Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Being completely honest, he was never the right man for the job, a lot of people knew that.

Steve Bruce was one of the worst managers for us in my opinion, and I may be putting my neck on the chopping block here, but would results under Bruce have been any worse than what we have achieved with Howe? Given where we are in the table, results are what count, appreciate our performances have possibly improved a tad since Howe's arrival, but it's obvious he isn't the man to get us out of the crap predicament we find ourselves in.

I think we were ultimately going down under Bruce anyway, but feel we would have more points at this stage, we would have spawned another win from Brentford, Norwich or Watford at home.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I think we were ultimately going down under Bruce anyway, but feel we would have more points at this stage, we would have spawned another win from Brentford, Norwich or Watford at home.

Aye, we somehow rode our luck when Bruce was in-charge, and when you look at the games we have played as @Fantail Breeze points out, it looks horrific!

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not his players, they have shown they have an absolute pathetic and weak mentality 

Not going to judge Howe so soon, getting rid of him would be irrelevant.

I don't think anyone saves us and I would trust him to get us promoted 

Not a chance I want him in that dugout if he takes us down tbh.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I sort of agree but maybe the start of this season suggested that Bruce's luck with those kinds of results had run out. I think we would have been very much rock bottom and cut adrift.

Guest neesy111

He should be demanding at least 1 midfielder asap.  He's not to blame for how shite it is and it's really shite.

Edited by neesy111

Just now, Andy said:

For all that Howe hasn't started well, I'm not having that we'd be better off under Bruce like :lol: we're in this mess because of him, his luck had clearly run out this year. 

Has some fucking mutant actually claimed that.

Fuck off 🥴

10 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Nickson should have been replaced as soon as we were taken over, his record is largely terrible.

Not getting a decent recruitment team in asap, even if just a temporary one, always seemed daft like.

People bang on about deals being hard to do in January but I'm 100% sure that decent scouts would be able to find us a midfielder better than Longstaff or Shelvey like. I reckon I could do it with a few darts and a pack of panini stickers.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 minutes ago, Ste said:

Think this will be the first time his position will start to be questioned by the new owners, and Staveley's too.

They are in a sticky situation now. If he wants to play front foot football, they are going to need to back him and bring in another 4-5 players at least. This lot are barely capable of stringing two passes together, you can't play attacking football with such poor footballers. 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Not a chance I want him in that dugout if he takes us down tbh.

I mean, I'll look at it as Bruce/Ashley taking us down

The problems started before Howe and have continued with Howe, not his players, I'll happily give him time 

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

For all that Howe hasn't started well, I'm not having that we'd be better off under Bruce like :lol: we're in this mess because of him, his luck had clearly run out this year. 

Anyone saying we’re better off under that dinosaur cunt has lost the fucking plot. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Literally any top 6 champ mid imo, also there will be players abroad. Even just someone who can actually run 

Been saying this since back in the days of us taking Man U cast offs like Butt, it absolutely enrages me when we buy midfielders who can't run. 

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

Absolutely. Bruce rode his luck and off back of Rafa defensive drilling. Being a counter attacking side with ASM and Wilson and huge amounts of bodies sitting deep clearly could win games, but it was never a sustainable way forward. We all knew he had lucked in twice but was taking us down this season.

Edited by hakka

6 minutes ago, Robster said:

I sort of agree but maybe the start of this season suggested that Bruce's luck with those kinds of results had run out. I think we would have been very much rock bottom and cut adrift.

I think we would have went down, but for whatever reason Bruce seemed to inconceivably pull a few results out the bag and kept his head above water. That luck may have ran out, but I’m actually less confident Howe could get us more points than sticking with Bruce at this point 

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

It is concerning if he hasn't identified the midfield as our biggest weakness, like. 

I'm not sure if that's actually the case or not though, we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. For all we know there could be unreported work going on behind the scenes to strengthen up in there. 

I have an uneasy feeling that he rates Shelvey in particular a lot higher than any of us in here. I'm not convinced he'll be replaced any time soon.