Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

21 minutes ago, STM said:

BTW, it's not that I don't think the new guys are being slow. I think they are being slow but I suspect its down to two things. Firstly they are trying to take their time to get things right and secondly they are relatively inexperienced at this.

I  just don't think it's worth criticism though.

Its also an indicator of how player signings will be handled. Transfers are likely to be a protracted and quite drawn out affair as its clear that, despite the vast wealth, we are not going to have the piss taken out of us when it comes to fees.

Have we forgotten what club this is?  We signed a lad and he immediately got injured with a collapsed lung.  One of our star players couldn't go on pre-season because his visa was denied due to unpaid dental bills or something.  We had 4 managers in one season not so long ago ffs. :lol:

Nothing's ever simple.

Just now, loki679 said:

Have we forgotten what club this is?  We signed a lad and he immediately got injured with a collapsed lung.  One of our star players couldn't go on pre-season because his visa was denied due to unpaid dental bills or something.  We had 4 managers in one season not so long ago ffs. :lol:

Nothing's ever simple.

Loved that pic on here of him in the suit of armour. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Its also an indicator of how player signings will be handled. Transfers are likely to be a protracted and quite drawn out affair as its clear that, despite the vast wealth, we are not going to have the piss taken out of us when it comes to fees.

No its not.

We should have a DOF and CEO in by then.   You nor I have any idea what these owners will be like at signing players!

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

No its not.

We should have a DOF and CEO in by then.   You nor I have any idea what these owners will be like at signing players!

Even if we do have all the pieces of the jigsaw in place I still think we will be wrangling over fees etc. Not out of being tight, but more to do with keeping the NUFC "supertax' down to a minimum.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Pissy knickers crowd can step down for now

They'll find something else soon enough, if they don't they'll invent some scenario that may or may not happen to complain about.

Was just thinking, the timing issue and how long its taking is probably both parties wanting to make sure everything is 100% signed off, and correct before signing it off. From the Staveleys point of view they're probably slightly burnt from the Emery situation and want to make sure everything is done in a iligant manner, same with Howe given what happened with Celtic in the summer. With the players off today, they have a bit of time to tick all the boxes, and given how meticulous Howe is, he's probably been doing work in the background anyway.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

They've lost four in a row, you'd think their confidence will be on its arse.

When you’re down on your luck, and needing a win, who do you wanna play… NEWCASTLE! They’ll beat us!

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Now you’ve spoken on the matter, I wouldn’t believe anything else.

Good man !!!

It is still the easiest thing in the world for any of us to look on the down-side of everything. I mean, "14 years of daily training" is a very hard thing to shake off.

For our great future, just do what I intend to do whenever I feel that inevitably things will go wrong, just say one word (to yourself) . . O P P O S I T E . . and you won't go far wrong!