Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I wonder which midfielders we have that could effect a compact block? I'm assuming Fonseca is of the Poch mode and he likes to push up and press the opposition when we don't have the ball. Can you imagine that with Ritchie and Shelvey? Or Longstaff for that matter. 

But Fonseca won't be a mug, he'll probably adapt to the players he's got to work with. At least he's got some football ideas, unlike our current coach who's "let's play" mantra is about as tactical as he gets. 

Yes, exactly, The key thing is getting someone in there capable of actually thinking about these things and finding the right solutions for the players we have.

Well, Bruce doesn't do either attack or defence.

So having a coach that could do either of those things would be an improvement beyond the dreams of man.

Yes, you wonder about the capabilities of the squad, but they'd all improve under someone with a working brain.

Miquel Delaney said on Second Captains today that Mehrdad Ghodoussi had been contacting agents of managers directly about the job and that either McParland or Brown hadn’t been contacted by the club all week. Hope someone gets appointed in a football director  role asap. 

Apparently Mehrdad wants a top manager to come in. Maybe he didn't fancy the managers McParland and Brown were suggesting, as they were probably more likely to be the ones suggesting Gerrard and Lampard.

10 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Miquel Delaney said on Second Captains today that Mehrdad Ghodoussi had been contacting agents of managers directly about the job and that either McParland or Brown hadn’t been contacted by the club all week. Hope someone gets appointed in a football director  role asap. 

There is no shred of doubt he is the last reporter who will be getting any inside information coming from the new owners.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Apparently Mehrdad wants a top manager to come in. Maybe he didn't fancy the managers McParland and Brown were suggesting, as they were probably more likely to be the ones suggesting Gerrard and Lampard.

Does he have a role with us?

I’m actually happy that the new regime is carefully picking the right man for the job. If you make quick decision, you end up with someone like Fonseca or Favre - and I don’t think they are right for this club. Both of them are terrible at organizing defense and in this league you need to make sure that the back line is tight.

Almost everyone is better than Bruce and I would love to see Jones taking the interim job, because I want to see him gone. But the next manager is absolutely vital, it sets the tone for the next few years.

W A I T

12 minutes ago, Elephant said:

I’m actually happy that the new regime is carefully picking the right man for the job. If you make quick decision, you end up with someone like Fonseca or Favre - and I don’t think they are right for this club. Both of them are terrible at organizing defense and in this league you need to make sure that the back line is tight.

Almost everyone is better than Bruce and I would love to see Jones taking the interim job, because I want to see him gone. But the next manager is absolutely vital, it sets the tone for the next few years.

W A I T

Who realistically is right would you say out of the ones linked ?

23 minutes ago, Elephant said:

W A I T

That last bit is familiar.....

" The lukewarm reaction to Ralf Ragnick hints that there are certain preferences within the ownership group. I've been told Ragnick is very keen on the United job and has told friends he has already been sketching ideas for his vision at Newcastle. A title tilt in three years is his belief and he has the CV to match it. But there's been no contact - yet - and a report last week claimed interest wasn't there."

From The Chronicle .

FFS whats wrong with these people ? Go get him !

Would be the most Newcastle thing ever if our new owners were just pure 🤡🤡🤡 and ended up being worse than Ashley :lol:

Big sam as manager and Harry Redknapp as DoF let's gooo

Edited by Chicane

13 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

" The lukewarm reaction to Ralf Ragnick hints that there are certain preferences within the ownership group. I've been told Ragnick is very keen on the United job and has told friends he has already been sketching ideas for his vision at Newcastle. A title tilt in three years is his belief and he has the CV to match it. But there's been no contact - yet - and a report last week claimed interest wasn't there."

From The Chronicle .

FFS whats wrong with these people ? Go get him !

where’s that from?

4 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

May I politely enquire as to what is big about Frank Lampard's personality? Or do you mean he's a very famous, very good ex-player?

Isn’t Lampard supposed to be genuinely really intelligent, as in proper high IQ smart? Doesn’t mean he’s a good manager obviously, but coupled with a pedigree of performing at the highest level and experiencing the likes of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Hiddink, etc. it can’t hurt I’d imagine.

9 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

if that’s true, then it’s a no-brained the owners have to go and get him and if Amanda is reading this (she has said she reads fan forums) go and get him it’s the best decision you’ll ever make and you might aswell make it early on. 

the bloke will set up our academy, facilities and processes to be the best in the world.