Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, ManDoon said:

:lol: we literally just lost out on a “signed/agreed” manager not even a week ago, Howe has previously rejected a job he was basically taking because of issues. It’s not weird to be edgy about it 

Only difference being he didn't get seen in public with the owner of the club sat next to him, celebrating when the team he's taking over scored. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why are we the only club who have issues such as these? Does it take a week to sign a piece of paper?

Shall we ignore all of the reports that are stating we’re pissing around with the backroom staff?

What about the reports (from a source who was spot on about it collapsing) about how we fucked up getting a world class manager in due to a ridiculous relegation clause? 

What about the fact our players (who are in a relegation battle) are having no direction day in day out on the training field ahead of a very important run of games?

It’s farcical.

I’m sure it’ll get better, but between this and the delays to sacking Bruce and the fact we’re over a month in without a single appointment made, it’s very frustrating.

We’ve lost out on points already due to this situation not being resolved.

They very clearly need to get some footballing appointments made.

The consortium are fantastic and I’m delighted they are here, but they’re certainly not above criticism like some on here think. 

They basically announced it yesterday man, are you this needy to need it officially announced RIGHT NOW ASAP? It’s about managing the announcement from within. Press releases, photos, Q&As, getting his team in place first beforehand and then making it all official properly, this for me - if my belief is correct - is highly professional, very detailed and diligent and bodes well for the future. Do things properly in a correct manner from the start to the finish and you have a great chance of doing that in everything you undertake and try to do. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: we literally just lost out on a “signed/agreed” manager not even a week ago, Howe has previously rejected a job he was basically taking because of issues. It’s not weird to be edgy about it 

Edgy? I haven't seen anyone be edgy. I've seen a few being flat out batshit mental though.

Just now, HTT II said:

They basically announced it yesterday man, are you this needy to need it officially announced RIGHT NOW ASAP? It’s about managing the announcement from within. Press releases, photos, Q&As, getting his team in place first beforehand and then making it all official properly, this for me - if my belief is correct - is highly professional, very detailed and diligent and bodes well for the future. Do things properly in a correct manner from the start to the finish and you have a great chance of doing that in everything you undertake and try to do. 

It's just childish behaviour man but he won't be changed so don't waste your time.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I couldn’t care less about photographs in a stadium. I’m needy about our players, with a lack of confidence, having more and more days without a manager.

Plus you’re completely ignoring all of the reports of the signing stalling.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, ManDoon said:

I’m definitely a bit edgy like, not panicking the delay just strikes me as weird.

I would like it done ASAP, it's more the cryarsing that does my head in. 

We have literally no idea what logistical issues the new lot are facing.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We would’ve won yesterday.

Burnley showing yesterday an organised team can get a result against Chelsea. We nearly did ourselves.

Palace probably not as it would’ve been a quick turnaround. But 3+ points possibly.

:lol:  

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s their way of reassuring fans and informing the media, but being in charge of all of this so they can cover the news/story/announcement and everything around it themselves, IMO anyway.

Anyone currently in doubt…

14-FA1-EF9-A235-4-E7-F-9-DFB-64-C99-E01-

Incoming…

Howe-A-The-Lads

Mind if I was that close to Wor Mandy I'd be smiling too.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I couldn’t care less about photographs in a stadium. I’m needy about our players, with a lack of confidence, having more and more days without a manager.

What reports? There was literally one Mirror article that was literally just click bait bullshit? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I understand the concerns and this is NUFC of course so anything can happen, but I’m relaxed, his public appearance yesterday is pretty much the club confirming his appointment for me and to address fans and quell media conspiracies before they themselves announce it officially which they want to fully own and be in control and charge of. I’d be disappointed if they just announced it on FB or TikTok and then that’s it. This is a big thing, a new era, he’s going to be their man and his backroom team too, they will want to wrap this all up in a professional and methodical way and cover all bases in terms of promotion material, statements, photos, Q&As and such and that’s why the local/trusted media are not speculating because they are primed to cover this and get their own intel directly in line with the club’s official announcement. Sooooon….

