Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, madras said:

I think people would be less worried if it wasn't for that December run where folk are expecting zero points from 5 consecutive games.

I understand that but Aston Villa have just lost 5 in a row - would anyone have predicted that a month ago.   Brentford have lost 2 in a row and doubt may creep in (Norwich winning was a good result for us, keeps the bottom group together).

Also, lets say Newcastle win the next 3 out of 4, the pressure on the other teams cranks up massively.

We are in trouble agreed but the media are happy to paint it like its  foregone conclusion and its no where near.......yet!

4 minutes ago, Ste said:

Howe will already be well educated as to what this team needs to change and who needs to be brought into the side. He won't know the full scale until he's in there day-to-day working with the players. I really think our biggest obstacle until January is mentality, and getting these players to think differently won't be easy. 

Have us pushing higher up the pitch, create a link between midfield and attack and he's already half way there.

Agreed, though hopefully - if the second half last night is anything to go by - it's not as horribly shot to bits as had initially appeared. They showed good character last night, pressed more and tried to make something of Brighton's mistakes. Definitely still fragile and nervous, like, but thankfully not a lost cause. 

12 hours ago, neesy111 said:

No surprise the Bournemouth lads love him, the job he did is twice what Keegan did here tbh.  We were only Bottom of the championship FFS. Bottom of the football league to beating Liverpool 4-3. 

Unbelievable stuff.

A top 10 finish with Bournemouth one year. Crazy.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if everything isn’t formally announced until midweek, the team are off for 2 days and there’s talk of some big announcements regarding the corporate side of things.

There’s talk of all the Sports Direct tat being removed from tomorrow. Maybe they have another sponsor lined up and want all that in the background for manager photos

32 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We haven’t found it hard to recruit even under Ashley. Players like money. 

I’d like to think our owners wouldn’t be targeting championship players going forward though. 

Just now, RS said:

I’d like to think our owners wouldn’t be targeting championship players going forward though. 

I would if they are good enough.

12 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if everything isn’t formally announced until midweek, the team are off for 2 days and there’s talk of some big announcements regarding the corporate side of things.

There’s talk of all the Sports Direct tat being removed from tomorrow. Maybe they have another sponsor lined up and want all that in the background for manager photos

Haven't heard that but like the sound of it, was just looking forward to the impending managerial annoucement and the answer to such questions about what ambitions they have because the silence (and problems getting a manager) have added a bit of concern.

31 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Where did you hear that from? Be great if true, but not heard anything being reported to what you're saying

10 minutes ago, GWN said:

Imagine EH first team selection v Brentford 

Darlo in goal , Krafth , Clark and Ritchie in a back 4 , Shelvey, Hendrick in MF [emoji38]

Think I’d kill meself 

Even if it is I'll trust his judgement and give him as much time as he needs to get things right.  I certainly couldn't get a club from League 2 to being in the prem for 5 seasons so I think he is more qualified than us when it comes to team selection.

8 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Even if it is I'll trust his judgement and give him as much time as he needs to get things right.  I certainly couldn't get a club from League 2 to being in the prem for 5 seasons so I think he is more qualified than us when it comes to team selection.

Aye you are right, those players will get us out of trouble for sure .