Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

If we relegate, Howe is good manager to bounce back from the Championsip to PL.  He had a long project with Bournemouth, from depths to PL. Why he woudnt do the same with NUFC if relegation happens? All the financial support with new regime is good opportunity for him. 

Edited by FinnMag

I know everyone tries to look ahead and look at all the permutations etc but the only fact at the moment is that NUFC are only 5 points from safety.  And lets be honest, performances can only improve as the dog shit been served up so far has been the worst we have ever seen.

Brentford and Aston Villa are starting to tumble, and Watford may start to struggle also.   

Im pretty confident at the moment with Howe hopefully signing and as someone said before - ace we have is Jan window were this time, we are guaranteed to spend!

Edited by Awaymag

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I know everyone tries to look ahead and look at all the permutations etc but the only fact at the moment is that NUFC are only 5 points from safety.  And lets be honest, performances can only improve as the dog shit been served up so far has been the worst we have ever seen.

Brentford and Aston Villa are starting to tumble, and Watford may start to struggle also.   

Im pretty confident at the moment with Howe hopefully signing and as someone said before - ace we have is Jan window were this time, we are guaranteed to spend!

:thup:

Some of the hysteria in this and the relegation thread is mindblowing. People voting 10 (ie CERTAIN to go down), “if we’re in touch of safety by January” ffs.

We will be out of the relegation zone before the transfer window opens. In my mind, it’s not even a question.

6 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Pretty sure a lot of posters have been here a while and are used to bilge, failure, lost hope .We are so close yet so far away mate at this very point .

These next 4 games will decide our destiny .(they won’t but it seems like it)

3 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

:thup:

Some of the hysteria in this and the relegation thread is mindblowing. People voting 10 (ie CERTAIN to go down), “if we’re in touch of safety by January” ffs.

We will be out of the relegation zone before the transfer window opens. In my mind, it’s not even a question.

Just to put another slant on it mate.At the halfway mark we may be on 11 points , that’s 8 games away and would have us levelish with those outside the relegation zone .Look at the fixtures 6 points off them at best .

Are you saying at least 1 team is picking up Zero points in that time? 

I simply can’t see us being out of the bottom till February at the earliest , maybe March .

The only stat that matters is out of it in May , but I get your optimism, I don’t share it . [emoji38]

7 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Why is that unfortunate? I have to assume that is only temporary and once we've matured organizationally, with executives hired who understand how to run a business, the process will become much more fluid. I'm sure PIF would rather have input at a QBR type setting rather than the running of day to day operations. 

We've been run like a Sports Direct franchise for the past 15years, so diligence will be done until the change management pieces are put in play to have us run independently, with less oversight from our owners in the day to day. Things will get better, takes time.

We'll have to wait and see. But ultimately the one who pays the piper calls the tune.

11 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

If we relegate, Howe is good manager to bounce back from the Championsip to PL.  He had a long project with Bournemouth, from depths to PL. Why he woudnt do the same with NUFC if relegation happens? All the financial support with new regime is good opportunity for him. 

IF we get relegated, the EFL ‘profitability and sustainability’ regulations are stricter than the PL’s FFP ones, and it’ll be hard work to ‘buy our way out’, even with wealthy financial support. It’s pretty imperative we stay up imo.

Just now, GWN said:

Just to put another slant on it mate.At the halfway mark we may be on 11 points , that’s 8 games away and would have us levelish with those outside the relegation zone .Look at the fixtures 6 points off them at best .

Are you saying at least 1 team is picking up Zero points in that time? 

I simply can’t see us being out of the bottom till February at the earliest , maybe March .

The only stat that matters is out of it in May , but I get your optimism, I don’t share it . [emoji38]

With a new manager, we're capable of taking points from anyone, maybe bar City and Liverpool.

Just now, The Prophet said:

With a new manager, we're capable of taking points from anyone, maybe bar City and Liverpool.

Anyone is mate , I’m with you , I just need to see it .

Manager aside, I can't see why we've still got Charnley and not appointed someone with much more club running experience with successful clubs. Thumbheed just doesn't strike me with confidence in working to bring in staff and players, plus he's too 'Ashley'.

I see this morning one of the papers is saying if Howe falls through we'll look to Dyche, Gerrard or Haise. What happened with Fonseca though?

Said it for a while, but bringing in a competent manager and two or three signings in January will see us closer to 10th than relegation by the end of the season.

Our next five games are all easily winnable. 

An international break for Howe to work with the team, perfect timing really. It just needs to be announced today, each day that passes is another one wasted.

You can't look at a fixture list and say "we can't get anything from these fixtures". You do that and you are already relegated.

By the time those fixtures have come around, the landscape has changed. We hopefully have a spring in our step and other clubs come under huge pressure from whatever situation they are in.

I'm not scared of Man Utd under Ole or Arteta at Arsenal. We might get beat, sure, but if we apply ourselves we can upset them. We have done it before.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Manager aside, I can't see why we've still got Charnley and not appointed someone with much more club running experience with successful clubs. Thumbheed just doesn't strike me with confidence in working to bring in staff and players, plus he's too 'Ashley'.

I see this morning one of the papers is saying if Howe falls through we'll look to Dyche, Gerrard or Haise. What happened with Fonseca though?

Dyche? Oh hell no. 

Id even take Gerrard over him and the thought of Gerrard makes me want to tear my skin off as it is. 

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Club haven't tweeted anything this morning thus far, and Journos are quiet, wonder if they're working on the media side of things before an official announcement?

they are active on Facebook posting photos of away fans

Howe will already be well educated as to what this team needs to change and who needs to be brought into the side. He won't know the full scale until he's in there day-to-day working with the players. I really think our biggest obstacle until January is mentality, and getting these players to think differently won't be easy. 

Have us pushing higher up the pitch, create a link between midfield and attack and he's already half way there.

They could well still be negotiating with Howe's backroom staff, it just isn't as sinister as is being potrayed.

After the collapse of the Emery appointment it very much feels like the narrative has moved from anger to trying to paint the consortium as incompetent. 

49 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I think people would be less worried if it wasn't for that December run where folk are expecting zero points from 5 consecutive games.