Shelvey and Lascelles need removing from the team Dubs in goal and the correct formation to get the best out of Almiron, ASM and Wilson we will get a few points on the board before January transfer window.

Assuming they don’t get injured [emoji38]

7 hours ago, duo said:

Very foolish of the new owners not to sack Bruce straight off the bat and get someone in.  Precious time was lost, near impossible task Eddie has on his hands now  After today i just cannot see it - we are just so poor.

We've only lost 1 game since Bruce left and we've been pretty rotten in those 3 games bar a decent half an hour in the 2nd half yesterday. 

If any manager who's worth his salt can actually devise a game plan, pick players in their true positions and organise XI players can come in then we should be OK. 

Howe's ace in the pack is his blank chequebook in January. 

Pretty sure there won’t be a blank chequebook mind.

Didnt the consortium originally say £200million over the next 2 seasons (so 4 transfer windows) on playing staff?

Wouldn't be surprised if they revise that upwards a bit for Jan 2022 but I’m not expecting much more than a £50m outlay. Whether that’s 2 decent players or 4 soon to be out of contract ones and some loans I don’t know but not expecting loads of top quality incomings yet. 

Edited by LV

21 minutes ago, LV said:

Didnt the consortium originally say £200million over the next 2 seasons (so 4 transfer windows) on playing staff?

Wouldn't be surprised if they revise that upwards a bit for Jan 2022 but I’m not expecting much more than a £50m outlay. Whether that’s 2 decent players or 4 soon to be out of contract ones and some loans I don’t know but not expecting loads of top quality incomings yet. 

FFP is over a rolling 3 year period so to get the benefit of the Ashley barren years I think they'll spend a bit heavily than that if they can/if we need. I'm sure there's a bit of brinkmanship - there's going to be a PIF "tax" anyway so suspect they'll downplay any budgets.

8 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

FFP is over a rolling 3 year period so to get the benefit of the Ashley barren years I think they'll spend a bit heavily than that if they can/if we need. I'm sure there's a bit of brinkmanship - there's going to be a PIF "tax" anyway so suspect they'll downplay any budgets.

Yep. I can see the downplaying budgets happening but I still think it won’t be anything crazy. 

Just hope they get some slack from the fans if they don’t sign a bunch of galacticos straight off the bat. I’m sure most of us here will be reasonable but I can’t speak for the twitter lot. 

32 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

It's also an article by Graeme Bailey.

He's a smoggy and even more negative towards us than Edwards!

OK, I'm not up with things of that nature, ie people with a blatant disregard and disrespect for the club.

In things about it there was the twitter picture on the BBC sports page of howe speaking to someone on his left.

Looking at the 90 min link it's the same guy.

So looks like you said deal done - just waiting for the official press release.

13 minutes ago, LV said:

Yep. I can see the downplaying budgets happening but I still think it won’t be anything crazy. 

Just hope they get some slack from the fans if they don’t sign a bunch of galacticos straight off the bat. I’m sure most of us here will be reasonable but I can’t speak for the twitter lot. 

If people think the damage from the Ashley era can be changed overnight then they’re in for a massive let down.   If we are still bottom 3 by the transfer window we’ll find it hard to recruit. 
The fact the press are promoting a negative spin on everything associated with the club will not help us either. 
Got to be a slow build with potentially a year in the championship as part of that process. 
Howe is the right man for the job

Edited by RS

I personally feel the club is as United as its ever been in the last 20 years.

We have a owners, fans and now a manager all pushing in the same direction and all with massive potential for growth.

Like I've said before, I don't want us to get relegated but a championship season under Eddie Howe and heavy financial backing will see us come back up and arguably in better shape.

That said, I'm actually really confident of staying up. The main reason is the ability of the other teams in the bottom half to slit each others throats.

We need to stay cool and focused. Just keep trying to pick up a point away from home. Hopefully a combination of a good atmosphere and a renewed sense of confidence in attack and we can put a few teams to the sword at home.

The quicker that first win comes, the quicker the tide will turn.

Provided we are in touching distance in January, PIF will throw everything at player recruitment. The lift of signing good players can make a big difference alone but if we get it right, we can start taking a few bigger scalps.

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I do think if we are within touching distance of safety come January then they will spend big 

As @RSjust said wanting to spend big and doing it are 2 different things in our position, we mustn’t hang around in the first week we need 3 players ready to go , currently playing to go straight into the side.We cannot afford a late window on players not getting game time , if the new owners have the cash they need to be paying way over the odds for the right players to get us to 17th .

We need a top CH 

2 in MF , a midfielder who can tackle 

1 striker as heaven forbid Wilson gets injured and we are gone simple as that .

Find them and we have a chance , don’t then we are relying on these fuckers , Howe MIGHT be able to change things and I hope he does, but it’s hope rather than expecting..

There's a lot a manager can do to get performances out of players like, I'm not too worried.

Wouldn't be amazed if Hayden starts charging about the midfield hastling the opposition etc. Disruptive players like Joelinton and Almiron with better direction will hopefuly give is more bite when we lose the ball. We have defenders who can pass the ball out we just haven't been playing them etc.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, LV said:

AS said they wanted to win the PL in 5-10 years , that will take a huge investment soon when we have the chance to do it , otherwise they will be pissing in the wind and we will be no better than an Everton in my opinion .

They have incredible wealth , IF we stay up it time to show it to even guarantee a top half finish we need £200million spent , to get beyond that will cost fortunes 

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

There's a lot a manager can do to get performances out of players like, I'm not too worried.

Wouldn't be amazed if Hayden starts charging about the midfield hastling the opposition etc. Disruptive players like Joelinton and Almiron with better direction will hopefuly give is more bite when we lose the ball. We have defenders who can pass the ball out we just haven't been playing them etc.

I agree , a great test for EH to get it out of them .