Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

So naive.

It's the job he did with Bournemouth in general, they are a tiny club and he got them punching well above where they should be.

So has Dyche for Burnley, and Nigel Adkins for Southampton, what's your point? I wouldn't want any of those 3 near this club.

Edited by Menace

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hardly delusions of grandeur not wanting Howe 

I don’t really ‘want’ Howe either but I’m not sure what our best realistic options are. 

Would definitely take Gerrard. Whatever you think about him, he was a leader and professional that would be very demanding but I feel gain respects of his players. Clearly that’s something we need. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hardly delusions of grandeur not wanting Howe 

It's not even about not wanting Howe, by all accounts he doesn't want us. He's a good coach, and had Bournemouth playing good football, but if he doesn't even want to be here, why would we be interested? He'd be pretty far down my list of next managers anyway so hardly a tragedy if he wants to keep coasting on the south coast. 

Well if I'm a manager I'd be having a look at it and thinking the following;

1. Awful culture , divided squad 

2. Technically poor players (ASM aside)

3. Relegation battle but extremely demanding role

4. Facilities / set up very poor

5. Huge job 

On the plus side - Money, and the potential to be a legend...

Many won't fancy it

At this point, I would be happy with anyone. 

Bruce is so crap, Alan fucking Curbishly has a better win %. We could literally appoint any manager in the world and have a better chance of staying up.

Whoever comes in will get my full support and it’ll be down to them to prove they are worthy for the role. 

1 minute ago, alijmitchell said:

5. Huge job 

Many won't fancy it

£200m war chest in January. If any manager doesn't fancy that, they shouldn't be in the game. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

At this point, I would be happy with anyone. 

Bruce is so crap, Alan fucking Curbishly has a better win %. We could literally appoint any manager in the world and have a better chance of staying up.

Whoever comes in will get my full support and it’ll be down to them to prove they are worthy for the role. 

Agreed. We just need change straightaway and then whatever new setup comes in then we need to get behind them because this season is going to rough 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Dokko said:

People forget Howe standing clueless on the touchline while a Steve Bruce side ripped his team apart.

Just like we did to Leicester last season?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

£200m war chest in January. If any manager doesn't fancy that, they shouldn't be in the game. 

We're definitely not spending anywhere near that in January, like. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, NEEJ said:

We really should be spending as little as possible and keep it for a summer rebuild.

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

No we aren't but it will be there if we want to. Point remains, any manager who doesn't like having those options shouldn't be in the game at this level anyway. This is one of the best jobs in football right now for all but the select few already at great clubs. 

5 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

5. Huge job 

Many won't fancy it

You'll be surprised how quick an awful culture and divided squad can be remedied if things start going better.

More of an issue for me is the playing staff themselves in that we don't have any central midfielders worthy of the term. Seriously think 2 decent central midfielders in the current squad, injuries permitting (Yes I mean ASM and Wilson) and its comfortably mid table.

1 minute ago, madras said:

You'll be surprised how quick an awful culture and divided squad can be remedied if things start going better.

More of an issue for me is the playing staff themselves in that we don't have any central midfielders worthy of the term. Seriously think 2 decent central midfielders in the current squad, injuries permitting (Yes I mean ASM and Wilson) and its comfortably mid table.

The central midfielders are a huge problem because we are so open when we push forward as they have no legs and the only one that can make recovery runs is Willock. These problems can be fixed by organising the shape of the team so that it’s not so easy just to play through us with one pass 

11 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

5. Huge job 

Many won't fancy it

The playing squad isn't anywhere near as bad as people are making out.  We finished 12th last season.
Half of the players have just been Bruce'd and any manager worth anything will know they can turn this around with a bit of decent coaching. Anyone who thinks they can't should be resigned to the same bin as Bruce.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Yep, having largely immobile central midfielders limits your options quite a bit tactically, not really sure we can do much with our current crop other than sit deep in order to hide that deficiency. 

55 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I honestly wouldn’t be bothered about any Liverpool narrative, if he say did come here and moved onto LFC at some point it would mean he would have done a good job here and if so, by that stage, we will be in a position to appoint another good manager or someone way better. It’s kind of a win win situation from where we are at right now. And if not, again, any future manager/s from now on in will have to be successful with performances to match or they will be replaced. If that is Gerrard or Emery or whoever… 

Think I'd prefer that narrative to Bruce is so good nobody else can even dream.

Just now, andyc35i said:

The central midfielders are a huge problem because we are so open when we push forward as they have no legs and the only one that can make recovery runs is Willock. These problems can be fixed by organising the shape of the team so that it’s not so easy just to play through us with one pass 

I don't see how, it's not just legs, it's brain. A player can run all day but if he can't read the game defensively he'll always be chasing. It's what we've done for ages when we basically had 2 centre midfielders on the centre halves toes and relying on 2 or 3 to break.  Bruce's main issue imo was to try and please the fans by playing more open which with our midfield just means more gaps.