It's "all the reports", in the same way that Donald Trump used to say, "all the people are telling me".

Depends who you listen to. All the local journos are pretty cool on the entire situation but then again, why listen to them when you could cry about some smart arse journo looking for a few clicks by playing on your needy emotions.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Reports? The media know fuck all man and be patient and stop being so needy, again:

14-FA1-EF9-A235-4-E7-F-9-DFB-64-C99-E01-

1 minute ago, STM said:

It's "all the reports", in the same way that Donald Trump used to say, "all the people are telling me".

Depends who you listen to. All the local journos are pretty cool on the entire situation but then again, why listen to them when you could cry about some smart arse journo looking for a few clicks by playing on your needy emotions.

A bit like when people were ridiculing Balague with his ‘reports’ whilst the locals were saying it’s done…

My take on it...

Howe has signed, subject to his backroom staff coming with him. It was reported he'd sign yesterday, but for whatever reason, the deals to tie down the backroom staff are taking a little longer than they'd anticipated, this could be caused by so many different factors.

In an attempt to undermine the consortium further after the Emery incident and of course, generate a few clicks from despairing fans along the way, some of the less connected journos have speculated the deal is stalling. 

Parallels have been drawn to Celtic, which of course collapsed due to the club not being able to agree his backroom staff's release from Bournemouth, but given most of them are unattached, there are few similarities. 

In an attempt to reassure fans as far as they can that everything is on track, Howe attended the game and journos were briefed everything is on track. 

I think its just press mischief, but given what happened with Emery, I totally understand the nervousness.

Him being seen last night (and with his assistant manager) was clearly a message to the outside that things are going well and not to believe the papers who just want to shit stir. We know they take their time and we know not even a week ago they were publicly stung. Until everything is in order they won't be announcing anything or letting any more planned leaks come out. Hopefully that goes with everything they do now. Call it a lesson learned for people new to football. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Players have today and tmrw off according to Jones.

They will announce Howe tmrw.Will start with the players Tuesday imo.

I’m hearing they will be in tomorrow to meet the new manager and his team, but will have the day off and then will be in first thing Tuesday morning for training.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Him being seen last night (and with his assistant manager) was clearly a message to the outside that things are going well and not to believe the papers who just want to shit stir. We know they take their time and we know not even a week ago they were publicly stung. Until everything is in order they won't be announcing anything or letting any more planned leaks come out. Hopefully that goes with everything they do now. Call it a lesson learned for people new to football. 

But I want it now, wah! [emoji38]

Just now, STM said:

But I want it now, wah! [emoji38]

It's just nerves, 14 years of Ashley and 18 months of a takeover not happening. Its frazzled people's patience, optimism & logic thinking. It will take some time for us fans to settle down. 

The money that our new owners have will not buy solutions to all of our problems which have festered for more than a decade. They aren't going to leap in and throw money at everything that moves. Our whole club is a complete mess. Our training facilities and present coaches will not produce first class athletes. Jones is doing all he can in a job he doesn't want and people should stop knocking him. We all have our opinions about what team to play, what tactics to use etc., but, we don't have the inside info on players fitness, mental state, injuries etc. It is going to be a long hard road. The difference to what we've had before is that the new owners want success as much as we do and the best we can do is support them

Just now, Dokko said:

It's just nerves, 14 years of Ashley and 18 months of a takeover not happening. Its frazzled people's patience, optimism & logic thinking. It will take some time for us fans to settle down. 

Aye, to be fair to us all, we are so fucked up as a fanbase trust wise and in terms of being certain or uncertain, like a victim of abuse really (no offence to anyone who has suffered with personal real abuse btw), that we are kind of damaged to the point of no return. Hopefully Howe can reverse that…

BTW, it's not that I don't think the new guys are being slow. I think they are being slow but I suspect its down to two things. Firstly they are trying to take their time to get things right and secondly they are relatively inexperienced at this.

I  just don't think it's worth criticism though.